Chapter 4

Pirates Stories 2min SHINee history au

Less than an hour later, all the sailors, including the second captain, returned to the ship. Everyone is surprised and happy to see a dog in the hands of their other captain. "How did you get that dog?" Key asked. Jonghyun pointed to Taemin sitting on the stairs with an annoyed look. "Oh, I see. Making trouble again. and I see you ruined a barrel too. I’m telling you boy, watch out," Key said and Tae looked at him nodding, the annoyed look not leaving his face. "Now, come on everyone, take out the loot, whoever keeps to himself is kicked out of the deck with a slit throat," the captain said in a nice voice as if not threatening to kill them.

 

Everyone did what was asked and took the loot out of their pockets, so did Taemin, the little dog sitting next to him, and showed it to the captains. They collected the silver and gold and transferred it to a large box in their room where it would be kept.

 

"Lee Taemin, Bling Bling," Key called. The trio entered the room, the dog also followed them and none of the captains complained. They sat around the table, the dog jumped on the bed at the end of the room and lay down on it. "What a dog," Key cursed under his breath causing Taemin and Johnhyun to chuckle.

 

"So, about the mission," but Key was rudely stopped. "Can I not do it?" Tae asked.

 

"No. You will go, and keep your anger inside, boy."

 

"Why can't you send something else? Like Baekhyun hyung he has feminine features as well or Minhyuk Hyung who is also shorter than I am, and why would you need me to go to this party anyway?” The boy said.

 

"The key to the dungeon," Jonghyun replied, "and you're pretty much the only one who can do this task, your voice is higher than Baekhyun's and Minhyuk is not from Sheila at all and has a different look, we can not bring someone who is not from the Silla to the party, it will cause suspicions," he Explained.

 

"All you have to do is go into the party, talk to the prince, steal the key that has skulls on it and go, that's all," Key said. "That's why there are dresses in the box?" Taemin asked and pointed to the box from which everyone was given clothes for the missions. "Yes," Key said and opened the box from which he had taken out a pink dress. Its bottom layer was white and a pattern of flowers was on the left shoulder. However, he took an invitation out of his robe pocket, showing Taemin the white page with the royal signature.

 

"That's why you weren’t on the ship? To get the invitation?" Tae asked. "Yes, getting it was not that easy," the captain said, placing the dress on the bed next to the sleeping dog. "The spy we have in the palace had to get one more than the amount they had prepared and invited." "Did they invite a lot of people?" Jonghyun asked.

 

"Yes, even from Japan. high-class girls from the big cities of the Silla were invited and some princesses from Japan. It will be a bit hard for Tae to get the prince's attention but I'm sure he will do a good job," the captain said looking at the boy who stood not so straight and played with the tip of the tablecloth. "Please use manners when you get there," Key said loudly causing the boy to straighten up and nod.

 

"I'm not that terrible in manners, Captain. I lived in a house that it was important," Taemin said. "So you better behave properly, on the ship you have more freedom but there..." Key was once again interrupted by the boy's rudeness, "Yes, I know."

 

To Taemin’s surprise, putting on the dress was not so terrible. Key who helped him did not tighten it tightly in the waist area which gave him room to breathe. Jonghyun even told him that if he will need it he should take a dagger with him to put with a belt on his leg under the dress just in case. And with Key's magic powers, his chest looked fuller than it really is without feeling any involuntary discomfort.

 

Key seemed to know what he was doing, looking at his reflection in the window he saw how different he looked from before. His hair was arranged so that it rested on his shoulders, parts of it were gathered behind his head with a pin, his cheeks were dusted with blush to make it look natural and his plump lips had a pink cream on them that Taemin did not recognize but smelled like strawberry.

 

"You have a natural beauty," Key told him, "please do not let your anger ruin the mission."

 

When he finished getting organized the sun had almost set and it was his time to go. Some pirates were working on the deck so when he left the room they looked at him, "suits you," Minhyuk told him, "Good luck."

 

"Thank you, I'll need it," Taemin said. "Remember," Key added as they got off the ship and put on a black cloak to cover the dress, "I'll take you halfway to the palace. Remember, you have to distract the prince, get the key he has and go as if nothing happened without getting caught." they walked through a darkening street to the palace, "Ready?"

 

"I think so."

 

"Good luck," Key said before leaving him to continue on his own.

 

 

 

From here Taemin continued alone following girls walking towards the Grand Palace. Most were with someone else who went with them. When he got to the entrance, there weren’t many questions asked, he just showed the invitation like any other girl who came and went inside. He always reminded himself that he had a weapon in case something unexpected happened. He felt the strap on his thigh. Jonghyun advised him to put the weapon high above the knee because sometimes one has to lift their dress a little not to stumble on it and this could expose the dagger if it had been put lower on the leg.

 

At the entrance, someone took his cloak and put it somewhere then he was let in and finally entered the hall. People danced, laughed, ate, and drank. They seemed to enjoy their time at the party. But the prince was nowhere to be seen. Indeed, the king sat on his throne on an higher stage watching the party with a half-smile.

 

Taemin was not asked for his name. No one spoke to him. He was not approached, and he was relieved. Apparently, most of the girls wore high shoes which caused them to be at the height of Taemin who was wearing flat shoes as Key thought would happen. Taemin was tall but if the girls were to put on high shoes Taemin would not feel out of place and wouldn’t attract too much attention to himself.

 

Most people whispered to each other about the prince. Giggles from girls were heard. These giggles were covered, somewhat, by the music heard from the band that was at the other side of the hall. It looked as if at any moment the players might fall asleep, which meant that only those who were around those girls could hear the giggles. Tae frowned and rolled his eyes, meanwhile going to find something to eat. He didn’t have time to eat anything because of the time it took him to get dressed and "put on make-up."

 

And when he got to the food stand the music immediately stopped, and everyone turned to the doors that appeared out of nowhere that opened and exposed the prince, behind him was his personal assistant, both sturdy and handsome. They entered the hall and guards immediately took their place by the same doors so that no one would enter the palace itself and remain in the hall of the event.

 

Tae snatched some unrecognized fruit or two and stuffed them inside his mouth with no time to chew them properly and immediately swallowed them because of someone bumping into him from behind. It made him choke and cough, but luckily, it also did not attract attention because the band was back to playing. And, of course, the girl he encountered did not even apologize, let alone turn to him at all, and only continued to talk to two other girls who occasionally glanced at the prince. It made Taemin want to vomit.

 

Not to mention that some announcer announced the prince's entry a little too late with an apologetic smile. Taemin hated every passing second.