014

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




 

(Movie - Kang Daniel (Feat. Dvwn)) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHxe6Kndkzs
 

Feeling mischievous, Jaehyun decided to continue with his lie. "I can't wait to eat some truffles. Mhmmmm" Jaehyun moaned and pretended to savour the taste of truffles. 

ShinAe's jaw dropped. "This is not fair." ShinAe huffed against the car seat with her arms crossed. 

Stealing a glance at ShinAe, Jaehyun's heart couldn't stop fluttering. The nervousness he felt before was gone. It was easy to be with her. He didn't have to try and be someone else; he didn't have to try and impress her because she will take him as he is. Jaehyun wanted to stare at her all day if he could. He didn't know why he didn't notice it before, but the longer he looked at her, all he had to say was - she was the most beautiful being he has set his eyes on in his 23 years of living. Jaehyun came to the realisation why she was not his usual 'club type'; it was because his 'club type' was only for temporary affection.

To Jaehyun, ShinAe was someone who could withstand the test of time. 

Arriving at Hongdae, he parked on the side in one of the alleyways. Stepping out of the passenger side, ShinAe's eyes darted from building to building. 

"Since when was there a fine dining place in Hongdae?" ShinAe was curious what the place was going to look like.

"A while now. Your wallet is going to love it." Holding onto his hoodie, he playfully retorted. 

"Sure." ShinAe replied dryly as she approached Jaehyun with an unamused expression. Jaehyun chuckled at her sarcasm. 

Side by side, they sauntered down the alleyway which was packed with people. Considering it was a Sunday night and tomorrow was a weekday, Hongdae was hustling and bustling. Teens and young adults were joking loudly and smoking copious amount of cigarettes. Approaching an area occupied with a group of smokers, ShinAe scrunched her face in disgust and tried to not inhale the smoke. Noticing her discomfort , Jaehyun reached for her hand and gently held it. ShinAe stared at him when she felt his hand.

"We'll go another way." Jaehyun tugged her in a different direction to avoid the group. Thankful for his initiative, she followed his lead. 

Not long after taking the detour, Jaehyun suddenly halted. 

"Andddd here we are." He announced. They both stared up at the brightly lit sign.

With his hand still holding her's, he leaned down and uttered into her side, "It's fancy, right?" 

ShinAe eyed the sign and the various posters on the restaurant's windows before glancing at Jaehyun. "Chimaek, Jaehyun? Chimaek was your 'fancy' fine dining place?" ShinAe questioned him, to which he nodded eagerly. 

"You had me fooled." With a pout, she side-eyed him. The corners of Jaehyun's lip curled up upon seeing her expression, *Charming as always*.

Entering the restaurant, Jaehyun reluctantly let go of her hand when they were seated on the second floor by the windows. The waiter came out and placed one menu between then. "Sorry, you will have to share. We ran out of menus." He apologised to them both. 

"It's okay." Jaehyun reassured the waiter, who bowed and left. 

Propping up the menu for both of them to see, Jaehyun pointed to the half and half option. "This looks good. What do you think?" He turned to look at her, to see if she agreed. ShinAe who was looking at the different flavours available, didn't notice the set of eyes that were watching her intently. Squinting her eyes and biting her lips, she quietly read the names to herself. Watching her do so, Jaehyun warmly admired how she looked before him. 

Abruptly turning towards him, Jaehyun eyes widen slightly and he straightened himself. 

"Can we get one of the half soy garlic?" ShinAe asked.

"Anything you want, ShinAe. Your pick." He gestured her to pick the other flavours. 

"Anything?" She jokingly narrowed her eyes at him

"Yes, anything." Jaehyun repeated what she said. 

"What happen if I pick nothing? How would you feel?" She teasingly suggested. 

"If you pick nothing, I would eat nothing with you. " Jaehyun said without skipping a beat.

As his answer reach her ears, ShinAe's heart pounded against the walls of her chest. It was not because of his words alone but also from his gaze. There wasn't an ounce of humour in his tone and expression. It was like he would do anything for her. 

Clearing , she hastily diverted her attention to the menu. "So, one half and half with original and soy garlic. One wedges and two hite beers." She robotically said. 

"Sounds good. I'll order." He pressed the button to alert the staff. The waiter from before came and took their order. After he was done, he left but quickly returned with the bill. "That will be 35, 470 won." ping her bag, she reached for her wallet. Grabbing it, she pulled it out and was about to pay when the waiter took Jaehyun's card from Jaehyun's hand and walked away. 

"Excuse me, what are you doing?" ShinAe was in disbelief. Jaehyun didn't say anything and innocently shrugged, pretending he had no idea what she was talking about. 

The waiter returned and politely returned Jaehyun's card with two hands. Jaehyun pulled out his wallet and placed the card back in. 

"I was supposed to pay." She protested. 

"I guess you owe me another meal then." He leaned forward onto the table with his elbows on it. "Hmm, where should we go next time?" Jaehyun looked out the window and pretend to rack his mind. In reality, he was staring at the sulking ShinAe in the reflection, *adorable.*

The food and drinks soon arrived and was placed before them. Her eyes glistened in excitement at the scrumptious food before her. Eagerly, she grabbed one of the gloves provided by the restaurant and slipped her right hand into it. ShinAe was about to grab the first drumstick in the garlic soy pile until she stopped herself. Embrassed by her eagerness, she glanced at Jaehyun. *I should wait for him.* 

Noting her hesitation, Jaehyun asked her, "What's wrong? Why did you stop?" 

"Waiting for you." She blinked at him.

Smiling at her thougtful action, he nodded his head to the food. Jaehyun encouragingly gestured for her to continue "Go ahead, ShinAe. You're hungry. Don't be shy." 

ShinAe instantly smiled and dug in, "If you say so~" Taking a bite, ShinAe slumped into her seat and held up the drumstick. "Wow. The.best.chicken.I've.ever.consumed." She emphasised each word. 

Breaking out into a joyous laughter, Jaehyun loved every expression she had. "Glad, you like it ShinAe." He was so proud that she enjoyed his suggestion. Taking a piece of chicken, Jaehyun took a bite. He agreed, it was definitely one the best chicken he has tried. 

"Can't believe you had me fooled with the whole fine dining joke." ShinAe threw the chicken bone into the bucket and made a face at Jaehyun. 

Also throwing the chicken bone in his hand into the bucket, he raised an eyebrow at her. "Who said it was joke?"

"Is there not gold here?" He gestured to the perfectly fried chicken, that was yellow in colour and verging to 'gold' .

"Are you serious?" ShinAe was not impressed with his joke. 

Seeing her expression, Jaehyun broke out into a joyous laughter. "Can't believe you thought I was being seriously." ShinAe threw him a glare and looped her fingers in the handle of her beer mug. Lifting the mug to , a small smile spread across her lip as she sipped the beer. 

Finishing up their meal with some general questions about their day and occasional jokes, they stepped outside the restaurant. Stretching, ShinAe retorted with gratitude, "Thank you for the meal, Jaehyun. Even though.." Pausing a bit, she quickly added while pointing to herself, ".. it should've been ME paying." 

"My pleasure, ShinAe. I might let you pay next time."  Taunting her, he shoved his hand into his pocket with the hoodie draped around this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter