Case 1

Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, this is ahjumma again. First of all, thank u for subscribing to this story * bowed *. It has been a long time since I roll around here LOL

Even though this story has some police action to it, it was still meant to be more of a Kryber romantic comedy story, so I'll apologize in advance if the cases are superficial.

The next chapter is quite long so I divided it into 2 parts, the second one will be uploaded tonight  at 9:51

Stay healthy and keep on missing Kryber like I do. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

After they finished putting their belongings and checked the bathroom, the new cadets decided to call off the day and went home just like they were told to. As they were slowly going down the stairs, they saw one of their seniors hurriedly going towards them "Forget about going home, we have a case. Team leader Jung wants you to come along. Hurry!"

The cadets looked at each other, feeling a little bit uneasy.  As if Kyuhyun could read their minds he said on their way down "Don't worry. Nobody died. It's an Amber alert. A 10-year-old girl is reported missing from her family from a shopping mall. All available units are dispatched to look for the girl"

The rest of the team already waited in front of the police station. They saw two cars ready to leave.

 

Team leader Jung approached the cadets and said, "We'll head to Siheung-dong, the local police already closed the mall, no one can come in and come out. Superintendent Tan from Siheung-Dong will be supervising the case. We are in charge of interviewing the family. We'll split into two teams, you two come with me," she pointed to Amber and Haebin and then pointed to Mina and Hyeyeon "You two go with detective Choi."

All of them nodded and climbed inside the car.  Heechul was driving and suddenly he screamed out a loud "OMO!" after looking at the rear-view-mirror and turned his head to look at the back seat.

"OPPA!" team leader Jung took the steering wheel as the car left the line because Heechul was still looking at the back seat

"I'm sorry" Heechul apologized but couldn't help to take a glance at the back seat again

Meanwhile, Haebin and Amber exchanged looks at each other. They were both a bit surprised that team leader Jung called him "Oppa"

 

"What is it?" Krystal questioned Heechul

"What is what?" he asked back

"Your 'Omo!' in F6 minor from before. What was that?" Krystal said

"Omo!" Heechul repeated again before he grinned "I just realized that the new rookie looks just like Donghae. Look at them. They look like siblings" 

Krystal didn't say anything but the corner of the lips formed a small smile. She noticed that already from the first moment she saw Amber.

"Seriously, team leader!" Heechul said again "They really look like brothers!"

Heechul established eye contact with Amber through the rear-side-mirror, feeling bad for his words "Sorry, I mean no offense. I didn't mean..."

"None taken," Amber said "I've been mistaken for a boy most of the time"

"You are kind of handsome" Heechul winked to her

"You better be careful, kiddo" Donghae whispered to Amber "He's a ert. He doesn't care about gender, he's initiating skinship with anyone he thinks attractive. Don't let him molest you." 

 

"Okay, enough." Krystal said in a firm voice "Detective Kim, please take cadet Han with you. Cadet Liu, you go with detective Lee."

Amber and Haebin noticed that team leader Jung was back using honorifics. They both nodded. 

They regrouped as they arrived, Krystal put Shindong in charge of Mina and Kyuhyun for Hyeyeon. The shopping mall was already surrounded by police officers. They all followed team leader Jung entering the building, waiting for her as she coordinated with the superintendent. Amber scanned the mall, it has seen better days, she saw quite a lot of closed shops. In the middle was a group of people chattering, most of them were busy with their phones, some of them arguing with the police, asking how long they have to wait there. 

"Let's go," Donghae said Amber as Krystal finished talking to the superintendent.

Krystal briefed the team "Parents last saw her for about an hour before reporting her missing. They thought she was with her cousin playing game. The cousin said she did come to the arcade but they split. He couldn't really remember when was the last time he saw her. They search the whole building as we speak. Detective Choi, take your team to go over the surveillance cameras." Krystal looked at Heechul and Donghae "Let's see if we can get anything new from the family"

 

Amber watched as Krystal introduced herself to the parents, she tried to calm the mother, who was almost hysterical. The father looked tensed but tried his best to keep calm and answered Krystal's questions. They looked sincerely worried about their daughter. Amber's eyes followed Haebin and Heechul who started to talk a boy, behind him was a man and a woman, must be his mother and his father. Amber saw resembles between the man behind the boy and the missing girl's father and assumed he must be his brother. 

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter