Case 9

Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think she'll say yes," Kyuhyun said.

"Nope," Donghae shook his head, "Bet you $20 on it." he took out his wallet and gave the money to Mina, "You play bank."

"I'm with Kyuhyun on this," Heechul also gave Mina $20. 

"Seniors..." Hyeyeon interrupted.

"Don't spoil the game, kid," Kyuhyun handed Mina his twenty bucks, looked at Shindong and Siwon, "You guys in?"

"The girl is pretty, so Amber must be stupid is she turned her down," Siwon took out $20 from his pants pocket, "But I know  that she is stupid, so it's a 'no.'"

Siwon grinned as he gave the money to his cadet.

"Shindong?" Siwon asked

"I would rather buy ramyeon with my $20," he pouted.

"Aw, you no fun," Siwon put him in a headlock.

"Okay, okay. I think Amber will say yes. The girl is beautiful. She can't be that dense." Shindong half-heartedly gave Mina the money.

 

Everyone jumped as they heard a voice from behind, "What are you guys doing? Why are you blocking the door?"

"Team leader," the cadets bowed to her. Mina nervously put the money in her pocket.

The seniors grinned to Krystal. 

"Hormones," Siwon pointed to Amber. In front of her is a girl with a wrapped box in her hands.  

"Who's that?" Krystal asked.

"Ryujin from traffic," Kyuhyun said, "She's going to confess to Amber:"

"And you are here to spy on them?" Krystal rolled her eyes.

"Of course!" Heechul said as if it was a reasonable thing to do.

"Seriously, Oppa!" Krystal groaned.

 

"Soojung," Heechul looked at his team leader, "You in? $20. Give the money to the kid," He pointed at Mina.

The cadet blushed, "It's not like that, Team Leader. Senior Cho made me."

Krystal slapped Kyuyhun's arm, "Leave the girls out of this."

"Ow, ow, Soojung. Stop hitting me. Look! Look!" Kyuhyun pointed to the girl who stretched out her arm, giving the gift to Amber.

Everyone holds their breath, waiting for Amber's reaction. Siwon and Donghae roared as Amber slowly shook her head while Kyuhyun, Shindong, and Heechul groaned in disappointment.  

"TOLD YA!" Donghae pumped his fist in the air, "Now gimme the money."

He counted the bills and gave Siwon $40 back; the latter protested, "Hey! It's $50! Give me $10 more."

Donghae and Siwon were fighting for the money, didn't realize that Amber stood next to them.

"Having fun, Hyung?" Amber squinted her eyes at her seniors.

"Hey, Amber" Donghae gave Siwon his $10 before he smiled guiltily to Amber, "Not your type, eh? She was pretty, though."

"Mmm," Amber squinted even more. Donghae laughed nervously and said, "You know what, why don't we all go grab some ice cream. Ice cream sounds good, right?" 

 

On their way to the convenience store, Amber stole a glimpse at Krystal. Amber knew it was impossible, but she was still hoping that Krystal might get jealous. Even if it's just the faintest clue, it will make her very happy. But no, she seemed to be not affected by the confession.

They were sitting in front of the convenience store, happily slurping their ice cream as a cell phone rang. Everyone instinctively checked their phones, but it was Krystal's.

"Jung," she said on the phone.

Everyone except Amber groaned silently, they were hoping for a case-free day.  Amber never mind a case, because it means she gets to see Krystal more. 

"Where to now, Team leader?" Hyeyeon pouted; her ice melted on her hand.

Krystal smiled, "Don't worry. Not a case. The prosecutor wants to meet me at the court. Thank you for the ice. See you tomorrow."

"Hey, Soojung, should I accompany you?" Siwon asked.

"No, Oppa. I'm fine. See you tomorrow." Krystal waved them goodbye.

 

The team watched her climbed inside a cab.

"If she were not pretty, they would just ask the question on the phone," Heechul said in a disgusted tone, "Those erts."

"Soojung can handle them," Siwon said, finishing his ice.

"I know she can," Heechul answered, "But still I hate the look they looked at her, make me want to throw chopsticks to their eyeballs."

"Ah, our Soojung will gauge their eyes with ice cream scoop anyway if she felt they are disrespectful," Kyuhyun said.

"True dat," Donghae said, "My ear is still ringing each time I remember her slap."

The cadets turned their heads to their senior, "What? Team leader slapped you?! Why?!"

Donghae grinned and rubbed his neck, "It was a long time ago, and it was my fault anyway."

"He tried to kiss her," Shindong whispered to the girls.

"WHAT?!" the girls jumped. Even Amber, who mostly doesn't react to things, jumped in surprise.

"I was young," Donghae defended himself, "Besides, I was not the only one trying." He eyed his teammates.

The other seniors cleared their throat, obviously nervous about the subject.

"Ehem, why don't we just go home," Siwon suggested 

"Sunbaenim!" Hyeyeon stomped her foot, "Don't think you can run away without an explanation."

"Aish, what do you want us to explain?" Siwon tried to dodge answering.

"Did you guys seriously try to hit on team leader?" Mina asked with bulge eyes.

Siwon sighed, "Fine, yes, we did. But it was a long time ago. We just joined the team. Every one of us confessed and asked her out. She said no. Donghae and Kyuhyun were more impulsive and learned their les

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter