Mating Rituals

신곡 | Divina Commedia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Photograph: Kang Daesung. Head of Kwon Jiyong's Personal Security Detail. Member of Logistics Department. Affliation's fond of his cooking skills.

Mating Rituals

Jiyong follows an old advice - a way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

 

Seunghyun was just finishing up sorting through another stack of Lisa’s disorganized assortment of ‘important’ (as Jisoo has painfully reminded her friend) procurement documents, when Lisa popped behind him,  handling another stack of paperwork.

“You’re godsend, panda-chan,” she said, uttering the nickname that he was apparently now stacked with.

Jisoo sent him over an embarrassed and pleading smile (please don’t kill my friend. I know she’s a problem kind).

Seunghyun sighed and merely accepted the paperwork with a smile. “I’ve been told” (but you repeatedly when you’re asking for something – words that are left unsaid).

Lisa merely flashed him another kind smile before dragging Jisoo out the door. “Come on! Jennie promised that she’ll pay!”

Jisoo yelped when Lisa’s strength managed to pull her out of her seat and drag her halfway across the room. She managed to stop though, to ask Seunghyun,  “You want anything?” (As a payment for tolerating her friend)

Seunghyun  shook his head, “Nope. Thank you,” he replied politely.

Jisoo  frowned, “We’ll still get you something.” She said with a wink before being dragged again by Lisa.

“Hurry! Hurry!” Lisa said before opening the door and not letting even Jisoo a goodbye.

Seunghyun merely laughed at their childlike display. Lisa truly didn’t feel like she grew up from being a teenager.

He turned back from them and continued with his managing of paperwork. He still have at  least ten minutes before his official break time started. He could probably finish this in twenty minutes, but it’s okay  -- he always bring his lunch anyway (of course, now prepared by Glory after he came back), and he could just eat it in his desk while watching some puppy clips in YouTube (thank God for fast internet connection in the office).

 

After twenty minutes, found Seunghyun in his desk quietly enjoying his packed lunch and watching some Golden Retriever puppy videos when the door opened and out popped his boss’s head. “Seunghyun-sshi?” he asked, seemingly embarrassed of disturbing him (which is ridiculous because he’s the boss and Seunghyun is just his employee)

Seunghyun stopped eating. He looked up and asked, “Yes, sir?”

Jiyong coughed and he walked in—then stumbled when another person pushed him inside.

“Hi!” the person greeted with a big grin. “I’m Daesung, part of the security detail. But never mind that, do you want to eat lunch with us?”

Jiyong glared at him from where he now stood.

Daesung ignored him, though, his eyes focused entirely on Seungri—Seunghyun, actually.

Seunghyun frowned and looked at his packed lunch, “No, thank you,” he gave a small smile. “I already had mine.”

Daesung’s eyes widened and he looked panicked as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter