Case 3

Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"YAAAH! You bastard, stop!" Shindong's voice echoed across the streets as he took a quick stop to fill his lungs with air

"You gonna lose them," Heechul smacked Shindong's head as he ran past him.

"KIM HEE CHUL! I'm going to kill you first and then those stupid gangsters! YOU FIRST!" Shindong sprinted to catch up with the guy he was chasing "Seriously though, where do these gangsters have their stamina?"

"Senior! Over here!" Mina shouted and waved to Shindong, "He went left to that alley."

"Good girl," Shindong patted Mina on her head. "Let's go. We are going to catch that son of a . And don't forget to stay behind me."

"It's a bit too late for that, isn't it? If I stay behind you the whole time, we would already lose the guy."

"Hey, hey, It has been like what? 2 months? 2 months and you are already mocking your senior?!" Shindong protested

"Just save your breath for the running, Senior!" Mina giggled 

 

On the other side of the alley, Heechul and Haebin already caught their guy. Heechul told Haebin to cuff him, and they high-fived as she was finished.

"Nice!" Heechul said to his cadet.

"This is fun," Haebin screeched from excitement.

"Let's cuff him inside the van and go help the others" Heechul suggested

"On it," the girl answered.

 

The last two months were the most amazing and exciting days for the cadets. The team never left them out on every case, every decision making, every team meeting. Team leader Jung mentored them personally. They discuss at least one cold case once a week while the rest of the team teach them how to work on the field. How to interrogate, how to go through the evidence, how to correctly arrest a suspect, how to appropriately fill in paper works.

Their active case involves two notorious gangsters in Seoul. They are working together with organized crime division to catch the member of the gangs who were involved in a fight with another gang member, killing 11 people and injured another 7. 

"Stop! Police°" Kyuhyun, Donghae, Amber, Hyeyeon and Krystal were still chasing a few gang members.

"Split up!" Krystal ordered and went after the skinny older guy, "Cadets, stay with your mentor," she shouted before disappearing on the corner.

Hyeyeon followed Kyuhyun chasing the tall bald guy to the left alley. Amber was supposed to stay with Donghae, but she was more worried about Krystal, who disappeared on some small lane.

"Hyung!" she said to Donghae, her eyes looking for permission to go after Krystal. Donghae nodded and said, "Go help team leader." 

"You be careful, Hyung!" Amber shouted and sprinted to the direction where she last saw team leader. She was glad to see a glimpse of her entering a parking lot. Her heart raced as she saw another man went inside the parking lot after Krystal.

"No, no, no," she added her speed, but Krystal was still too far away. The man must be another member of the gang. Even from that distance, Amber knew that he was huge. No matter how good their team leader is, she is no match for two guys. 

 

Amber could hear the sound of people talking, but she was still too far away to understand the words. She hoped and wished that the men won't start attacking Krystal, but a loud thudding sound followed by a grunt made her heart sunk to the ground. Another loud groan followed. Amber sped up again, no matter how fast she ran, it felt like thousands of miles. The first thing she saw was the huge man's shoe met Krystal's gut; the impact threw her against the wall. She curled into a fetal position, trying to minimize the damage. The man kneeled and wrapped his hand around her small throat. Krystal gasped for air as he lifted her against the wall, his palm blocking the air to her lungs slammed her to the concrete ground before he stomped her on her side. 

The fear and the rage seeing Krystal lay motionless on the ground brought Amber in overdrive. She lunged the huge man, kicked him on the back of his knee, making him fell to the ground. Amber knew that she doesn't have much time until the giant gets back on his feet. She hurried to check on Krystal. 

"Team leader!" Amber's hand trembled as she gently placed it on Krystal's cheek, "Wake up!"

There is a massive bruise on the left side of her face. Amber was glad as Krystal opened her eyes. Her left eye was bloodshot red.

"Cadet Liu," Amber barely hears her "Where's Senior Lee?"

"I'll explain later," Amber noticed that the huge man almost got back on his feet, and it's better to attack him now before he recovers. She threw some punches and kicks, but the guy deflected them easily. Amber blocked his hook but not without damage. Her forearm felt like breaking into pieces as it made contact with his fist. Krystal tried to get up, but the pain on her side wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter