Case 16

Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think she is."

"She can't be..."

"But you can't deny the signs," Mina squinted her eyes, looking at Krystal, who was talking with another team leader.

 

They spent the last two days in Dobong-Gu, assisting the local police on a murder case. They all waited for Krystal to finish the briefing with the local team leader before heading back to the headquarters.

"I think you girls see things that aren't there," Heechul placed his hand on Mina's shoulder.

"Ahjussi!" the young cadet protested, "Are you even capable of seeing the signs? When was your last date?"

"Yah! Yah!," Heechul pulled Mina's ear, "I'm popular with girls. I'm the one who dumped them because they are not good enough."

"But seriously," Kyuhyun also crowded with the rest of the team, "you think Team leader is seeing someone?"

"Look! Look!" Hyeyeon pointed at Krystal, "She smiles again! Come on! That has to count. She's been smiling like that for the last two weeks or so." 

"Maybe she just had something delicious for breakfast," Shindong replied.

"Seriously, Ahjussi," Mina glared at her senior and rolled her eyes.

"I still don't believe it," Kyuhyun replied, "If she were seeing someone, she would constantly be looking at her cellphone for messages, right? She doesn't do that. Not even once did she look at her cellphone."

Haebin nodded, "What you said does make sense. But my gut still says, she's seeing someone."

"Seriously, who could have won our team leader's heart?" Siwon murmured.

"Whoever that is, I'm sure he's near perfect," Hyeyeon sighed.

"Hmm, mmm," the rest of the team agreed, nodding while keeping their eyes on Krystal.

 

"What are you guys doing?" Amber was confused as she got back from the bathroom to find her teammates stood in line with their eyes fixed on Krystal, "Why are you glaring at Team leader?"

"You see it too, right, Amber?" Haebin asked without even looking at the short-haired cadet.

"See what?" Amber raised her eyebrow and followed Haebin's gaze. "You mean, Team leader? Is there anything wrong with her?"

Heechul wrapped his arm around Amber's shoulder, "You don't, do you? I already told them they are seeing things."

"Did you guys eat something funny again?" Amber placed her fingers on Heechul's eyelid and examined his pupil, "Funny mushroom?"

"Yah!" Heechul swatted her hand, "These girls think Soojung is dating."

Amber's gulped and blinked rapidly, "Ah? Seriously? Our Team leader?"

"See, I know you don't buy it too," Heechul patted Amber's shoulder.

"Well, she could, though. Shouldn't she?" Amber pretended to be innocent.

"Nooo," Mina suddenly wailed, "I don't think any man is good enough for her. Not even Iron Man, and I really like him."

"Why do you think she's dating anyway?" Amber tried to keep her voice calm.

"There! There!" Haebin pointed at Krystal again, "She just smiled again."

 

Amber blinked a couple of times and stared at her fellow cadet.

"You think she's dating because she...smiles?" 

"Our Team leader doesn't normally smile a lot. At least not until the last two weeks. You know yesterday she smiled 18 times, and today it was her 23rd smile." Mina explained.

"You count how many times she smiles in a day?" Amber's eyes went wide.

"I can't help it. Our team leader is just so beautiful. And when she smiles, she looks like a Goddess." Mina looked at Krystal with dreamy eyes. 

"But seriously, it doesn't make sense." Siwon opened his mouth, "I don't think she's dating. I mean, a change in habit doesn't mean that someone is dating. Look at Shindong; he never came early in the last six years. But he came first to work for the previous four weeks. "

"But it's because the bakery on the corner gives free samples at 7 am," Shindong said.

"Exactly!" Siwon stated his point," Not because he's dating anyone."

Shindong pouted at his words.

"Another example," Siwon said, "Amber has been humming songs in the last two weeks. Also a change of habit. Doesn't mean that she's dating, right?"

The team nodded slowly, accepting Siwon's reasoning. 

 

Heads were turned, eyes opened wide, and jaws dropped as Amber suddenly blurted, "Oh, I do, though."

"WHAT?!" everyone screamed in unison.

"I am dating," Amber said calmly.

There were a few seconds of silence before chaos erupted.

"What do you mean you're dating?!" 

"Is it someone we know?"

"Since when?"

"HOW??!" 

Heechul took Amber's collar and shook the cadet while shouting, "How can you date while your seniors aren't?!"

"Hyung! Hyung!" Amber wiped Heechul's saliva on her face, "Let me go. Hyung, stop spitting all over me. Yah, Hyung!"

Heechul loosened his grip and glared at the cadet, "Now tell us everything."

Amber tidied her clothes, "There's nothing to tell. We just started dating, so let's see where it takes us."

"Who is it? Do we know her? Is it Ryujin?" Mina fired her questions.

Amber grinned and just answered, "It's a secret." 

"Noooo," this time it's Hyeyeon who took Amber's collar and shook her. "No secret between teammates!"

"It's really too early to say anything. I don't want to jinx it. Umm, you know what, why don't I introduce you guys to her at the graduation?" Amber suggested.

"Promised?" Hyeyeon asked and let Amber go as she answered, "Promised." 

 

"Ouch," Amber whined and glared at the person who smacked her head, "What's that for, Hyung?" she protested to Donghae.

"Sorry, my hand just slipped," Donghae grinned.

The next second, Kyuhyun put Amber in a headlock, "Dating, eh? Your seniors are busy working, and you have the time to court a girl?!"

"Hyung!" Amber tapped Kyuhyun's hand, "Yah!." Amber screamed as Heechul came and pinched her lips, "MMmmh!! MMMHHH!!!"

"Suits you well," Heechul kept on pinching Amber's lips, "Punishment for smooching around."

The team stood in a circle, laughed in amusement as the seniors kept on teasing Amber.

 

"What are you guys doing?" A familiar voice came from behind. 

Everyone jumped at Krystal's presence behind them. 

"Team leader," everyone said.

Kyuhyun finally let Amber go, the latter was rubbing her reddened cheek, her hair was a mess.

"Anything I should know?" Krystal asked again.

"Nothing, Team leader," Siwon cleared his throat before answering.

"Cadet Liu?" Krystal addressed her secret girlfriend. 

"N...Nothing, Team leader," Amber answered in a steady voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter