Case 10

Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Cadet Liu."

Amber vaguely heard someone called her name. 

"Cadet Liu," the voice said again. 

Amber opened her eyes to find Krystal's face just inches away from hers. The sight of Krystal's bloody face made her heart raced. Her instinct told her not to let go. The screaming already subdued, changing into deep voices commanding the people in the yard to calm down. A few people got back slowly on their feet. Amber waited, reassuring that there is no immediate threat before she got her attention back to Krystal.

"Team leader," Amber placed her hand on Krystal's cheek, "Are you hurt?"

Krystal was surprised at her reaction as her heart jolted when she looked into Amber's pair of eyes and the feeling of her warm hand on her cheek. 

"I'm fine," Krystal gently pushed Amber's body away, trying to get some distance between their bodies because somehow it made her nervous. 

"You're bleeding," Amber still didn't budge. Her voice was shaking while her eyes busy searching for the bleeding source.

Krystal placed her hand on Amber's shoulder, "I don't think it's my blood. I'm not hurt." She noticed that Amber was also covered in blood, "Are you hurt?"

Amber shook her head, "It's not mine either." Amber took a moment to be sure that the situation is under control before she got up and helped Krystal getting back to her feet. Both of them did a body check to make sure that they have no wounds. 

 

Amber was scanning the environment, trying to make sense of what had just happened while Krystal drifted away back to the moment where her heart reacted funny. 

'Must be the adrenaline,' Krystal reassuring herself. 

"They are all dead," Amber told her, pointing to the headless bodies on the ground, "The brothers and the prosecutors. Big caliber."

Krystal nodded and whispered, "Hitman?"

"Looks like it," Amber agreeing, "Revenge?"

"But why the prosecutors?" Krystal murmured.

 

"You!" 

Amber and Krystal turned their heads to the source of the voice. A man in a black uniform approached them. Amber moved forward, shielding Krystal from the man. Even though he seems to be from the SOU, the team leader's safety comes first. Krystal placed her hand on Amber's side and nodded to her, telling her to move while she flashed her badge to the SOU officer.

"I'm Jung Soo Jung from Seoul's violent crimes," Krystal said to the man. The latter examined her badges and nodded before drifted his attention to Amber. "This is my cadet," Krystal signed Amber to show the officer her identification. The tall man nodded again, "I'm sorry for the trouble, but I still have to ask you to move to the inner court. Nobody is allowed to leave until we clear the perimeter." 

"Understand," Krystal followed the officer with Amber right behind her "Any lead?" Krystal asked the man.

"Five rounds, .338 magnum. The SOU is searching the high towers based on the bullet projections." He led them into a room, "You two don't seem to have any injuries, you can wait here. If you need any assistance, you can talk to that officer," he pointed to another officer guarding at the door. 

"Team leader," Amber said to Krystal as the officer left, "You think we can try to clean up a bit at least?"

"Yeah," Krystal agreed. After reporting to the guarding officer, they went together to the bathroom. They tried as good as they could to wash off the dry blood on their skin. 

 

"Jung," Krystal said on the phone as they were back in the room.

"SOOJUNG! Are you alright?" Heechul shouted on the other end, "ARE YOU HURT?!"

"Oppa," Krystal rub her ringing ear, "I was fine, but now I suffer from hearing loss."

Amber chuckled.

"No, Oppa, I'm fine. Yes, I'm not hurt. No, I can't. They won't let us out," Krystal explained the situation, "Yes. No, I',m not alone. I'm with Cadet Liu."

"Amber?" Heechul said on the phone.

"Yes, Oppa. I needed something from the headquarters. Amber was available, so she took the stuff to me. Now she's trapped here with me," Krystal explained.

"Give me the kid," Heechul ordered Krystal.

"What?" Krystal was reluctant, "Why?"

"Aish, stop asking so many questions. Just give me the kid," Heechul repeated on the phone. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter