Case 2

Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think the uncle ually abused Seowoo," Krystal said

The whole team gasped at her words.

"Think about it, he even seemed more concerned about her than his own son," Krystal added

"Circumstantial," Siwon answered, "He might really just care about his niece."

"I thought so too until I saw the clothes and the underwear," Krystal explained, "I think there is enough reason to question him about it, isn't it?"

Her team nodded "Worth a try"

 

"Sunbaenim," Krystal said to Siwon "Please check the surveillance cameras. I think the shop's name was Nebulus and the other one was something with 'Bijou"

"On it. You two," he said to Mina and Hyeyeon "Come with me:"

"I'm going to question the uncle," Krystal told the rest of the team.

"Team leader Jung!" Haebin said "Can I please come with you? I'm sure I can learn a lot"

Krystal looked at her and slowly nodded "Cadet Liu, you can also come along if you want to"

Amber nodded.

 

Krystal asked an officer to bring the uncle to an empty shop to interrogate him. Amber and Haebin stood at the corner and with each minute their admiration for Krystal grew. The uncle denied everything at first but Krystal was onto him until he finally confessed that he has been molested Seowoo since she was five. He confessed about the ual abuse but he swore that he wasn't the one that took her. He screamed that he loves her and wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

Krystal ordered two officers to arrest the uncle. Amber and Haebin approached her

"You believe him?" Haebin asked

Krystal nodded "He is a sick bastard but I don't think he would hurt her. Let's regroup and wait for Choi Sunbaenim"

 

Everyone felt sick and enraged as they found out that the uncle molested the little girl.

"Team leader, I'm sure he is the one. The bastard is afraid that Seowoo is going to tell her parents, that's why he killed her" Kyuhyun was so furious that his face turned red "That kind of person doesn't even deserve to live"

"We are not sure that she is dead," Donghae said 

"Oh come on, won't a little girl cry or scream if she was left alone?! If she were alive, don't you think the search team would have found her already?" Kyuhyun insisted.

"Calm down," Krystal said "We need to gather the facts. Look, Choi Sunbaenim is back."

 

"Did he?" Siwon asked carefully

Krystal nodded

"Bastard!" Siwon slammed his fist to the desk. He took deep breaths before he reported his finding "As much as I want to strangle him, his story checked out. He couldn't be the one who took her. We saw him on the surveillance cameras."

"If he wasn't the one, who has the motive to hurt her?" Krystal mouthed "Why?"

"Her cousin?" Shindong suggested, "Maybe he is jealous of her?"

"Can't be," Donghae said "He was at the arcade the whole time"

Everyone turned their heads to Hyeyeon as she peeped from behind "I think the aunt is a good suspect"

"Explain," Krystal said

"Well," Hyeyeon took a deep breath before she continued, "I think she's jealous"

"Of a nine-year-old?" Mina said

"Well... I know it doesn't make sense. But I still think she did it" Haebin didn't know how to explain her suspicion

"It's not necessarily wrong." Siwon said "Sure, normally a woman won't get jealous of a-nine-year old but her husband was ually abusing her. I think that's why she thinks of her as a rival. Like cadet Han said "jealousy". And jealousy is always a motive."

"We need to check the camera again if we can spot her somewhere before Seowoo's parents report her missing," Krystal said

"If it were her, Seowoo would come voluntarily. And it means that she kept her here. But doesn't that mean that she already killed her? If not, why isn't she screaming for help? The search team would definitely hear her scream." Kyuhyun replied

"What are we missing..." Krystal muttered under her breath "Something is missing"

"Team leader, I'm taking the cadets to check the surveillance camera again," Siwon said

Krystal nodded, her brain trying to process the evidence, something that would connect the aunt to Seowoo. 

 

A few moments later Siwon got back.

"We have footage of her reading a book at the meeting point. Seem like she was the first to arrive and waited for the rest to come. We didn't see anything suspicious, she seemed calm."

"I need to talk to her," Krystal said

"I'll get her" Heechul walked out and come back with the aunt.

"What's wrong?" the aunt said, "You found Seowoo?"

Krystal didn't say anything for a while and just stared at her

The aunt grew edgy and looked around "Can somebody tell me what's going on? Why am I here? I should be with my son"

"You knew..." Krystal said to her "You knew what your sick husband was doing to her"

"I don't know what you are talking about," she answered

"You should be protecting her. But instead, you are jealous because your husband prefer to touch her than to touch you"

"You are crazy," the aunt hissed 

"Every day you saw how your husband is looking at her. But you closed your eyes. You closed your ears as you heard the door to her room opened."

"I don't know what you are talking about!" the aunt raised her voice "I'm leaving!"

Krystal gritted her teeth before she said "She is nine for God's sake! Your husband already took her childhood and now you want to take her life! Your husband was the one who is sick. She was the victim! And you still hurt her!"

"Shut up!" the aunt screamed "Shut up! You don't know what you are talking about!"

"What did you do to her? Did she cry? Did she beg you not to hurt her?" Krystal raised her tone

"You have no proof" she smirked, "If you have proof, you would arrest me already."

"We already arrest your husband," Krystal answered

"If he really did what you said he did, then I wish he would rot in hell," the aunt got bold, realizing that the police don't have enough evidence to make an arrest "I'm going back to my family and I'm suing you for defamation" 

 

Krystal closed her eyes, her brain processing everything she heard and saw.

"Stop!" she said

Amber and Haebin instinctively blocked the aunt's way as they heard Krystal's words.

"The pen" Krystal half-whispered "That's why she didn't scream. You put her into a hypoglycemic state. You used your insulin on her."

"Absurd" the aunt's voice trembled

"You said it was empty. Why would you bring your empty pen to the mall with you?"

"I don't have to listen to this bull" she pushed Haebin away in her attempt to leave the room.

Amber stretched her arms to stop her from leaving the room  "The team leader still have something to say" Amber said to her

"I bet if we check the needle, we would find Seowoo's DNA on it. Tell me where you hide her! If you cooperate, I'll tell the prosecutor that you help." Krystal knows if she did use the insulin on Seowoo, the longer they waited, the brain damage from the hypoglycemia might be irreversible.

 

Krystal felt the aunt wouldn't break so she changed her strategy. 

"Please, I beg you," Krystal said to the aunt "She is just a little girl, she didn't do anything wrong. Please, tell me where you take her"

There was no answer at first, but then the aunt turned around to face Krystal and said "Nothing wrong? She ruined my family! She seduced my husband!  She deserves to die!"

Krystal shook her head in disbelieve, after fighting the urge to hit the woman, she called another two officers to arrest the aunt and to confiscate her purse. Krystal sprinted to the place where the officers kept the uncle. 

"Tell me about your wife! I need to know everything about her" Krystal said.

"My-my wife? Why? Wait, does it have to do with Seowoo? Did she do this?"

"Think! And think fast!" Krystal insisted

"It can't be. She can't have anything to do with this. Can't be" the man muttered under his breath

Krystal slammed the desk "She hates you! She hates what you do to Seowoo but too scared to hate you and instead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter