CHAPTER 21

ONCE AGAIN [MICHAENG]

1621a7e51d3ab431823180093271.jpg

[5 YEARS AFTER; SCHOOL]

NO ONE'S POV

Mina continued to live alone with ray, and though it's been 5 years since the last time she heard from Chaeyoung it felt like it was only yesterday.

MN : "I'll see you guys next week okay?"

EVERYONE : "Hai!!"

RJ : "Seonsaengnim hmm how's the strawberry princess?"

YN : "Majayo! I missed playing with her."

LIA : "She didn't even saw us grow up."

CH : "Do you think she'll still play with us?"

YN : "Like when we were little?"

MN : "Of course she would. She's just doing some work far from here, but I'm certain once she saw the five of you. She'll still carry you girls like her own baby."

RJ : "She should come home from time to time, she's making you sad."

MN : "Ehhh?"

YN : "Maja, Seonsaengnim miss her right?"

RJ : "She promised me, she wouldn't make you sad."

RS : "It feels only yesterday when Ryujin wants to take Seonsaengnim from Chaeyoung-ssi haha. You girls grew up fast."

YJ : "Annyeong :)"

RS : "Annyeong time for you girls to go."

LIA : "Hai hai."

Mina wanted to see these five girls grow up before she makes her decision and that one reason why five years never felt long for her. 

RS : "They do have a point you know? When are you going to tell them the truth?"

MN : "They're just kids and besides..."

RS : "Besides you really haven't forgotten about that pabo, I know you said she lied to you form the start. But isn't it time to talk again?"

MN : "Do you think she's still waiting?"

RS : "Hmm... I never even thought she stopped, she's Son Chaeyoung. She's stubborn, the same Son Chaeyoung that love you through everything. Did you forget how she always put you first? I doubt that girl will stop waiting for you."

MN : "Of course I didn't." *Beeps* "Oh I almost forgot I have dinner with Nayeon and Jeongyeon. I'll talk to you next time."

RS : "Arraso, take care."

-

The girls complied to Chaeyoung's favor, and though Jihyo and Sejeong moved to New York, Momo and Dahyun went back to Japan, And Sana and Tyuzu went to Taiwan. She has Nayeon and Jeongyoen who's always been there for her 24/7, like what Chaeyoung wants.

MN : "I'm sorry I'm late."

JY :        

JY : "Ani you're just in time. Sit down, I'll go call the waiter."

Mina didn't realize but she's accepted everything a while back. She has mastered everything she should. The only thing she hasn't done was to fully understand what her wife has done, so today in the middle of there dinner, she finally has enough courage to ask.

MN : "There's something I want to know."

NY : "Sure, what's that?"

MN : "Hmm I want to know why Chaeyoung did what she did."

JY : "It's just like what she said before. It's more of the fear of losing you, she wouldn't give up knowing she could do something."

NY : "So she chose to break every rule in the book. For you, because that's how much she loves you Mina."

JY : "Love, don't say it like that, she might get pressured."

NY : "Mianhe I didn't mean to make it sound like that."

MN : "Ani... It's fine, I just want to understand her more. I've been thinking of meeting her soon but i want to know everything before I do."

JY : "I'm sorry, as the eldest I should've guided her from the start but I just let her deal with everything on her own. I remember the first time she came home from university, she just saw you that day. She said she found this girl she wants to marry. Weird right? She didn't even know your name at the time."

NY : "Maja, it was weird that she didn't join the track team at that time. Even weirder to know that she's actually spending more time in the library."

JY : "Haha I thought it was funny, why would she waste her time for someone who's probably growing old and leave her alone? No offense. She even punched me once because what I said, she said even if you grow old and leave her alone she'll carry on be happy for the years you've spent. So maybe that's why the moment she learn she can lose you earlier than what she expect, she did what she did."

NY : "Hmm I hope you understand why she lied to you from the start, I mean how could she possibly tell you she's immortal, the first time you met? She's probably looking for the right time."

And Mina just ends up crying for the things she chose to ignore before. She realized everything she lost for the 5 years.

The house that she used to call home and full of warmth before is just plain and cold now, if it wasn't for ray it'll be a whole lot worse.

The girl who never fails to make her feel loved was nowhere to be found.

Mina realized that she's really not living, that she's simply existing from the moment Chaeyoung left.

NY : "Aigoo, don't cry. You can take all the time you need." She said as she transferred to the empty seat to hug Mina.

JY : "Maja, she's the most patient person I know."

MN : "Unnie can you tell me...... How she is now?" She hesitated.

NY : "I thought you'll never ask, she's fine, she's managing."

MN : "Have you seen her lately?"

NY : "A couple of months ago? I can't really remember the exact date but ever since she moved out of your house, she bought a place in Jeju. She never left that island since that, she was afraid that once she steps foot in Seoul she'll start coming to you, and she didn't want to bother you.  Not until you're ready."

JY : "She's probably having a good time, not really good time since you're not there but at least a reasonable good."

MN : "Can you give me her address"

NY : "Of course, I'll send it to you right now."

JY : "The place was build to be a paradise, Chaengie always leaves the door open in the day. Hoping one day you'll find you're way to her. She didn't want you knocking because you're supposed to just go in and feel welcome. She said It was your home."

Mina learned this recently, her home is not a place. Her home would always be Son Chaeyoung.

NY : "If you follow the hallway you'll find a room at the end, she spends most of her day there. Stop crying okay? You can go anytime you want."

JY : "She's still waiting for you Mina, she believes that one day you'll find your way back home, to her."

NY : "We'll even drive you there if you want."

MN : "Hmm no need for that, I want to find her on my own."

And Nayeon started crying out of nowhere, she's even bawling more than Mina.

JY : "And why are you crying?"

NY : "Shut up, don't you think it's just emotional."

JY : "I do, but don't you think you're crying more than Mina is?"

MN : "Haha, it's fine. Thank you, without the two of you I wouldn't overcome these past years."

JY : "We're just following what she told us. But know that you'll always be a family to us even without that pabo."

NY : "You're the pabo here."

MN : "Uhm I know it's sudden but I think I'll go tomorrow to find her." Cutting the two of them.

NY : "Ani it's just about time...." she said as she wiped her tears.

JY : "Maja, but seriously stop crying. Your snot is dripping."

NY : 

NY : "Yah!"

JY : "Hahaha let's be happy okay?"

NY : "Arraso, but just so you know you're sleeping on the sofa tonight."

JY : "Ehhhhhh."

NY : "Mina I hope you two can start from somewhere again."

JY : "Now you're just ignoring me."

MN : "Haha, well try unnie, and if you could keep this from her? I don't want her to be expecting."

JY : "You too? Hmp just so you know I'm not baking anything for the both of you."

MN : "I wasn't unnie."

JY : "Arraso. Let's go home for now, you'll  need rest."

-

The next day Mina took a noon flight to Jeju (The only flight she could grab). She didn't bring anything with her, not change of clothes, and not even words to tell the smaller girl. She just followed her heart.

It's almost sunset when she found herself standing in front of a house that was a few feet away from the sea, in the countryside just like how Chaeyoung have always dream off.

And she thought, for once her wife followed something she wants.

---