Twenty

GANGSTER MAID
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Later at night, Dara was sitting in the living room while her eyes trained to the tent, outside in the garden where she had tucked in both Jadoo and Eunsung. She can still hear the talking voices of both kids while their flashlights was still on. When she looked to her wrist watch, she allowed it since it was still quarter to seven in the evening.

Because she was too focus to the kids that didn't notice Jiyong joining her in the living room.

"For a moment there, you're like a hawk eyeing them in precision." Jiyong commented which made Dara snapped her attention to her right side.

"Hi, babe. Thought you're already in bed." she said and stood up to meet him. She then pushed his wheelchair near the couch and guided him into a seat.

Jiyong saw two sets of pillow in the couch and a blanket.

"Are you sleeping here?"he asked. Dara chose to ease him first into a seat before answering.

"Yup. Gonna watch those two cuties." She grinned to him before she sat beside him and turned her attention to the tent. 

Jiyong stared at the side of her face again before looking outside too. For the first time, he was thankful to have huge garden and a living room with glass walls.

"You seem different around kids." he stated.

Dara glanced at him in confusion. "Hmm?"

"You're...well behaved."

"Oh..."Dara smiled at that. "Kids are actually the society's assets. And it's the adults duty to guide them properly. I may tease you, darling but I don't play around the young ones. Especially these cuties."

"Feel like I met modern day Mary Poppins." he remarked.

"Mary Poppins?" she asked.

"What? You didn't know that movie?"

"Oh. A movie. I really don't watch movies that much."

"Unacceptable. You gotta watch that classic film." he said.

"Do you have it in your playlist?" she asked.

"I think so. If not, we'll just rent online." he said. "Can you find the tv remote?"

Dara nodded and went towards the TV stand to search for it. When she found it, she the flat television located just to their left side. She came back to the couch and gave him the remote. Jiyong was the one to look over the playlist of movies on the monitor while Dara glanced at the tent again when the flashlight was turned off from the inside. She thought they might be sleeping right now.

"There it is." he said while hitting the play button.

Dara better positioned Jiyong comfortably before she did so to herself. The movie started with an introduction and Dara smiled unknowingly since she felt like having a date to a boyfriend right now. Of course, it would be cool to have Jiyong as her boyfriend. By mere thought, she made an inner giggles for being giddy.

Every once in a while, Dara would asked him about the movie and then he would answer her before the silence between them would only be filled with the movie. 

They were half way on Mary Poppins when Dara's attention readily snapped towards the tent when the flashlight was from the inside. Jiyong always notice how her attention was thoroughly dominated towards the kids that he paused the movie for a moment and stared at the tent this time too.

"What is it?" he asked when she was wordless while she kept on staring at he tent.

Dara turned to Jiyong briefly with a small smile this time before she stood up from the couch. She made sure Jiyong was comfortable first in the couch then excusing herself to see the kids.

"I'll be back." she said while he just nodded to her.

Jiyong saw Dara opened the glass door towards the private garden and went to the tent. His lips drawn into a smile when she bent down into the tent's entrance and inquired something. Even though there was a glass barriers between them, he still heard her words to the kids although it was a little muffled.

"You want to go in comfort room?" Dara asked while the little girl replied in sleepy voice.

Jadoo had got out the tent while rubbing her sleepy eyes this time. Eunsung was the one holding the flashlight for them.

"It's cold out here, huh?" Dara asked in different tone of voice. As if talking to a baby. 

Jiyong was amazed at how he liked to hear her baby talking to those kids right now.

They walked back towards his house again with Dara carrying Jadoo on her arms. Eunsung was a gentleman while he guided them inside. When they got inside, Dara looked at Jiyong briefly.

"I need to bring her in the comfort. Will you be alright here? I'll come back to you in a moment." Dara asked while Jiyong just nodded in agreement.

"I'll wait here, onichan." Eunsung offered.

"Oh. That would be good. Thanks Eungie-ah." she ruffled his hair with her other hand this time before bringing Jadoo to the comfort room.

Eusung walked towards the couch and sat with Jiyong this time. The kid placed the flashlight in the glass table before looking up to Jiyong.

"Can I ask you something, hyung?" the kid started.

"Yeah sure." 

"Are you onichan's boyfriend?" 

Jiyong knew kids asked the silliest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter