Case 15

Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal opened her eyes groggily as the sunlight came through the window. She blinked rapidly as she felt she wasn't alone on the bed like she used to. She felt the weight of an arm draped on her waist; the body warmth of another person radiated on her back. She carefully turned sideways to take a good look at the person she spent the night with. Amber stirred a bit as Krystal changed her position. Krystal didn't move a muscle; she didn't want to wake her up and was glad as Amber's breathing went back to slow and even. She stared at the sleeping face of the younger girl, her long eyelashes, her firm jaw, her lips. Her heart was filled with a warm fuzzy feeling before the guilt came back creeping inside her mind. Did she take advantage of her? Wouldn't it be unfair for Amber to be in a relationship with her? The cadet is a lot younger than her. She still has a lot of coming. Wouldn't being with her make her life miserable? Krystal already has her position and reputation. Being with Amber wouldn't change much because people already acknowledge her ability. But what about Amber? Wouldn't the society judge her for being someone a lot older than her? Or how it would affect her career?

The more Krystal thought about it, the bigger the temptation to push Amber away. She couldn't deny that being with Amber makes her feel happy and safe. But does it worth it? Should she just stop caring before she falls even deeper than she already is?

 

"Don't..." 

The word brought Krystal's back to reality. She wasn't sure if she heard right because Amber's eyes were still shut tight. Seconds later, a pair of warm brown eyes were staring into hers.

"Don't," Amber repeated, her voice husky from sleep. 

Krystal was surprised and tried to conceal her nervousness by replying, "What do you mean?"

"The thought you have in your mind right now. Don't." Amber answered.

"How do you know what I have in my mind right now?" 

Amber placed her hand on Krystal's cheek, "I feel it. Your fear."

 

Krystal didn't say a word. She closed her eyes as Amber caresses her cheek with her thumb. She couldn't help to place her hand onto Amber's palm, pressing it harder on her face, wanting nothing but to feel her warmth. 

"At least try with me. Give me a chance" Amber tucked Krystal's hair behind her ear before she continued, "Give yourself a chance. I think we both deserve it."

Amber's lips formed a huge grin as Krystal slowly nodded.

"Team leader," Amber called her.

"Hmm?"

"We need to talk," Amber said.

Krystal's heart raced a little bit, hearing the seriousness in her tone. "What is it?"

Amber didn't answer for a while, making Krystal felt even more nervous.

"What is it?" Krystal insisted

Amber looked at the girl in front of her and said, "What should I call you?"

"Pardon?" Krystal was surprised at the question.

"I don't want to call you 'Team leader' when we are alone," Amber pouted.

Krystal couldn't help but smile, "I like when you call me team leader," she teased, making Amber pout even more.

"What about Soojung?" Amber suggested.

"Yah!" Krystal pinched Amber's arm, "I'm still older than you."

Amber curled her lip and said, "Unnie? Ugh, no way. I don't want to call you that"

Krystal laughed at the way Amber wrinkled her nose as she said, 'Unnie.'

"Umm, Noona?" Amber looked at Krystal with a flirty smile; the latter blushed a bit as she heard Amber said 'Noona.'

"Noona it is," Amber said happily and pecked Krystal's lips.

"Yah!" Krystal smacked Amber's arm, pretending to be mad about the kiss, but her lips still formed a smile. 

 

"Where are you going?" Amber groaned as Krystal rolled to the side and sat on the edge on the bed.

"Getting up," Krystal got up on her feet, "It will be noon soon if we keep on fooling around." Krystal put on an oversized shirt and her shorts. 

"I don't mind," Amber grinned, earning a pillow thrown at her. 

"I'm going to make breakfast. Do you want tea?" Krystal asked from the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter