Case 4

Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal stood next to Amber's bed, watching her steady breathing. She still hasn't woken up. The doctors didn't find anything wrong with her. They performed a full-body scan on her, other than the apparent bruises and some cuts, she doesn't even break one bone. Krystal watched her young cadet sleeps peacefully, snoring occasionally. She already called Siwon and told them not to worry about Amber. Siwon shouted on the phone, reminding her on the phone not to discharge herself, which she, of course, ignored. A broken cheekbone and rib series fracture is no reason for her to spend the night at the hospital. She groaned as she put on her blazer. After that, she patted Amber's head and whispered, "Wake up soon, kiddo" before she left the ward.

 

She called a cab to get back to her apartment, threw her purse and a paper bag on the sofa, and slowly heading into the shower. She found out that taking off clothes is as painful as putting them on. She looked at herself in the mirror. The bruise on her face was terrible, but it was nothing compared to the injury on her side. Krystal climbed in the shower, gritted her teeth as the warm water hit the skin on her abdomen. Even that it hurt, she found the water was relaxing. Remembering what the doctor said, she went to the living room after the shower. The took the bag from the living room and brought it to the bathroom, took out a tube, and a bandage.

She groaned in frustration because it was impossible to do it alone. The doctors were already unhappy that she discharged herself; they made Krystal promised to apply the gel and change the bandage every day. She tried once more, but it was impossible to do, she threw the stuff back in the paper bag and decided to think of a way to do it tomorrow.

 

The painkillers helped her fell asleep that night. It was already 7 o'clock as she opened her eyes, she has little pain on her face, a bit headache but her side is killing her. She should've listened to the doctors because she noticed that the bruising just got a lot bigger than yesterday. She texted Siwon, telling him that she is going to stop by at the hospital to see how Amber is doing before she comes to the headquarter.

She knew that he was going to be angry that she didn't stay in the hospital. His reply was full of angry emojis. About half an hour later, she arrived at the hospital. She went direct to Amber's room and found her still peacefully asleep. The nurse in charge told her that there is nothing new. Amber never woke up since she was admitted. They took another bloodwork and sent her to MRI, still no clue why she was still asleep.

Krystal watched Amber's sleep for a while. It didn't seem like she was in pain. Krystal didn't stay long and made her way to the headquarter. Her seniors scolded her for not taking a rest. Even superintendent Kang insisted for her to stay at home for a couple of days. They did catch the guy that got away, the one Krystal was initially chasing as she went to the parking lot. It was a quiet day. She decided to start working on the paperwork. 

 

"Team leader," Heechul said

Krystal lifted her head "Yes, Sunbaenim?"

"Time to go home," he said to her.

Her team was already packing, the cadets bowed and left. Krystal looked at her watch before she said to Heechul, "You go, I just need to finish this. It won't take long."

"Soojung-ah," Heechul raised his tone.

Krystal smiled as he called her 'Soojung' instead of 'team leader,' which means that he is annoyed. The rest of the team came nearer.

"Oppa," Krystal answered, "I promised I'm going to go home after this. Pinky promised,"  She ended her sentence with a smile.

The boys sighed "You should seriously take better care of yourself, you know;" Siwon said

"I know, Oppa. Don't worry."

"Eat something healthy and delicious," Shindong added.

"Yes, Oppa"

"Don't forget enough sleep, milk help if you can't fall asleep," Donghae peeped.

"I will," Krystal answered, "I'm doing all these things you are telling me. Don't worry. Now you guys go home."

"You promised to go home soon?" Siwon asked

"Promised," she said while pushing them away. She called "Sunbaenim, any of you going to the hospital to see Cadet Liu?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter