CHAPTER 17

ONCE AGAIN [MICHAENG]

1621a629a24b6c2f119120022669.jpg

[DECEMBER 25, 2019]

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

We've been going around Kobe. Visiting places Mina grew up to. Although the weather's making it a little harder for us to enjoy, we didn't let it stop us.

CY : "Unnie wake up. We have a long day ahead of us."

MN : "Hmmmm."

CY : "Come on big baby, time to get up."

MN : "Kiss me before I get up."

I peck her lips and she suddenly opens her eyes and covered her lips.

MN : "I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

CY : "Hahaha where's the 'Im not your girlfriend, I'm your wife attitude?"

MN : "Unfair." She said as she stood up and run towards the bathroom.

CY : "You're the one who asked for it unnie hahaha. Let's have breakfast downstairs."

It took her a while to finish washing. She wore this sweater with long sleeves, longer than the actual length of her hands. After having breakfast we went to walk around the mall, watch a movie that she's been looking forward to, snap a picture at the big Christmas tree around the station, and say goodbye to her parents.

Before we go back to the hotel, to fix our things and get ready to go back to Korea. 

Unnie asked if we can take a walk by the shore, no matter how cold it is, I wouldn't mind if it's for her. We stop to watch the sunset when I notice she was only wearing one glove.

CY : "Unnie where's your other mittens?" 

MN : "Oh, it's in my bag. It got wet along the way."

CY : "Here." I grab her hand and took it inside my pocket. "Don't get yourself sick."

MN : "Arraso, stop being a worry-wart. I'm healthy as a cow since my wife always takes care of me."

CY : "I know, you can never really tell. Besides your hands easily get cold." I said as I rub her hand inside my pocket.

MN :

MN : "And yours are warm as if someone made it for my cold hands. We should go inside, it's gonna get dark soon." 

CY : "Unnie, before we go I have something I want to give you." I handed her a small box. 

MN :

MN : "Ohh you didn't have to, thank you Chaeng :)" She said as she took the pocket watch out of the box.

CY : "Actually it's not new. It's a gift we received when we're still young. Mom and dad gave each one of us. They said that its something our family had for years."

MN : "Ehh then why are you giving it to me?"

CY : "Cause you are my wife, my other half, and my life. Open it :)"

MN : "Why is it running backward?"

CY : "Mom said it was made that way, it's a set of five watches and there's only one that runs normally. Hyung's watch doesn't move until five hours late, Jihyo unnie have the normal one, Dahyun's is 3x slower and Tzuyu's 3x faster."

MN : "So it's really something special for you guys. Are you sure you want me to have it."

CY : "Of course, I want you to keep it. It'll be a symbol of my love, that no matter what happens just like the time I'll always be here for you. Merry Christmas unnie."

MN : "Thanks babe, Merry Christmas. I don't think my gift would compare to this."

CY : "Anything that's from you means everything to me."

MN : "I'm sure you're gonna like it too but it's not until we get back I'm sorry."

CY : "It's fine unnie, shall we go back to the hotel?"

MN : "Hai! Let's try to get things done early so we can rest a bit more before our flight tomorrow."

CY : "Arraso :)"

-

NO ONE'S POV

The first thing they did when they came back was pick up Ray at the Yoo's. Mina had a lot of fun in Japan but she wouldn't last long without her son.

[DECEMBER 26, 2019 AT SON'S RESIDENCE]

It was already late at night when they arrived back home, Chaeyoung sat down at the sofa with Ray.

CY : "Unnie, I'll clean up just give me five minutes to rest."

MN : "No worries babe, we can do it tomorrow. Hmmm tell me when you feel like moving again, I have something to show you."

CY : "What's that unnie?" She suddenly stood up.

MN : "Are you sure you don't want to rest a little more?"

CY : "Yap, I want to see what you're talking about :)"

MN : "Arraso, put this first." She handed her a blindfold.

CY : "Ohhh unnie I didn't think you like this kind of stuff."

MN : "Pabo! Hahaha, just do what I say."

CY : "Hahaha arraso."

Mina then held Chaeyoung's hand and lead her to her workroom.

MN : "Okay, take it off when I tell you."

CY : "I swear unnie, if you show up wearing new lingerie I'll pass out or worst I might have a heart attack and die."

MN : "Chaeng you're overthinking stuff, hahaha I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not. Now take that off."

Chaeyoung took the blindfold off, the first thing she notices was her wife standing right in front of the window. In her usual over-sized shirt and baggy pajama, her hair uncombed, and of course with her gummy smile.

In her usual over-sized shirt and baggy pajama, her hair uncombed, and of course with her gummy smile        

Mina is an amazing woman, she can be whatever she wants to be. She could be hot and elegant but Chaeyoung loves her the most like this. This dork, gamer, house body Mina. 

MN : "Ta-dah!" She said as she pointed to her side.

CY : "You got me a turntable?" 

It was beside her desk where she usually does her work. 

MN :        

MN : "A vintage one :)"

CY : "When did you?"

MN : "Before we left to Japan, I had it here for days. I thought it'll be a great idea to have one since you like playing classic music while you work."

CY : "Thank you unnie :) I love it. I'll treasure this."

MN : "Sorry it's not something good as your gift."

CY : "Ani, this is the best! You really know me that well."

MN : "Of course, you're my wife. It'll be a shame if there's something I don't know. Let's try it :)"

With these words Chaeyoung swallowed a big lump in . She wanted her to know but It'll mess up everything.

So she simply hopes that when the time comes and she can finally tell Mina, the older girl would understand her for what she did.

---