The Calm Before The Storm

신곡 | Divina Commedia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Calm Before The Storm

A phone call between the doctor and his new boss.

 

 

Sunghoon was watching over his patient’s vitals when his phone rang.

“Hello?” he drawled on, casually.

“How is he?” Hanbin, it seems, wasn’t in one of his playing moods.

Sunghoon looked over at his patient, eyes closed, breathing even. After Seungri woke up, he was immediately placed on another morphine-induced sleep. The immediate reaction was expected (Sunghoon was never one who glossed over minor details), so already had a liquid drip ready for use. “He woke up.”

Hanbin paused for a second. There was the sound of air being puffed out. Sunghoon guessed that Hanbin was smoking. “Did he remember?”

Sunghoon rolled his eyes. What does this guy take him for? An amateur scientist? “Of course.”

Hanbin’s voice was dripped with sarcasm, “Did he remember?” he asked again, giving emphasize on what he was truly asking for.

Sunghoon took a deep breathe. “The dosage I gave him would ensure that he doesn’t.” That of which he was referring to, is the possibility that Seungri may point out their individual names, especially Sunghoon’s. After all, Sunghoon took him captive for almost a month for his experimentation. Aside from that, from reasons unknown even to him, Hanbin specifically asked that the members of Winner should also be excluded from the recall, to make the memories so repressed that Seungri would never have an immediate reaction and/or reflex when faced with any of the member, especially Minho.

AH. That kid. Always making trouble. Minho shouldn’t have engaged with Seungri when he kidnapped him. It would make the memories more powerful, since that kid was also the one who attempted to Seungri (according to the data that Hanbin handed him after their meeting). Sunghoon looked over at Seungri.

“Just as extra precaution, make sure the kid wouldn’t see nor hear even Minho’s name.” Sunghoon was proud of his work, but still, there’s a limit to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter