Doctor!Baekhyun; fluff

Saltbaek's Drabbles Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let me check your heart rate.”

“It’s…. faster than average….”

 

You have been feeling horrible since the moment you woke up this morning. Your head is throbbing, nose running like tap water accompanied with occasional sneezes. Not to mention, your throat feels like sandpaper rubbing against each other. You called in sick, deciding to take a nap after downing the medication. Maybe you just need to rest. Maybe you can bail out of going to the doctor, it’s not really that bad.

That’s what you think, until you’re jolted awake by a round of coughing fit at the evening, the migraine is gone but somehow you’re feeling way worse than before.

“.” you groaned, rubbing your face tiredly. You definitely have to go to the doctor at this point if you want to get any better. Finally finding the energy, you trudged to the toilet to wash up and change into appropriate clothing before grabbing your car keys and driving to the nearest clinic. Conveniently, it is just two streets away from the café you work in and you pretty much know most of the staffs there since they do frequent the café every other day. It is a great yet funny feeling to see their eyes light up the moment they see you working your shift because they deemed that “you make the best coffee” despite not being someone who actually drinks it.

What you’re secretly praying for though, is not to bump into that young and hot medical intern at the clinic later. Apparently, he just started his internship two months ago and for some reasons, most if not all the time, he catches you on your shift the second week onwards. The first time he made an appearance though, you almost laughed at how the female population in the café gawked at him, bringing a sudden fall in noise as they hushed their conversations into murmurs and whispers. The keyword is ‘almost’ because you really would have laughed if the little organ in your chest is not palpitating itself with the approaching man looking so delicious. Usually, he visits with his uniform and coat still on, just getting a coffee or something to recharge his energy before rushing back. But now and then, he visits with messy hair on top of casual tee and jeans during the weekends and that just makes your heart pound harder.

You pushed the door to the clinic open, scanning around for that face that you wish you don’t see as you head to the receptionist. There’s not much people here save for that crying child with his mother and another elderly man.

“Please take a seat, miss, Dr. Byun will see you soon.” the lady smiled as she gave you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter