CHAPTER 16

ONCE AGAIN [MICHAENG]

16211187fb614f98117856352694.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

Chaeyoung was wakened up by the sound of the piano from the radio, a melody soothing in every possible way. If her heart can make music this will be exactly how it'll sounds. 

She looks beside her and found her wife, sleeping like a baby, and right behind her was the dark horizon. It started snowing.

Chaeyoung always knew how Mina keeps on going around telling people how lucky she was to marry her. What she didn't know Chaeyoung was the real winner here.  Because for Chaeyoung, Mina is her moon. The light that guided her in the dark, she's the only relevant thing, the only constant in Chaeyoung's life that's full of changes. Mina was the one who lifts the cursed that she's been carrying all this time. 

Without Mina, Chaeyoung's life would fall in despair.

-

Mina was wakened up by these soft lips pressing in different parts of her face. When she opened her eyes she found her wife looking at her as if she's the world. Marrying Son Chaeyoung was one of the best things that ever happened to her life.

Because what are the chances to wake up every day to find someone who loves her more than she could imagine?

A girl who never fails to amaze her.

CY : "Okay babe, time to get up :) Mom and Dad are waiting."

MN : "Ohayo :) I love you." She said as she hugs the younger girl.

CY : "What a good morning, I love you more unnie. Now get up and get ready."

When both of them are ready they took a subway to Kobe's cemetery. A place where Mina once laid her life to the ground.

-

Although it's been years, the tears have never been dried up. Mina would always miss her mom and dad, she couldn't help but let a tear go while she offers her prayers to them. Chaeyoung understands, its not something you forget over time. It's a memory worth crying over with, a memory worth keeping for eternity.

It's a memory worth crying over with, a memory worth keeping for eternity        

CY : "Ohayo okasan, otousan. Mina onee-chan has been doing really well lately, she's been having lots of fun with the kids. Although you can't be here with us anymore, I'm pretty sure that you're watching over the two of us. Rest assured that Mina would have a wonderful life. Gomenasai for the things I've done." She did her best saying those words in Japanese (pretends its Japanese)

MN : "What are you saying sorry for? You haven't done anything wrong."

CY : "There's a lot of things I should be sorry for unnie."

MN : "No, there's nothing."

CY : "Hahaha just agree with me unnie."

MN : "Arraso but if there someone here who should be sorry it's supposed to be me... For neglecting you."

CY : "This again? I told you already you didn't neglect me. Unnie you should stop thinking about it that way, it was my choice to work at home, please?"

MN : "Just let me say sorry for the last time okay?"

CY : "Okay."

MN : "I'm sorry, from now on I'll be the best wife I can."

CY : "Forgiven, you're already the best wife in this universe but I'll take the upgrade too hehe."

MN : "Shall we go? The snow is starting to pile up. We can come back here the next day. Besides I'm sure mom and dad are always with us."

CY : "I know babe, okasan otousan we'll be back before we go.

And they made there way out of the cemetery.

MN : "When did you learn this much Japanese?" she teased the smaller girl.

CY : "Ehhh is it wrong? I had time to learn some."

MN : "Nah haha it's cute."

Mina took her to the local park. Although it's snowing they enjoyed so much Chaeyoung had to stop for a while and rest.

Because Chaeyoung is the type to see the better in everything, you can throw her at a mudflat and she'll find something fun in it. 

It was already running late when they decided to eat outside.

MN : "If you eat this you'll grow taller she said referring to the miso."

CY : "Yah unnie!"

MN : "Hahaha I guess you're still sensitive when it comes to height."

CY : "Well, I wished I could grow a couple of inches taller than you. In that way, I could put my chin against your head like hyung and Nayeon unnie."

MN : "So you're saying you want me to be a stand?"

CY : "Aniiiii."

MN : "I like you better like that, I get to fit my head perfectly against your shoulder."

CY : "I'll settle on being small then haha. Oh, I almost forgot. Let's take a picture in here too."

MN : "But this is just a restaurant. We already had a lot earlier."

CY : "No exception I want one in every corner of Japan."

MN : "Hahaha aren't you collecting so much? It'll be hard to keep everything."

CY : "No it's not, I have a perfect place to put it on. Every second count and I like the idea of how this moment freezes forever."

MN : "Arraso." She said as she moved next to her, and Chaeyoung took a couple of them.

CY : "I'll get it printed out once we go back to Korea."

MN : "I'll look forward to it :) now finish your dinner we should go back and rest."

CY : "Hai! Hai Mrs. Son!"

Son!        

---

A/N At some point, this story started drifting away from me (LOL) I was actually planning to give a last update with a summary of the whole story and the ending last week. I was stuck for a moment but after giving this much thought I figure I want to give this at least a much-elaborated ending (That's what I want to think haha)

There are only 4 chapters left, I'm sorry if things end up being like this. The last chapters will be published throughout this week. Thank you to everyone who's still reading this.