Truth or Dare?

The Girls of Summer

It had been the most boring day at camp thus far. The girls, being tired and far too lazy had skipped breakfast, waking up only in time for the lunch bell and enduring the wrath of the camp chef Mina. After lunch they were far too groggy to think of something to do and had just lounged around the cabins until dinner. 

Now it was long after dinner and all of the girls were crammed into cabin E1, trying to think of something

"We could play a game?" Haseul suggested, and Sooyoung groaned. 

"Like a board game?" 

"No, no! Haseul's right. Not a board game, a party game. Something like that," Jinsoul piped up, and the girls voiced their agreements. 

A sly smile came over Jiwoo's face. "How about truth or dare?" 

"Hell yeah!" Yeojin cheered, and the girls (less loudly) voiced their agreements. They crawled off of their beds and formed a circle on the floor in the middle of the cabin. 

"I'll start," Heejin called. "Hyunjinnie, truth or dare?" 

Hyunjin grimaced; as much as she liked the girl, she knew what Heejin was capable of daring someone to do. "Um, truth." 

"What? That's so lame! Starting off with truth?" Yeojin yelled. Heejin pouted at Hyunjin for picking truth and Vivi giggled. 

"I think Hyunjin was smart to pick truth," she said softly. 

"Um...what's your ideal type?" she asked. 

Hyunjin groaned internally. She should've picked dare. "Uh...someone funny, who smiles a lot. Someone who likes to tease and compete but not to the point of hurting me. Someone sporty, who likes the same things I do..." She stared pointedly at the floor. 

"How about looks?" Heejin asked. 

"I like people with dark hair and...um...a deep voice..." 

Yeojin looked at Hyunjin, then Heejin, and chortled. She leaned over and whispered something to Yerim, who grew wide eyed. 

"Anyways, my turn!" Hyunjin said, faking a cheerful voice. "Haseul, truth or dare?" 

"Truth?" She said. Hyunjin giving out dares was even more scary than Heejin giving out dares. 

"Again?" Yeojin whined. 

"Alright, if you had to date someone at camp, who would it be?" Hyunjin asked. Haseul made a face at her. 

"Um...uh...um...Vivi?" Haseul answered, clearly trying very hard to be casual (and failing very hard as well). Vivi made a surprised expression before smiling at the ground. 

"Like anyone is surprised," Yeojin mumbled under her breath. 

"Yeojin! Truth or dare?" Haseul asked suddenly. 

"Unlike all of you lame es, I will be choosing dare. But sadly I won't be expecting anything too crazy from you.

"Hey!" Haseul whined, trying to think of something. Suddenly, she smiled and crossed her arms. "Yeojin. I dare you to steal something from the counselor's cabin." 

Vivi gave her a surprised smile, Hyejoo pumped her fist, and Jiwoo gasped. 

"Damn! Ten out of ten unexpected from miss rule follower Haseul herself. I have to give you credit for that one." Yeojin stood up and brushed off her pajama pants. "Wish me luck ladies. I'll be back." 

She ran out of the door and Haseul suddenly made a frightened face. 

"What's wrong?" Vivi asked softly. 

"If Yeojin gets in caught, she'll rat me out immediately," Haseul answered. Vivi patted her thigh and she was immediately distracted. 

A few minutes later a tiny foot harshly kicked the door open. Upon seeing Yeojin holding two gigantic bags of doritos chips in her arms the girls cheered loudly. The camp store didn't sell doritos and only sold small bags of chips, so this was truly a treasure. 

"I get the first one," Yeojin said, tearing open the bag and stuffing the first cool ranch dorito into . "My god, it's glorious!" 

She put the bags on the floor and the girls tore them open like animals, not starting the game again until the bags were half empty and they were partially satisfied. 

"Vivi, truth or dare?" Yeojin asked with a mouthful of chips. 

"Uh, dare I guess," she answered in her sweet voice. 

Yeojin smirked. "Strip for us. You can choose, shirt or pants off." 

"What?" Vivi cried. 

"Come on, we've got to up the stakes!" 

Vivi thought for a moment then sighed. "Fine. I'm wearing a bra and you've all seen me in my swimsuit before." She pulled off her t-shirt and threw it onto the bed. Haseul stared pointedly at the ground and dug her nails into her thighs. 

"Someone's foaming at the mouth," Hyunjin whispered, and Hyejoo and Chaewon (the only girls who heard her) giggled. 

"Jungeun, truth or dare?" Vivi asked. 

"Truth," she firmly answered. "No dares after those." 

"Hm, what ended up drawing you to Jinsoul?" 

Jinsoul grinned and Jungeun looked shy yet proud. "That's easy. I love how bubbly she is, and kind. Oh, and she is so funny. But really...at the end of the day I think her and I just have chemistry." 

"Agreed," Jinsoul answered, and Vivi gave a nod of approval. 

"If chemistry means making out 24/7/365 then I'll say you two have it," Yeojin piped up. 

"Speaking of, Jinsoul, truth or dare?" 

"Dare," Jinsoul answered with a giggle. 

"Come here and kiss me," Jungeun said. Immediately all of the girls started groaning about how boring it was but Jungeun and Jinsoul didn't listen. They kept it pretty casual and soon sat back down again. "Come on, was that really that bad?" Jungeun asked. 

"Yes," Yeojin answered. 

"Yerim, truth or dare?" 

"Uh, truth," she answered with a chuckle. 

"Hm...what's the most illegal thing you've ever done?" 

"Well...maybe illegally downloaded music? I dunno..." 

"Really? That's the most illegal thing?" Hyunjin asked. 

"I mean, I am only thirteen..." Yerim responded and sighed softly. "Anyways, oh! Sooyoung, truth or dare?" 

"Dare. I'm not boring." 

Yerim giggled conspiratorily. "Go kiss your tik tok wife." 

"You mean..." Sooyoung answered in surprise, gesturing to Jiwoo. 

"Who else could be your tik tok wife?" Jungeun said. 

"A-alright," Sooyoung stuttered, and she and Jiwoo turned towards each other. Jiwoo looked up at her with a nervous but excited smile, and Sooyoung thanked Yerim a thousand times in her head. Slowly, she blinked. She didn't want to seem nervous in front of the others and especially Jiwoo. 

Thinking about the movies she had watched she cupped Jiwoo's unimaginably soft cheek and leaned in to press their lips together. 

It was heaven. 

Jiwoo kissed like she did everything else, feminine and happy and Sooyoung kissed her deeper. Her smaller lips fit perfectly against Sooyoung's bigger ones and really, she could have done this all night. 

A pointed cough from Hyunjin had them quickly splitting apart, cheeks pink and not quite able to look each other in the eye. 

"Damn. Worse than Jungeun and Jinsoul," Yeojin said. 

"Ah-em-anyways," Sooyoung said slowly, thinking to herself. A thought came over her quickly. She would have to be confident to do it, but what was she if not confident. 

"Jiwoo, truth or dare?" 

She looked dazedly at the ground. "Oh! Truth," she answered. 

Sooyoung grinned; just what she wanted. "Answer me this honestly. Was I any good at that?" 

Jiwoo looked up at Sooyoung in surprise. "Honestly?" Sooyoung nodded. "The best. That was the best." 

Sooyoung smiled from ear to ear, glowing with pride, and Jiwoo looked up at her with satisfaction. "Good to know," Sooyoung mumbled. 

"Wait wait wait wait wait," Heejin suddenly piped up. "Are...are all of you lesbians? I thought it was just Jungeun and Jinsoul but...are you guys just playing around because there's only girls? Or..." 

"Well...I can't speak for everyone but I am definitely one hundred percent gay," Sooyoung answered. The rest of the girls also piped up their agreements and Heejin looked on in surprise before turning to Hyunjin. 

"You too?" she asked. Hyunjin just looked at her and nodded back, and Heejin looked at the floor. 

"Wow..." 

"Wait...are you saying that you're straight?" Yeojin asked. 

"Uh huh," Heejin answered with a solid nod. Hyunjin looked at her phone. 

Sooyoung raised her eyebrows doubtfully and Jungeun made a face, that white people grimace-smile. 

"Okay..." Yeojin said, her voice high pitched. 

"My turn!" Jiwoo suddenly yelled, doing her best to dispell the awkwardness. "Chaewon, truth or dare?" 

Chaewon froze, her and Hyejoo had been pretty silent through the whole game, and she was a bit nervous. Hyejoo nudged her in the ribs and she slowly spoke. "D-dare..." she answered, surprising even herself. 

"Hmm...I dare you to kiss whoever you think is the prettiest girl in the room!" 

Now Chaewon was frozen completely solid. She knew who she thought was the prettiest girl in the room. But would it be more or less awkward to kiss someone else? 

The truth was, Chaewon really didn't want to kiss someone else, so she slowly turned to look at Hyejoo.

"Is it okay?" Chaewon asked very quietly. 

"Wait, me? Y-you think I'm..." Chaewon nodded very slowly and Hyejoo smiled a little. "I-I've never done this before." 

"Me neither," Chaewon admitted. 

"Um..." 

"Let's just..." 

And before she had another second to think, Hyejoo was pressing their lips together in a very prolonged peck. Chaewon could feel her whole body trembling and every nerve ending scream and her mind grow completely blank. Oh my gosh.

When they pulled away, at the same time, they could only look at each other for half a second before they scurried away, holding their knees up to their chests. The girls were silent for a few moments.

"Well, that was freakin' adorable," Yeojin said once they were done. The girls were frozen, crouched into little balls and smiling and blushing at the floor. 

"Chaewon, it's your turn," Yerim said softly, tapping her shoulder. Chaewon forced her brain to stop thinking about the kiss for one second. She should probably ask Hyejoo something easy and save both of them from any more embarrassment. 

"H-Hyejoo, truth or dare?" 

"Truth," she answered solidly. 

"Tell us an embarrassing secret." 

It took her a few minutes to come up with one, clearly too distracted. "Um...I like Taylor Swift. Like her old country stuff." 

"I do too!" Chaewon responded excitedly. 

"Wait what? I thought you were emo and only listened to screamo," Yeojin said. 

Hyejoo sighed. "I am. And I do. But...but I also listen to old Taylor Swift. Don't tell anyone, okay guys?" She whined. "It kinda...ruins my image." 

"Will do," Haseul answered firmly. "Although I don't quite see why it's embarrassing to love the true masterpieces that are Taylor Swift's old music." 

Hyejoo looked around the circle to see who hadn't gone yet. "Heejin, truth or dare?" 

"I'll do a dare," she answered, and Hyejoo grinned mischeviously. 

"Okay. Since I had to do it and since you're a het, I dare you to kiss someone." 

"Wh-who?" 

"Whoever," Hyejoo answered. 

Heejin looked around the room before turning to Hyunjin. "Since you're my closest friend here it'll be the least weird, right?" 

"R-right," Hyunjin stuttered. 

"Uh..." Heejin spoke before laughing awkwardly. "I don't really know how to kiss girls." 

Hyunjin was suddenly overcome with...something. "I'll teach you," she mumbled against Heejin's lips, and leaned in. 

Immediately upon lips touching lips Hyunjin felt sparks, fireworks, pure chemistry between them. She couldn't imagine Heejin not feeling it too, following her lead as Hyunjin tangled her fingers in her hair. 

As much as Hyunjin didn't want to stop Heejin was pulling away and Hyunjin didn't want to overstep her boundaries so she pulled away too. Heejin looked so shell shocked that she almost laughed, and the girls looked back in surprise. 

"Is it just me or was that kinda hot?" Yeojin piped up. Heejin and Hyunjin glared at her. 

"For once Yeojin might be right," Sooyoung mumbled, and Yerim gasped. 

"Guys it's three in the morning!" Everyone pulled out their phones to check the time, except Sooyoung and Jiwoo, and found that she was right. 

"We should get to bed; breakfast bell is in five hours," Haseul said. 

Everyone groaned at the thought of getting up in five hours, saying goodnight and making their way to their beds. But many of the girls wouldn't get a wink of sleep that night.