The Hangovers

The Girls of Summer

When the girls in cabin E1 headed out for breakfast the next day, they were all very confused. Usually the other girls heard them walking down the path and ran out to meet them, or visa versa, but today only a very exhausted Jinsoul left the cabin. 

"Hey guys," Jinsoul spoke, the exhaustion evident in her voice. 

"Where are the others?" Chaewon asked. 

Jinsoul sighed deeply. "So last night we found some of the counselor's alcohol and got super drunk...turns out the rest of the girls can't handle their liquor." 

"Oh no!" Heejin cried. 

"Are they...hungover?" Yerim asked. 

Jinsoul nodded. "Yeah. The only reason I even left them was to grab them breakfast. Most of them will probably throw it right back up but hopefully it will make them feel better." 

Yeojin made a face at that as Hyunjin silently clung to her arm, Heejin sliding up next to Jinsoul to ask her more questions about last night.

During breakfast all of the girls snuck as much food as they can into napkins to slip into their pockets, making up some excuse to chef Mina about the girls staying up too late. Luckily she just grumbled but didn't question it.

"Why does counselor Jeongyeon look so angry?" Yerim asked innocently as the counselor in question stepped into the dining hall through the back door. 

Despite her pounding headache (she wasn't as far gone as the other girls but they had drank quite a bit last night), Jinsoul sat up and whispered for all of the girls to follow her out of the dining hall. They ran as quickly as possible back down the path to their own cabins, only slowing down when they were a great distance away. 

"What did we have to do that for?" Yeojin complained, panting heavily. 

"Sooyoung and Jiwoo stole the alcohol from Jeongyeon," Jinsoul explained.

"Oh," Hyunjin said. "This wasn't pointless." 

Finally the seven of them reached cabin E1, pushing their way inside to find only Jungeun groaning on the bed. 

"Baby!" Jinsoul cried worriedly, running over to her girlfriend to cup her cheeks. 

"," Jungeun answered, finally noticing the other girls in the room. "Do they know what happened last night?"

Jinsoul nodded and Heejin looked around. "Where are the others?" 

"They went to the bathroom to throw up. Vivi is not as bad but she went to go help Haseul. Sooyoung and Jiwoo are definitely the worst." 

"But how are you?" Jinsoul asked, concern etched in her voice. 

"I feel like ," Jungeun answered with a chuckle. "But I'm alright." 

"We brought food. It might make you feel better." Jinsoul handed Jungeun a pancake stick out of her pocket and Jungeun looked at it suspiciously. 

"Just the smell makes me sick." 

"It'll make you feel better, trust me," Jinsoul mumbled. 

"Alright ladies, we need to form a plan to fix this," Yeojin said loudly, Jinsoul and Jungeun wincing. 

"If Sooyoung and Jiwoo are both sick someone should go help them," Hyejoo said. 

"Let's do that," Chaewon answered. 

"You two are so kind. Hope you don't mind the smell of vomit," Jungeun mumbled. Hyejoo and Chaewon shared a frightened look before leaving the cabin. 

"We should also make sure Jeongyeon doesn't figure out it was us," Heejin said. 

"How about you and Yeojin do that?" Hyunjin said quickly. Heejin frowned, giving Hyunjin a desperate look which she ignored. "Me and Yeojin will clean up this cabin." 

"Perfect," Yeojin said, not noticing Heejin's hesitation

"Y-yeah," Heejin stuttered. "Perfect." 

"You two should go into our cabin," Yerim said to Jungeun and Jinsoul. 

"Good idea," Jinsoul answered, holding her girlfriend's hand and leading her to cabin E1. 

Jungeun rested her weight on her, both breathing a sigh of relief when they reached the warm yet dark, neater, and not alcohol scented cabin of the other girls. They plopped onto a random bed (judging by the my chemical romance stickers pressed to the ladder it was Hyejoo's) and Jinsoul pulled Jungeun into his arms. The girl groaned. 

"This ," Jungeun mumbled. 

"Yeah. I don't feel too great myself." Jinsoul pulled another pancake stick out of her pocket and fed it to Jungeun. "Do you remember what happened last night." 

"Sadly," Jungeun grumbled. "I turned into a girl." 

Jinsoul began to giggle. "You sure did." 

"Ugh, I hate myself!" Jungeun whined. 

"It was kinda cute, actually." 

Jungeun scoffed. "No way." 

"And kinda hot." 

"In what universe is me being a girl hot?" 

"This one. But only to an extent; I'm glad you don't act like that sober." 

"Can I have another one of those pancake sticks?" Jungeun mumbled. Jinsoul smiled and fed her girlfriend another one.

"You feel a bit better, right?" 

"Yeah. You were totally right." 

"Remember that you should always eat when you have a hangover. Keep that in mind if you ever...drink...without me," Jinsoul said, slowing down as she remembered that soon enough she would have to be without Jungeun for a long time. 

"Let's....let's not talk about that now, okay? I feel way too ty already," Jungeun answered, snuggling in closer. 

Jinsoul pet Jungeun's hair and smiled at her. "Okay. You're so right." 

"Anyways...let's not add that sadness onto the sadness that was me acting like a ing idiot last night," Jungeun mumbled. 

"Baby I told you it was cute!" Jinsoul whined. Jungeun hummed and pressed her head into the crook of Jinsoul neck, breathing softly, thinking that maybe this hangover wasn't so bad. 

~~~~~~~~~~

For Sooyoung and Jiwoo, this hangover really was that bad. The two of them were sitting in the bathroom stall for wheelchair users, crouched on the dirty floor, heads hanging over the toilet. Neither of them knew how long they had been there until there was a knock at the door. 

"Sooyoung? Jiwoo?" Chaewon's voice asked. 

The girls simoultaneously groaned and Hyejoo and her pushed their way in, frowning at the very hungover couple. Both of them proceeded to braid Sooyoung and Jiwoo's hair back; it hadn't fallen in the toilet yet but it was close. 

"Thank you guys," Jiwoo groaned and gurgled. 

"We brought some food from the dining hall," Hyejoo mumbled, her and Chaewon pulling the pancake sticks out of their pockets. The smell alone made Sooyoung retch, leaning back over the toilet as Hyejoo rubbed her back. 

"I can't eat," Jiwoo whined. 

"Jinsoul said it would make you feel better," Chaewon said worriedly, and Hyejoo pushed her hand down, the two girls slipping the food back into their pockets. 

"Maybe later," Sooyoung grumbled. 

"Do you guys feel better though?" Chaewon asked. Both girls groaned. 

"God yes," Sooyoung answered. "This morning was ing hell." 

"Looks like it," Hyejoo mumbled. 

It was silent for a moment, the hungover girls too headachey and the other girls too grossed out to speak. "Do you guys think you're ready to lay in a bed?" Chaewon eventually asked. 

"We can help you get back to the cabins," Hyejoo added. 

All of the sudden, Jiwoo threw up into the toilet bowl, Sooyoung gagging and Chaewon and Hyejoo holding her hair and clothes back. Hyejoo and Chaewon locked eyes; they would be in the bathroom stall for a while. But, they could handle it together. 

~~~~~~~~~~

With Sooyoung and Jiwoo taking up the big stall, Vivi and Haseul were crammed into one of the little ones. Vivi had woken up to Haseul groaning for a plastic bag and Vivi was grateful she had left one by the bed, taking Haseul into the bathroom as soon as possible. Vivi was grateful though; she could tell by the sounds coming from the other stall that Haseul was doing much better than their friends. 

"I'm sorry," Haseul mumbled. 

Vivi sweetly petted her hair. "It happens to the best of us." 

"True. But it's not exactly something you want your girlfriend of four days seeing." 

Vivi looked down at the gross bathroom floor. Speaking of four days, she was thinking about what Haseul had said last night and it tortured her. As uncomfortable as it was, she had to ask about it. 

"How much do you remember from last night?" Vivi asked nervously. 

Haseul hummed. "We were all drinking in a circle, it tasted gross, we started making out, Sooyoung and Jiwoo did the renegade, then...nothing." 

"Oh," Vivi said softly. 

"Did I do something stupid?" Haseul asked, taking one look at Vivi's face. "Oh god I totally did..." 

"You...you told me you love me." 

Haseul froze and sat up at that, silent for a moment. "Oh Vivi..., I'm so sorry..." Vivi began to visibly deflate. "No, no! I'm not sorry because I don't mean it I'm sorry because you had to hear me say it for the first time like that." 

"Wait...so you did mean it?" Vivi asked with surprise. 

Haseul looked back at her like a deer caught in the headlights. She didn't even have to think about it; she did mean it. It was far too soon but she wasn't going to lie to her girlfriend. 

"Mmph," Haseul answered. 

Vivi snorted. "Four days...." Haseul looked down at her lap in shame. "Four days in and I love you too." 

Haseul immediately sat up, leaning in close to her. "There's nothing I want to do more than kiss you right now," Haseul mumbled, a giant smile on her face. 

"Go brush your teeth first," Vivi answered with a grin.