CHAPTER 18

ONCE AGAIN [MICHAENG]

1621a651a92f2dfe491778548386.gif

[DECEMBER 31, 2019]

NO ONE'S POV

For Mina, holidays doesn't really have to be celebrated extravagantly. All that matters is she has Chaeyoung and now, Ray. 

It was 10 minutes before the new year arrives Chaeng, decided to clean the dishes before it's strike midnight. The house was spotless, everything was in there right place and there's no clutter. Mina thought it runs in the family, she remembers how a clean freak Jeongyeon is, and it's not actually surprising that the younger sister is one too. 

If there's one place in the house that was messy it was Chaeng's workroom. She leaves it like that.

-

The older girl's patience started to run out, she couldn't wait until Chaeyoung finish what she's doing. So she turns the turntable on and went to her wife.

MN : "I'll do the dishes later, for now, can you pay attention to me?"

CY : "Haha it's just a couple of things unnie."

MN : "Nope, I'm not gonna wait anymore. Will you really make you're wife wait Son Chaeyoung?"

CY : "Mianhe, I didn't know you were waiting.."

 MN : "Hmp."

CY : "Arraso, since you've waited long enough *cough* 3 mins *cough* can I have the honor of dancing with you Ms. Myoui Mina?" She said as she opens her palm asking for the olders.

MN : "Correction, it's Mrs. Son Mina." She said as she holds Chaeyoungs hand.

Chaengyoung pulled her in for a hug, they swayed back and forth, dancing in the kitchen tiles. The fireworks started to go up and lit the entire sky.

MN : "Can we stay like this?"

CY : "For a while?"

MN : "Forever?"

CY :

CY : "I would love that, but the dishes won't clean itself, Ray would want to have some hug s too and what if.... What if you get tired of me?"

MN : "Pabo... There's nothing that'll make me get tired of you. You know I love you right?"

CY : "And you know I love you more, right?"

MN : "You didn't have to be competitive."

CY : "Hahaha I'm not just making sure you know. What do you want to do tomorrow?"

MN : "Hmm I want to visit a shrine. To pay my respect and maybe could take ray for a walk? A nice and hot coffee in the next-door park would be perfect too."

CY : "Then you better make sure you wake up tomorrow okay?"

MN : "Of course, if I don't you'll wake me up, right?"

CY : "I will and if ever you take your time sleeping then I'll gladly wait until you open those beautiful eyes of yours."

MN : "Don't worry babe, I'll make sure to wake up early so you won't have to wait for long."

CY : "I... I really love you unnie, and I don't know what I'll do without you."

MN : "Are you crying?"

Mina tried to pull away from the hug to check her wife but Chaeyoung didn't let her, just held her tighter.

CY : "I thought you want to stay like this forever?"

MN : "But you sounded like you're crying..."

CY : "I'm not and if I was it'll be because I'm happy to have you here."

MN : "Arraso, I love you too Chaeng. I'll try to wake up earlier than you and make breakfast."

CY : "Please."

10...

They heard the neighbors counting down.

9...

MN : "It's almost time."

CY : "I hope it stops."

MN : "Wae?"

CY : "Cause I want to stay like this forever too."

MN : "Don't worry even if time doesn't stop, we'll be like this until our hair is white."

5...

CY : "I love you unnie. I'll wait for you until wake up."

MN : "Pabo it's not like I'll sleep the whole day."

CY : "Just making sure you know."

2...

1...

The sky lit up with different colors, it was a sea of bright and sparkling dust.

CY : "Unnie happy new year."

MN : "Happy new year Chaeng."

And Chaeyoung held her waist tighter, but one of her hands around her head and with the next blast she heard Mina fell on her arms, unconscious and unresponsive.

Chaeyoung carried her to the bedroom, calmly as if she knew this thing will happen. She tucks her in bed, put her blanket on, and kneel next to Mina. She held her hands and cry like a baby.

She held her hands and cry like a baby        

CY : "Unnie... I'm sorry, I guess I didn't change anything at all but I'll do it over and over again if I have too."

She didn't notice the loud noise outside, or even the people shouting in celebration of the new year all she heard was her heart shattering into million pieces. In fact, it's been broken too many times it's almost like a thin grain of sand waiting to be washed by the sea.

*Snapped*

After hearing that snapped she knew exactly just what happened. She looked outside the window and saw the fireworks frozen in the middle of the sky, everything has stopped and she knew who did it. 

She stood up, wiped her eyes, and turned to face her sister...

CY : "Hyung..."

JY : "Didn't we talked about this before?? I thought this was the last time?"

CY : "But you know this is the only way I can help her."

*FLASHBACK*

New year's eve 2019 (1)

10...

9...

8...

7...

6...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

MN : "Happy new year Chaeng :)"

CY : "Happy new year unnie." 

Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around her hips. The older girl then placed her arms around her neck, they swayed for a couple of minutes when Mina suddenly collapsed to the floor.

She took her to the nearest hospital where they diagnosed her with a cerebral aneurysm that she inherited from her father's side. They didn't know when she would wake up. Chaeyoung couldn't handle it knowing she could do one thing. 

She called her sisters to meet her in the hospital.

*Finger snapped*

Nothing was moving, she knew that her sisters have arrived.

JY : "Yow smol!"

JH : "Why did you call us?"

She saw her sisters or more known by the timekeepers.

There eldest is Son Jeongyeon, she's married to Im Nayeon she's basically the oldest among the nine of them. They run a construction business known not just in Korea but all over Asia. 

Jeongyeon can stop time, she always told the girls the moment she met Nayeon, she stopped time just so she could stay in that moment even though it didn't really affect Nayeon. Nayeon is the guardian of all.

Son Jihyo comes next, she works on her own business empire. She have everyone in her hands, she can be a dictator if she wants to. She can stop, slow down, bring back, and push time forward. She can manipulate time on her own will, she has all of the girls' abilities, She's dating Kim Sejeong she saves life, she's an angel.

Then there's Son Dahyun, married to Hirai Momo. They run a dancing studio. Dahyun loves slow dancing more than any other form of dance in fact she loves to slow everything and although Momo is the type to dance at a fast pace, she would always let her wife have her way. Momo is the guardian of the sea. Just like the sea, she loves to move like ebb and flow.

The maknae, Son Tzuyu, married to Minatozaki Sana. They own several vet clinics as both of them are veterinarians. And unlike all of them, Tzuyu loves to look ahead in the future, she can peak at it, she likes rushing to the future. She can push time forward her wife is the guardian of the moon. With Momo and Nayeon they keep the balance of the world. (Cause, you know how the moon pulls the sea...)

And Son Chaeyoung a freelance artist who loves to visualize the past, She turns back time with a snap of her finger.

TY : "What happened to unnie?"

DH : "Are you okay Chaeng?"

CY : "I have a favor to ask from you guys."

JH : "Were listening."

CY : "I want to turn back time to December 1, 2019."

TY : "Huh????"

JY : "Chaeng you know the rules."

DH : "A month is too much, we're only supposed to turn time for a week if it's something personal."

JH : "What's the sudden decision?"

CY : "Unnie, Mina has cerebral aneurysm... She has been unconscious for almost a week."

JH : "And you think going back is the solution?"

CY : "I'm not sure but I want to try to prevent this from happening."

JY : "Let's say you turn back time, what will happen if things turn to be like this again?"

CY : "Then I'm turning it back again, I'll try my best until I find a solution."

TY : "Why not go to the future?"

CY : "I can't I'm not risking it, the doctors said that she's really in a bad condition."

JH : "It's not like we can do something about it. Let's say the four of us voted against you, that's not going to stop you right?"

CY : "Unnie."

JH : "Arraso."

DH : "But unnie."

JH : "We're letting you off this time. Chaeng the first three times you turn the time back were not going to say anything. "

JY : "Gaja.... We'll handle things with those three, do what you have to but remember what Jihyo told you."

CY : "Unnie everything will be alright I'll fix everything."

She said as she kisses Mina's forehead, everything started to move again. It was time for her to take her back, she held her hand...

CY : "I'll see you in a bit unnie."

*Snaps*

*Ends of flashback*

Chaeyoung never knew how it feels like to die, her neither her sisters. But in the three times that Mina had collapsed in her hand, she had a taste of death. 

The agonizing feeling that slowly tormented her heart.

Mina would always feel it as if it's the first time but for Chaeyoung her heart has been crushed three times, almost leaving it like a thin grain of sand waiting to be washed off by the sea.

Slowly she understands what it feels like to die.

Slowly she understands what it feels like to die        

---

(A/N) So yeah, this is under fantasy :)