Chapter 10

The Pleiades

It is now in early June, and it has been two weeks since Eunji started living with Naeun. Naeun thinks she is lucky enough to stay in the same house with her crush. But that crush of hers is too dumb to know that she likes her a  lot.

Staying together with her, Naeun knows more about Eunji. She gets up exactly at 6AM. She will do some exercises in her room before she goes down to downstairs at 7AM. She will takes the coffee that Naeun has made for her and she will leaves the shop at 7:10AM to get to her hospital at 7:30AM.

On her duty days, she will stay over night at the hospital. And she will come back the next morning with no left of her energy. She will go straightly to her room and sleep the half of the day until Naeun knocks on the door and asks her to eat dinner.

This is a normal routine of Jung Eunji and Naeun feels pity for the doctor's life. She is glad that she doesn't choose to become a medical student though her parents made her choosing Law or Medicine. She chose nothing. Haha.

But since three days ago, Eunji started changing. She was always busy even after her duty. She came back home late. She went to work early. She even took food to her work to eat. For her patient, Bae Irene.

Naeun frowns with the thought of Bae Irene. She knows that everyone will love Irene and everyone will be excited and happy to see Irene in person but Eunji is too much.

She is always grinning like a fool and always talks about Irene when she comes back. She even sings song happily while she is reading or studying. And Naeun finds it annoying as well as angry for her behaviour.

Naeun doesn't speak Eunji for two days already. She tries to show her jealousy with silence but Eunji doesn't even notice her. Naeun feels stupid for her one sided jealous story and so she keeps ignoring Eunji.

She is now in her shop, cleaning the cups with a towel while watching over her shop. She keeps checking the watch which shows 5PM. Oh, Eunji will come back soon. May be she should try talking to her?

At that time, the door is opened and someone comes inside. Joy runs to her and bows, greeting and asking what she wants.

The customer sits on the corner table and she takes off her sunglasses, causing Joy to drop the notepad in her hand to the floor in surprise.

" OMG! You are Bae Irene!!! "

" Thank you. But please lower your voice. People will notice."

" Oop. Sorry."

Bae Irene clears and she crosses her legs and arms, before she orders 'one latte please'. Joy is giggling and she excitingly jogs towards her two friends. And then Naeun hears squeez from them and she rolls her eyes.

" Unnie! Unnie!! Bae Irene is here!!! "

Hayoung runs towards her and she whispers. Naeun tries to straighten her face and she arches her eyebrows.

" So what? "

" Unnie, it's Bae Irene we are talking about."

" I don't care so just take her order and go away."

Naeun shuts her out and Hayoung runs back to her friends while pouting. They are definitely whispering about Naeun and complaining how means she is. But they really don't understand Naeun. She is just jealous.

" Are you Son Naeun-sshi? "

Naeun is surprised when Irene just walks towards her and asks. is opened in surprise but she clears and pretends like she doesn't care.

" Yes. I am."

" Do you know when Eunji will come back. I tried to call her but she didn't pick up her phone."

" She was on day duty. She will be back to 5:30PM."

Naeun coldly answers and she pretends like she is busy with the paper works. Irene rolls her eyes at the unfriendly Naeun and she walks back to her seat, waiting for her drink and Eunji.

" I'm back!!!!!!! "

Naeun is praying hard that Eunji will be busy and late but the God doesn't answer her. Eunji enters the shop at 5:40PM and she is unaware of the tension in the shop. Yerin runs to her and whispers something, making Eunji to jump in excitement.

" Where, where, where? "

" Over there."

Naeun secretly watches Eunji makes her way to Irene who is now standing up to greet the shorter girl. What kind of doctor-patient relationship is this? Is it even ethical to have affair with her patient, Jung Eunji-sshi?

But they are now sitting and chatting happily. Eunji even covers her face in blushing while Irene keeps taking glances at Naeun. What the-

Is she trying to show me that Eunji is hers? Is she sending signals to me? Naeun thinks and her mind becomes cloudy more.

They chatted for about 30 minutes and Irene leaves. She even gives a challenging smirk at Naeun who is staring at her before she goes. Naeun wants to jump into her and hit her face hard for that but she can't do it. She needs to respect Eunji no matter what.

" Hehe. Naeunnie, Irene is on my treat."

" Whatever."

Naeun replies coldly making Eunji confused. Did I do something wrong? She thinks but she doesn't know why the girl is acting this way so she just flashes her infamous eyesmile, hoping that it can make Naeun's heart melts.

Naeun is trying her best not to be fallen into Eunji's trap easily and she just ignores the doctor girl. Eunji frowns as she fails and she just pays for the coffee that Irene had. 

The whole evening, they do not talk anymore. Naeun is staying in the shop and Eunji is locking herself up in her room. Naeun is secretly hoping that Eunji will explain her about Irene. May be she was wrong all the time. Irene is just an idol who Eunji likes the most.

But her prayer turns into silly hope as Eunji doesn't totally care about her. Naeun is feeling down and she walks up to the roof garden of her shop-house after she has closed the shop.

She sits on the bench which is put in the middle of the orchids, enjoying the beauty of the nature decorated with florals. It will be perfect if there were Eunji here. She was thinking about taking Eunji to this garden one day. But all her dreams have been ruined, thanks to Bae Irene.

" Naeunnie."

She is nearly to jump when she hears a voice behind her. She turns around and sees Jung Eunji standing at the door to the roof garden with a cup of coffee in her hand. When she looks at her, Eunji gives her a wide smile as she walks slowly towards Naeun.

She stands in front and shyly gives the coffee she has made.

" Here. I don't know how to make a good coffee but I want to make one for you."

Naeun said nothing but she takes the coffee cup and holds it with both of her hands. Eunji looks around and she finds that Naeun has successfully made a real garden for her own.

" Naeunnie, this place is so beautiful. I love it very much."

But you love Irene more. Naeun said in her mind. Eunji suddenly sees that a Frangipani flower is dropped on the floor. She smiles and leans over to pick it up. The flower is still beautiful. It seems it has just fallen from the plant.

Eunji looks at Naeun who is still staring at the coffee cup in her hand. The younger girl still doesn't look at her. Eunji slowly walks closer to Naeun and tucks her hair on the right side behind her ear.

Naeun is surprised to the sudden touch. Eunji just smiles at her and she carefully puts the flower on Naeun's ear, making the younger girl turning red in blushing.

" You are so beautiful."

Eunji whispers. Naeun bites her lip and she lowers her head again to avoid Eunji's gaze.

" The kids told me that you are angry with me but they didn't tell the reason. I don't know what I did wrong but I'm really sorry, Naeunnie. Please don't ignore me. Ok? "

Huh? Jung Eunji, are you that dumb or are you trying to play with me? But Eunji seems she is sincere with her words. And Naeun finally dares herself to answer.

" I'm not mad at you."

I am jealous, Pabo-ah. But Eunji seems to be confused.

" Really? I think you are mad at me. Hehehe. That's good if yoy are not. But please talk to me like always. I don't know what to do if you keep ignoring me."

Eunji is now scratching her head in a nervous way. Naeun can't hold herself anymore. She laughs together with Eunji and the doctor seems she is happy again. Her eyes become lit up and she sits beside Naeun.

They talk about random things till mkdnight, watching every stars in the sky. Naeun is totally forgetting about Irene and she is talking Eunji like always.

Finally, Eunji becomes quiet and when Naeun takes a good peek, she saw the cute girl is sleeping. is opend a little and she even looks like a kid.

Naeun laughs silently and she pulls herself closer to Eunji, letting her to rest her head on her shoulder. Eunji seems she likes this comfort very much. She moves closer to Naeun and continues her sound sleep.

Aww, Eunji-ah. Please don't make me sad. Naeun wishes upon her star. And only her diary knows about the secret of the flower that Eunji gave her on that night.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                         xxx

 

 

 

 

" Eunji-ah, your girl is really scary."

Irene whispers while she takes a glance at Naeun who is staring blankly at their direction.

" Really? Why? I think she is so nice to me that she is regarded as my angel."

" Too chessy. But thanks. I have had enough sweetness today."

Irene said and Eunji covers her face in blushing. Irene knows that Naeun girl doesn't like her. May be she is misunderstanding about Eunji and me. Haha. This will be fun to continue teasing the girls.

Irene decides to play along more with the situation. Poor Eunji and Naeun do not aware of her move and Irene even sends a challenging smirk at Naeun before she goes out from the shop. She tries her best not to laugh while seeing Naeun's face turns black. This is really fun. But seriously, Eunji is too lucky. Naeun seems she likes our Eunji a lot.

* Phone ringing *

Irene picks up her airpod and answers the call. It is from her manager.

" Yes, Wendy? I'm driving."

" Unnie, your birthday is coming. The Boss wants you to complete the basic dance moves lessons as soon as possible as he wants to throw a ball for your birthday."

" What? "

" And he called Seulgi and asked a favor to teach you two times a day. You have your dance class at 7PM tonight."

Irene widens her eyes and she looks at the clock which is showing 6:35PM. No way!

" You should drive to there by yourself. I'm coming with my car. And I will drop you back at night, unnie. Alright? "

" Arasso."

Irene said and she hangs up the phone. Wendy is surprised as she is expecting Irene will complaint that she doesn't want to go to dance studio. But she was 100% wrong. What's wrong with this girl?

Irene is also wondering why she is not annoying anymore to go the dance studio. Instead, she feels like she is exciting? OMG! Irene shakes her head and she puts her focus on the road. She finally reaches to the dance studio and her heartbeat becomes faster and faster.

" Unnie! You are here! "

Wendy who has been waiting for Irene shouts as she skips her way to Irene. She hands her the gym suit and Irene takes it. She then enters the changing room and change her clothes. 

When she comes out, Kang Seulgi is already at there waiting for her. She is with her hair tied on her head as usual. Her croptop shows her perfect abs and it wow Irene.

" Welcome back, Irene-sshi."

" Nae."

" Shall we start? "

Irene frowns but she nods. The choreographer starts the music and they dance the basic steps. Irene is too focus on her work and she is practising non-stop for an hour. And Seulgi decides to give her a new lesson.

" Listen. This part is difficult. You have to tip toe on your Right foot and spin your body around. Can you do it? "

" Yes."

" Ok. Let's give a try."

Irene nods and she tries to copy her teacher's step. But unfortunately to her, she falls onto the ground.

" Ahhhhh."

" Irene-sshi, are you ok? "

" Unnie!!! "

The manager and the choreographer run to her and help her to stand up again. But Irene shouts in pain and she sits down back immediately.

" Ah, your ankle is hurt."

" Let's go to hospital."

" No need. I will just take a rest. It will be fine soon."

Irene said but Wendy stands up and grabs the car key.

" I will go buy medicine if you don't want to go see a doctor."

" Ok. Buy ice-cream too!! "

Irene uses her ageyo and Wendy laughs at the silly girl before she runs outside to buy medicine. Seulgi helps Irene to sit on the seat at the corner. Irene's face is suffering with pain as she moves and Seulgi sighs. She puts the girl on the seat and goes inside the changing room.

She is a nice girl. She is not as bad as I think. Irene is thinking while trying to message her ankle. 

" Hey, don't give too much pressure."

But she is stopped by Seulgi who comes out with a water bowl and an ice bag.

" I have already prepared ice bags for injured ones. Sit still."

" What are you doing? "

" Sit still. Okay? "

Irene widens her eyes and she is about to retreat her foot while Seulgi puts the bowl in front of her and sits on the floor. Irene feels a funny feeling in her chest. Her heartbeat is racing again when the dancer slowly raise her leg.

" Tell me when you are hurt."

Seulgi gently said as she slowly removes Irene's heel and she examines her ankle carefully.

" It's swollen. But I think it is not a bad injury. We have to take a break for today. If not, your injury will be worse."

Irene doesn't understand what Seulgi is saying. She is just listening to whatever she is saying as she is enjoying to listen to the dancer's voice.

" Don't use hot stuff with ankle pains or joint pains. It will aggravate the pain. Cold therapy is better. Let me show you."

She said and she puts the ice bag on Irene's red swollen ankle. Irene bites her lip in pain but after applying ice for a few seconds, it feels better.

" How? "

" It's better."

" I've told ya."

Seulgi playfully said with her usual teasing smile and Irene is checking out the girl on the floor who is giving message to her ankle. The electricity that continues flowing into her body from Seulgi's touch is running around her body, racing her heart to beat faster, and then it finally hits her brain.

Irene's body becomes stiff, her eyes widen. She now realizes what is happening to her. She looks at the girl on the floor and Seulgi looks at her back. Their eyes meet and Irene thinks she finds some worries for her in Seulgi's eyes.

" Seulgi-ah."

She suddenly calls the younger girl, making her to be surprised. Every little detail of this person is amazing to Irene.

" Yes? "

" My name... my name is not Bae Irene."

This person. Who has been sending electricity into her body. Who has been taking care of her. This person. I think I am falling for her already. Irene can't help but smiles as she can solve her problem at the end.

" My name is Joohyun. Kwon Joohyun."

Seulgi is confused as she doesn't understand what Irene wants to say. But she smiles warmly like a gummy bear and nods.

" Nae, Joohyun unnie."

Irene smiles brighter than the sun at that time.

 

 

 

xxx                                    xxx                                             xxx

 

 

 

 

* Knock Knock Knock *

" Come in."

The door is opened and MoMo appears at the door.

" Miss, your handsome lawyer is here, waiting for you."

" Oh, I'm coming."

Mina said as she stands up quickly and takes her bag and coat. And she comes out of the office to see the short little lawyer standing in the office and chatting with Dahyun.

" Shall we go? "

" Yes."

Son Chaeyoung is as handsome as always. Although she has changed her hair color, from all black hair to some highlights on bangs, she is still with the same strawberry smile.

She is wearing a black suit which is not button up. She may be small but her boyish style is somehow attractive and mostly 'charming'. Mina stares at her and she is smiling to herself, admiring the beautiful creature beside her.

Sana and Dahyun who are following behind them aware of the secret glances of their Boss to the Lawyer girl and they are giggling with each other. But Mina is too lost in her own world to notice them.

" You seems happy. Are you getting along with your sisters? "

" Yeah. Thanks to you. We are just like teenagers. We talk a lot about everything. And it's really fun."

" Glad to know that. And congratulations. I promise I will find the others, too."

Chaeyoung said and Mina nods. They both enter Mina's car and Dahyun drives them to Paradise as today is their signing contract day of making a CF with them.

" Why I am here with you? "

Chaeyoung asks. Mina and Chaeyoung are sitting at the backseats while Sana is sitting with Dahyun at the front. Mina looks at the smaller girl and she answers.

" Cause you are our company's lawyer too."

" Ahhh, right. Sorry."

Chaeyoung said while opening in an 'O' shape. Mina finds it really cute to see Son Chaeyoung in her childish ways. After they have spent their night at Halmonie's house, Chaeyoung becomes closer to her, she believes.

They reach at the Paradise and Mina feels like somehow angry or sad. The thought of the owner of this company killed their father is killing her, too. I promise I will take down this company from the base, I swear. She is claiming herself in her mind.

Chaeyoung who notices Mina's changing mood leans closer to Mina.

" Hey, relax. You can't show your emotion to them."

She whispers into Mina's ear. The hot breathe from Chaeyoung tickles Mina and it sends chills to the spine. Mina nods and she tries to smile at the girl.

They walk into the company and the reception welcome them. And he takes them to the meeting room of the company.

" Hello, hello. Welcome to South Korea, Myoui Minari. It is an honor to meet the Japanese beauty."

" Nice to meet you, too."

Mina uses Japanese instead. Choi Minho is a handsome man, around 35. He can say funny jokes and make friends easily. But Mina does not like his eyes. They are too secretive. And they are too dark and sharp to pierce into your mind and take control over you.

The contract signing ceremony is finished well. They shake hands and ends the ceremony.

" So, what are you planning to do this weekend? "

" Nothing special."

" What about me showing you around Seoul. It will be fun."

" Ummmmm."

Mina doesn't know how to reject. Minho smiles and he tries again.

" Then what about dinner? I know the best restaurants in South Korea."

" Alright. I will."

Mina can't find any reason to reject so she finally accepts. She takes a secret glance and sees that Chaeyoung turns to other side. Is she mad? Mina smiles at her own delusion. But while Choi Minho is talking non-stop, Chaeyoung never comes near to them.

They enter the elevator as the Paradise team will send them back to the front gate. Well, there are quite a lot of people here. The share-borders and managers are here too so the elevator is a little crowded.

Mina sees that Chaeyoung is strugging at the corner as she is small. She bites her lip and thinks for a few minutes before she walks to the smaller girl.

* Ting *

The elevator door closes. The people are moving a little so they bump into each other. Mina quickly uses her body to stand between Chaeyoung and the others, so instead, the younger girl's head hits her shoulder.

" Oop."

Chaeyoung's cheeks turns pink due to the touch. She feels embarrassed as she needs some protection from this kind of situation. But Mina who is now putting her hand over Chaeyoung's shoulder to maintain her balance is enjoying her view.

Chaeyoung's pink cheeks which are so lovely to bite, her pink strawberry like lips which are now pouting in embarrassment, her mole which is the main attraction of this girl, every part of Son Chaeyoung is an Art.

" Wae? Don't look at me like this."

Chaeyoung whispers and she hits Mina with her head again in a teasing way. Mina laughs and she pads the girl's head lightly. They both laugh and feel awkward in the same time.

They do not dare to move, if they do, Chaeyoung's head will hit Mina's shoulder again. So, she just leans lightly, making sure not to touch the taller girl. Ahhh, this is so awkward. Mina is also thinking the same.

Lucky to them, the elevator door is opened and Mina quickly removes herself from Chaeyoung before someone notices them. She walks back to the front like nothing happened and continues her chat with Choi Minho.

Mina turns around and looks for the Lawyer girl and her lips curl up in a smile when she finds out that Chaeyoung is widely smiling for nothing and she is still blushing.

That girl is really cute. I need to stop looking at her or else, she will notice me. Mina is scolding to herself for being too obvious. But a huge smile comes back to her face again when she sees Chaeyoung smiling too much, accidently showing her dimple.

Ahhh, I just wanna say that dimple is mine. And on that day, Mina finds out another side of Son Chaeyoung.