CHAPTER 22 [END]

ONCE AGAIN [MICHAENG]

1621fa32fcbda45e684285195457.gif

NO ONE'S POV

She thought, for once Chaeyoung followed something she has always desired but the closer she gets to the gate the more she realized how the house was built in the way she liked. 

A few feet away from the sea, where the sun goes to rest. A big yard, full of trees and plants. 

Even after all these years Chaeyoung never stops thinking about her wife        

Even after all these years Chaeyoung never stops thinking about her wife. When Mina thought she could've moved on, she finds herself standing in front of a dream they used to just talk about. 

A dream that Chaeyoung could've forgotten but chose to remember.

-

And just like what Jeongyeon said, the gate, the front door and even the windows are open as if they were waiting for someone's return.

She went inside and saw a simple yet complex interior. The house was built to be a paradise, instead of air conditioning, it was filled with fresh air. The hallway was full of the smaller girls painting. In which a bunch of it was her portrait. The living room was decorated in Mina's favorite color. 

There were three doors that were open along the hallway. Mina didn't really want to pry since technically she's just a stranger who's, right now, trespassing, but her feet have a mind of its own. She found herself inside the first room.

It was empty the only thing that was in there was a grand piano and a portrait of Mina in one of her ballet recital years ago. The hardwood floor was smooth like it was made for dancing.

The second and the middle one was a bedroom, it was all white and it didn't really have anything on it, it's just a big bed, a couple of drawers and a framed photo of their wedding day

The second and the middle one was a bedroom, it was all white and it didn't really have anything on it, it's just a big bed, a couple of drawers and a framed photo of their wedding day. If there was one thing that was too obvious to ignore, it was all of the things inside the house comes in pair. 

Because once again Chaeyoung was patiently waiting for her return.

The last room before she makes a turn to see the end of the hallway, has its door half-closed she can barely see what's inside but something seems to be inviting her in, she pushed the door open and she was welcomed by what seems to be Chaeng's workroom, but the most surprising part was the wall of the room was composed of pictures of them in black and white, in which some of it she couldn't recall. She scanned them one by one and every one of them had different effects on her heart, her mind can't remember it but her heart does.

After calming herself from the overflowing emotions, she continued to make her way down the hall. Mina was welcome by two doors wide open, It was a sun-room. 

And if she remembers correctly when Chaeyoung asked her a couple of years back, about what kind of house would she wants. The only thing she implied was a sun-room because besides work she doesn't really go out. A wide one that overlooks the sea and the sun kissing but Mina always thought its impossible, since they live in the heart of the city where the sea is a thousand feet away.

And here her wife proving her wrong. Because when she thought that Chaeyoung couldn't love her more, here she is proving that if it comes to Mina her love would go beyond the universe.

-

The room was exactly how she envisioned it, a room full of space, facing the vast sea, windows wide open, curtains flying in and a beautiful sunset unfolding and in the middle of the room sits her wife        

The room was exactly how she envisioned it, a room full of space, facing the vast sea, windows wide open, curtains flying in and a beautiful sunset unfolding and in the middle of the room sits her wife. The girl she loved from the beginning, she still does, she never, not even once forgot about her.

This is what Mina means when the house she lives on feels empty. Because before everything of this happened she uses to come home to this kind of warmth.

-

She watches as Chaeyoung continues on painting what seems to be another portrait of her, in her usual over-sized t-shirt holding her 24 color palette while humming to Ludwig Van Beethoven's moonlight that was running in her vintage turntable. 

After all these years, Chaeyoung still listens to classical music when she works        

After all these years, Chaeyoung still listens to classical music when she works. Time didn't change her, she's still the same Chaeyoung she was. The way she flicks her paint brush, the coffee next to her canvas, and the room smell of fresh lavenders, just like Chaeyoung always liked.

Mina realized everything when it's a little late, and when the smaller girl is nowhere near her. She realized what Chaeyoung likes, and wants. Chaeyoung always thinks of the older girl that it's rare for them to get what she wants.

She craves strawberries from time to time, she looks at vintage shop and she even thought of buying empty canvas. It's late when she realized that Chaeyoung is everything to her, in her every day, in every little single thing she could think of. 

Son Chaeyoung is her life.

-

The sound that the waves resonance and the smell of the sea made everything perfect. 

Everything, like how Mina always fits perfectly with Chaeyoung. Like a puzzle, like a lego, no one will ever match the compatibility of how Mina's destiny was carved just to fit Chaeyoungs'.

Even time couldn't change this.

-

She wished she understood the smaller girl earlier than this, she wasn't sure how to approach her. So she just stood there staring at her wife with tears she tried hard to conceal. Her hair was from the same length as she remembers and what broke Mina the most was the wedding ring that Chaeyoung still chose to wear even if she wasn't sure when Mina will come back or if she would ever come back.

After the sea engulfs the sun Chaeyoung stood up, sip her coffee, and turned around. She found Mina standing right in front of her, tears like diamond rolling down her face.

CY : "M-mina?" She stutter.

MN : "Hi?" She said as she wiped off the tears on her eyes.

CY : "What are you doing here? You should have called me, I should have cleaned the house."

MN : "Aniyo, it's fine. I came here to talk."

CY : "Go ahead unnie, ask me whatever you want to."

MN : "Can you tell me what happened on the first two times you turn back time."

CY : "Unnie.. it always ended the same way..." She looks dejected, same look she have when Mina told her she wants space.

MN : "I'm not talking about that, I wanna know what I forget on those times."

CY : "Arraso, follow me unnie."

She followed Chaeyoung back to her workroom. And the smaller girl lit up the single lamp in the room, the only source of light in this confined area.

MN : "How can you work in a place like this?"

CY : "I usually stop painting when the sunsets."  She said and turn around to face the older girl.

CY : "I knew a day would come that I have to tell you about this. These are all the things we did."

Once again Mina scanned through the picture.

MN : "Does that mean we got Ray three times too?"

CY : "Ani, we got Ray on the last time. You didn't forget anything about him."

MN : "Hmmm, this picture was from?"

CY : "That was on the second time, you asked me if we could go to a ski resort because you wanted to try it."

CY : "And if you noticed these three was actually from three different times. It just happened that you always pick the same clothes. I'm sorry you had to watch that movie 3 times." She said referring to the movie they watched in Kobe.

MN : "Chaeng... I'm sorry. There was this sadness wrapped in her voice."

CY : "Don't be unnie, I figure you'll come here one day to end everything. I understand but I can't really say I'm ready for it. I think I'll never be ready for that but if its something you really want to have, I'll do it. For you, again and again."

Chaeyoung didn't look at her, just stared at the pictures in the wall. She didn't want to let Mina go, because besides being Mina's Chaeyoung, she's nothing, but just like what she said if its something that her wife wants, she'll do it.

MN : "I'm sorry for taking this long to understand what you did for me, you've sacrificed yourself just to save me. I should've not pushed you away. I realize what you really are to me and I don't care. I don't care If I have to live an eternity without growing any older. If I have to do it, I want to do it with you. I know I made you wait but I'm hoping it's not too late." She said as she grabs Chaeyoung's hand.

CY : "Unnie... It'll never be too late, you know I'll always wait for you, and if that means I have to wait for hundreds of year I will. Cause you are my life, and everything is worth for you." She said as she held mina's hand tighter.

MN : "I'm never letting you go again. Not even a second in this life. Tadaima Chaeyoung-ah."

CY : "Okaeri Mrs. Son."

The two of them shared a warm kiss. One that they've missed.

This is only the start of there story. A story made to last through everything. Time will be the witness to their everlasting love.

Once Again,

Mina will always mean the world to Chaeyoung, and Chaeyoung will always be Mina's life.

[END]

[END]

(A/N) Again, I'm really sorry if it didn't meet your expectation. I tried ending this in the best way I could think of. I'm grateful to everyone who took there time to read this :) Stream More & More if you have time and vote for TWICE in CHOEAEDOL. 

I still have one on-going fic right now it's 10 THINGS TO REMEMBER. It's basically 2yeon in high school (Read it if you want fluff :D). I'll publish a new fic once that's story is almost ending. Again, thank you everyone. Keep safe! Have a wonderful week!-