CHAPTER 20

ONCE AGAIN [MICHAENG]

1621a7653141f19c884494497427.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

It only took Mina a day to wake up, when the Doctor checked her up she's in an unbelievable state. Even Mina herself can't believe in what she's feeling. 

She doesn't feel pain, it's like she just slept and woke up. Of course, the girls knew why, so when the doctor left, the girls decided to let Chaeyoung and Mina have time on there own.

CY : "Unnie, I'm glad your awake but I have something important to tell you."

MN : "What's that Chaeng?"

Chaeyoung handed her the pocket watch she gave Mina for Christmas.

CY : "There's something I haven't told you before. I can turn back time."

MN : "Haha babe I just woke up and here you are with your lame jokes."

CY : "I'm not unnie, I'm telling the truth."

MN : "Arraso haha if it's true, show it to me then."

Chaeyoung held her fingers up *snap*

The next thing Mina know the doctor was back, said the same thing and went on there way out. She also noticed how the time in the pocket watch suddenly runs normally. She was horrified in what just happened.

MN : "How??? How did you?"

CY :        

CY : "Unnie, it's just not me, Hyung, Jihyo, Dahyun, and Tzuyu too. Remember how I explained to you how the watch works? Every time one of us uses our abilities, the watch runs normally. I should've been honest with you from the start but I thought I'll never use this... Not until now."

MN : "What do you mean? Tell me everything that needs to be known."

CY : "On December 31, 2019, when the clock strikes midnight and the new year comes. You fall unconscious, a nerve in your brain pops. Unnie I'm sorry but this is the third time this happened."

MN : "Are you saying you turned time because of me?!"

CY : "I did unnie, I can't just sit around knowing I had one thing I can do. I ask my sisters and I tried my best but every time we ended like this."

MN : "Do Nayeon, Momo, and Sana know about you guys???"

CY : "Unnie..Nayeon, Momo, Sana, and even Sejeong unnie are all immortals."

MN : "Immortal?? Are you??"

CY : "I am unnie, all of us are..."

MN : "Is there something else you haven't tell me?"

CY : "There is, just know I did what I did because I love you. Unnie the blood that got transfused into you was mine... And according to our family's research, blood from us gives the person the same ability as we have. The same immortal life.... Unnie..."

And Mina couldn't believe what she's hearing, she has known Chaeyoung almost half her life and it never occurs to her that the younger girl has this kind of secret, and she didn't know what to say or how to react

And Mina couldn't believe what she's hearing, she has known Chaeyoung almost half her life and it never occurs to her that the younger girl has this kind of secret, and she didn't know what to say or how to react. She couldn't even pick where to start.

With Chaeyoungs ability?

With the things, she has done?

The immortal life she has now?

Or the trust that her wife chose to break?

She did feel any pain, not from the illness or the stitches she has from the surgery. All she feels is her heartbreaking.

So she asked Chaeyoung if she could leave her for a second, she did when she got out of her room there was only Nayeon and Jeongyeon waiting. Worried for her wife she asked Nayeon to go in and be with her and it seems Mina didn't mind having her there.

JY : "It's gonna be fine." The eldest Son who was sitting next to her said.

CY : "How did you know?"

JY : "Cause time heals everything Chaeng. You just have to give her a little and maybe she would understand."

CY : "What if she takes too long?"

JY : "You know time is always on your side, right? A year wouldn't be that long when were talking about living forever. I get where she's coming from, we can't just force her to accept everything. She was almost dying and suddenly she wakes up immortal. Do you think you can wait for her?"

CY : "Of course hyung, I wouldn't mind waiting if it's her."

JY : "Then what are you scared of?"

CY : "I'm just afraid she would say she doesn't want me anymore. That there's nothing for me to wait."

JY : "Hmm I can't really answer that but if there's one thing I'm sure, I know Mina loves you. She loves you for who you are."

NY : "Jeong is right, Mina will never love anyone as much as she loves you." Nayeon was standing just by the door of the room.

NY : "She wants to talk to you... And please hear her out okay?"

JY : "We'll be right here when you're done."

Chaeyoung went inside and saw her wife looking far beyond the window. She sat next to her bed.

CY : "Unnie you wanted to talk to me?"

MN : "I do... I just don't know where to start."

CY : "I'm here I'll listen to everything you've to say."

MN : "There's really nothing much to say, I... I think I want to have some space Chaeng."

CY : "Huh?"

MN : "It's just hard for me to take this all at once, my head is a mess right now. Once I'm allowed to go home, I'll take my things and look for a place. I just want to figure things out on my own. I don't know how to trust you for now."

CY : "Is this about you being immortal unnie? I'm sorry I didn't have any other choice."

MN : "Ani.... It's about you lying to me from the start. I've trusted you since the beginning and I didn't know you've kept something like this from me.... Chaeng how can I believe you, when we both lived in a lie???"

The older girl didn't even look at her, both of them were crying. Mina wasn't angry, she didn't know exactly what she's feeling right no but she needs to understand Chayeoung and what she has done for her. At the same time, Chaeyoung needs to understand how Mina's feeling right now.

CY : "I understand unnie you don't really have to explain yourself, I'm the one in wrong her. If there's someone who needs to move out, I think it'll be best if it's me. That place is just a walk away to your work. If you have questions you can ask hyung and the others. I'll make sure that the place is clean before you get home... Unnie I'm sorry, I'll be waiting for the day you're ready to talk again. I love you unnie."

The last thing Mina heard from her wife was still something for her sake. It was painful but she did what she has to. 

-

Chaeyoung asked Nayeon and the others to look after her wife, to help her if she finds some difficulties and to make sure Mina won't ever feel alone.

She went straight home to pack her things, she didn't really know what to take since almost everything in the house don't belong solely to her. So she packed her clothes and almost everything in her workroom. 

She saw the pile of photos she has taken hidden in one of her drawer.

And out of all the times, she rewinds time to rewrite Mina's faith, there is always this one thing that she regrets, it's the memories she forced Mina to forget.

Memories that they should've kept.

Memories that made her wife happy at some point.

That's the reason why she always has that old film camera with her, to freeze that moment, store it and hope that a day would come that she can tell Mina about it but this is not the time, yet. So she took it along with her.

-

Now that Mina chooses to have space, Chaeyoung is not Mina's Chaeyoung anymore, she's not even Son Chaeyoung. 

Because she can only be Son Chaeyoung when Mina is around. 

She's just a girl that did everything she could for the love of her life.

She's just a girl that did everything she could for the love of her life        

---