Pilot

Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sigh*

"Yah!" a newspaper roll flew in the air and landed at Shindong's head "Would you stop it? I have enough of your sighing," Kyuhyun shouted from across the room. "You are worst than my little sister as she found out that Exo boy was dating."

Shindong sighed again and whined "I'm so hungry"

Another newspaper ball landed on his head. Shindong glowered at Heechul who grinned at him "But, Oppa" Heechul showed her girly aegyo "You look so good after you lost so much weight"

"Right now, I just miss ramyeon so much" Shindong ignored Heechul's cute aegyo and  started to bawl

"Your own fault to sign up with that vile weight loss company" Kyuhyun rolled his eyes

At that moment, Siwon came with a bowl of ramyeon on his hands, happily placed it on his desk until he felt a sharpened gaze on his side. "What?" he said to Shindong, who literally drooling at the smell. Siwon noticed Shindong eyeing his bowl and he hid it under his arm "Not in a million years" he said to Shindong "Besides you are on a diet!"

"Screw diet!" Shindong launched himself to Siwon, while the latter tried to block him with his legs, protecting his ramyeon bowl. The others rushed to Siwon's desk and it didn't take 5 seconds until it was complete chaos on their workplace. Kyuhyun was the first who noticed the sound of boots across the room and he shouted to his colleagues "Jung alert!!" 

The boys all scrambled to get back to their desks. Shindong used the opportunity to gorge Siwon's ramyeon in one gulp, earning a death glare from Siwon. Everyone was busy tidying their clothes as the footsteps neared. As the woman reached the team, everyone shouted in unison "Good morning, team leader Jung!" The woman nodded a little and walked across the desks. The boys took deep breaths to inhale the strawberry scent of her shampoo and took another deep breath as she took off her black blazer to smell the faint Jo-Malone perfume. 

 

"Let's go over the cabin in the wood case again," she said in a soft but firm voice "Detective Kim, anything new on the last person the wife met?"

Kim Heechul shook his head "I have an image from the truck dash park on the corner but I'm still not able to identify him"

"Probability of getting another cam for another angle?" Jung Soojung flipped the case file in front of her

"Working on it"

"Ok," she nodded and turned her head to Siwon "Detective Choi, new lead on the blood trail?"

 

Kim Heechul looked at their team leader as she repeatedly tapped her ballpoint on the desk while listening to Siwon. He could swear he could hear how her brain processed the information. Krystal Jung Soojung, the youngest team leader in the violent crime division. She was always exceptional, her looks, her works, but she was always untouchable. And so she earned the title 'Ice Princess'.

Their team never got simple homicide cases. A simple stabbing case? Hah! They haven't had that in years. He couldn't even remember when the last time they even had a corpse that can be simply identified through fingerprint or ID inside the wallet.  No, no, their team is destined for a  badly decomposed corpse or a water corpse or body parts or cases so complicated that give you grey hairs while working on it. 

They were discussing the next steps to clear the case. It was not an active murder investigation, they were doing a favor for Gangwon district. A cold case from eight years ago. After the team reported their findings, Krystal summarized it all and assigned them the next tasks. Even though she is much younger than the rest of the team, they respect her as a team leader. After spending the last five years as a team, they know what she is capable of. She is not the kind of team leader who just sat behind the desk and gives orders. Krystal always goes into the field and conducts investigations like the rest of the team. She runs after suspects, gets beaten, gets shot at, losing sleep as much as the other members on cases. 

 

Everyone turned their heads to the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter