Judgment Comes From Within

신곡 | Divina Commedia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Judgment Comes From Within

Heechul and Kyunghoon became accessories to a well-decorated crime.

 

It was one of those nights, when neither one of them could sleep.

Heechul had his head resting above his crossed arms over the table, while Kyunghoon was sipping slowly on his cup of sugary tea.

“Argh, my head hurts,” Heechul complained over his muffled arms.

“Who’s the idiot that stayed up the whole day playing games?” Kyunghoon brashly answered from his seat.

Heechul groaned before looking up to throw a stinky eye at his lover. Kyunghoon merely shrugged, undisturbed.

They were once a part of the Mafia community, feared and anonymous – that is until Hanbin freaking knocked on their door, in his mouth a threat, a deal that neither could refuse. They were looking for ways to ‘retire’ or disappear completely from their leader’s radar (which is close to impossible when taken into account that they were hired hitmen). So it was both a godsend and a curse when B.I. presented them with a deal – an exchange for a favor.

 

Suddenly, Heechul’s phone began to ring. Both immediately went rigid, years of training pumping in their veins. Heechul took his phone from where it rested on the table top—

It was from an unknown number.

They exchanged looks, having already guessed who it might be.

“Hello?” Heechul placed the phone in speaker.

“Mr. Heechul?” The voice sounded familiar – but it wasn’t the one that they are expecting.

“Who is this?” Kyunghoon was already standing up, reading his weapons, eyeing the door and the windows, waiting for a break-in.

“I’m delivering a message from your contact—”

Then suddenly it clicked. The soft, almost childish voice—

They’re speaking with Jinhwan.

“—there w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter