CHAPTER 5

ONCE AGAIN [MICHAENG]

1615f7918b5c3608104179433686.png

[FLASHBACK]

MINA'S POV

And it's been a week of Seulgi and Jisoo asking Son Chaeyoung to come with us but she's either busy or has things to do back home. Though I still see her on the same spot either sleeping or drawing every day but today was different, I didn't saw her at all not even her shadow. 

I wonder if she's okay.

*Incoming call : Rose*

RS : "Hey we're running a bit late, you can go back to the dorm first."

MN : "Okay, I'll see you back there."

RS : "Oh and Jisoo's buying chicken for later. The idiot loss a bet to Seulgi, we'll see you at the dorm."

MN : "Haha arraso, take care!"

*End of Call*

I guess there's nothing for me to do here, I'll just head to the dorm and take some nap.

-

I was on my way home, but the moment I got out of the library a heavy rain suddenly fallen and my luck for today had run out. 

I forgot my umbrella... I have to wait until the rains cease or at least become weaker.

I stood right next to the library's entrance waiting for the right moment to make a run for it.

It's funny how it felt like this happened before hmm what do they call that again??? Oh, Deja vu! This rain is nowhere near stopping...

"Oh annyeong Mina-ssi, going home?" The smaller girl stood next to me.

It was Chaeyoung, it's weird that I haven't seen her the whole day and then she suddenly pooped out of nowhere.

MN : "Yeah but I forgot my umbrella so I'm still waiting for the rain to stop."

CY : "Hmm but it doesn't look like it's gonna stop soon."

MN : "I know I'm thinking of just making a run for it when it gets a little bit weak."

CY : "Hmm that's a good idea... Here take it."

She handed me her umbrella and started running away under the rain

MN : "Hey, you're gonna get sick. You can take your umbrella!" I shouted in hopes of stopping her and she did, she suddenly stopped and turned around.

You can take your umbrella!        

CY : "Hahaha mianhe, I stole your Idea but running under the rain seems fine. I'm too tired of being dry anyway and beside you don't want to get your books wet, don't you? You seem like you're having fun with it. It'll be a shame if it gets damaged. I'll see you around ms. Myoui!"

She shouted back at me and run away. What a weird girl.... wait she knows I read a lot... Does that mean she look at me too?

It was weird and somehow uncanny but at the same time, it was sweet.

-

The next day I bought her umbrella, I was planning to return it once I see her and there she was on her usual spot. I walked quietly towards her.

MN : "Uhm annyeong Chaeyoung-ssi."

CY : "Annyeong Mina-ssi." She said as she took off her headset.

MN : "I'm just returning your umbrella, thank you for it."

CY : "No worries :)"

MN : "And I bought you this."

CY : "Ohh Mint Chocolate..."

MN : "You don't like it?"

CY : "Hahaha ani, it''s fine. Thank you."

I didn't think it through she probably hate it, I need to come up with something. 

MN : "If you want, we can go to a cafe near here. I'll treat you to coffee the girls are still practicing."

CY  : "Gomawo but you don't really have to, I'm fine with this  :)" She said as she held the chocolate up.

MN : "A-arraso, thanks again."

And I started to make my way out of the library when I realized something. I walked towards her and before I knew it I just blurted out the words.

MN : "Are you avoiding me?"

CY : "Huh?"

MN : "We've been inviting you for quite some time now but you always say no and most of them are your friends, is it about what Seulgi said about me being single?"

MN :

LIBRARIAN : "Ms. Myoui it seems that you got Ms. Kim's loudness, that's unusual for you."

MN : "Mianhe."

CY : "Haha, mianhe. We're actually on our way out."

L : "Arraso."

And Chaeyoung pushed me out of the library while chuckling.

CY : "Hahaha are you that upset?" She let out a loud laugh.

MN : "Forget it, I'm going home."

CY : "Hey wait.. hmm I'm sorry okay? But about that, it's not that I'm avoiding you it's just I get really awkward around people I like....."

MN : "So?"

She just smiled back at me, a few minutes more and her cheeks became red. It took me a while to realize what she actually means.

MN : "Wait did you say you like me?"

CY : "Uhm... Maybe? Hahaha screw that, yeah I did. The moment I saw you sitting in the library I couldn't take you out of my head. Even if I didn't like the place I always wait there to see you and sometimes I fall asleep in there."

I was still processing what she said and was trying to figure out some words to tell her.

CY : "Omo mianhe, I told you I get awkward. I just blurted these things out. I understand if you don't want me near you."

MN : "It's not.... it's not like that, I was just taken back by what you said. I mean I'm too blunt and simple I never really thought someone would like me."

CY : "What? Yeah, you're simple, but you're really beautiful and you look really nice.... Aish I made things awkward again." *facepalm*

MN : "Hahaha."

CY : "What are you laughing at?"

MN : "You're right your awkward, haha you should've told me the first time."

CY : "Ehhh?  I knew I didn't get a chance. I was fine seeing you."

MN : "Who says so?"

CY : "Wait did you just...."

MN : "Opps and now I'm being the one awkward."

CY : "Are you serious about that?"

MN : "I'll be happy to get you know better... If you're okay with that."

CY : "Of course!"

MN : "Hahaha don't shout like that."

CY : "Can't a girl be happy?"

MN : "Arraso haha but let's try to take this slow."

CY : "Arraso Mina-ssi."

MN : "Let's start by dropping formalities."

CY : "Hai! Is the coffee still up for grab? I'll treat you one."

MN : "If you tell me that you're not gonna make excuses from now on?"

CY : "I don't have to :)"

CY :

---