Vivi&Haseul

The Girls of Summer

As soon as Haseul woke up she knew something was off. She could sense it. 

Blinking her eyes awake, she could hear sounds of breathing and peeking below her, she could see Vivi sleeping peacefully in the bottom bunk. Haseul smiled to herself, god Vivi was cute, but it almost immediately fell off of her face. Looking around, she could see Vivi was the only one sleeping in the beds. Everyone else had left. 

With furrowed brows, Haseul quietly climbed down the ladder to the door. She reached for the handle but twisting and jiggling it she realized...it was locked. She tried again, harder this time...but nothing. 

Just then Haseul noticed the post it note stuck on the door, pulling it down. 

"Mmh..." Vivi mumbled, her voice still groggy with sleep. Haseul felt her heart skip a beat. "Where is everyone?" 

"I don't know," Haseul responded, turning to Vivi as she sat up in bed. "I woke up a few minutes ago and everyone was gone. The door's locked too." 

"The door's locked?" Vivi said softly, slowly getting up to the door. Haseul stepped aside to let Vivi try it but as much as she tugged and twisted...nothing. "What's going on?" she asked. 

"I'm not sure. But there was this note on the door," Haseul answered, passing Vivi the little orange sticky post. 

Haseul looked over Vivi's shoulder and the two read the note, slowly understanding what the hell was happening. 

"Dear Haseul and Vivi, 

Both of you have a secret you're keeping from one another and we all think it's time you shared it. We won't open the door until you do. We all saw you making out last night and we think it's time. 

Love, your fellow campers" 

Haseul groaned loudly. She knew exactly who had come up with this stupid little plan: Yeojin and Yerim. She was going to find and kill both of them as soon as she could get out of here. 

Oh yeah. That. They weren't getting out of here until she told Vivi her secret. She knew exactly what secret Yeojin and Yerim meant. But like hell she was going to tell Vivi she liked her and ruin everything. 

Haseul finally looked back at Vivi to see her blushing. "U-um..." Vivi spoke, even more quietly than unusual. "Let's sit on the bed." Haseul nodded and followed her, both facing each other on Vivi's bottom bunk. Haseul watched Vivi fidget and clear , and wondered how in the world Vivi could be as nervous as her. She wasn't the one with the secret after all. 

"Haseul, I-" 

"This is so stupid, right? So stupid. I don't have any secrets from you. Not a single one. What could this even be about?" Haseul laughed awkwardly. "I have no clue. Not a single clue." 

"This is a little bit stupid," Vivi mumbled back. "But Haseul-" 

"What even is the meaning of this? I'll have to chew out Yeojin and Yerim later. Their pranking has gone too far. Neither of us have any secrets. What are they talking about?" 

"I mean I-"

"I know you don't! And I don't either!" Haseul cried before laughing awkwardly, and Vivi sighed. 

You know what? They could get could through this. Their campmates did have to sleep somewhere after all. They would have to come back for their beds; and she knew sooner or later Sooyoung and Jiwoo would want the cabin back, to hell with Yeojin and Yeri's stupid prank ideas. It would be okay. Her and Vivi would just have to hold out until bed time. They probably had a few snacks laying around anyways. 

All of the sudden, Haseul felt a sensation that filled her with dread: she had to pee.

~~~~~~~~~~

Forty five minutes later, and Haseul felt like she was going to die. The two of them had been going back and forth that entire time, and Haseul's urge to pee had only gotten worse.

"Haseul! I li-" 

"I literally hate this too!" Haseul answered, grabbing her crotch. She had about five minutes until she pissed her pants and there was no way in hell she was gonna do that. 

"I have a crush-" 

"-ing urge to pee too? Oh my god. ," Haseul finished Vivi's sentence. Vivi groaned loudly and Haseul really, truly thought she was groaning because they were stuck in there. "Yeojin! Let me the out!" Haseul screamed at the door, pounding on the door. Haseul just knew all of them were standing out there but there was no answer. 

Oh my god. Oh my god she was either going to have to confess to Vivi or piss her pants in front of Vivi. They were almost equally bad. 

"Haseul," Vivi said softly. "Please." 

"I'm trying, but they won't let us out." 

"No, please let me say-" 

"You wanna try?" Haseul said. 

"No! Haseul please let me say that I like-" 

"This? You like this? I mean, I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I DIDN'T HAVE TO PEE!" 

Vivi gaped at the floor and Haseul panted, her eyes tearing up with how badly she had to go to the bathroom. She had to do it. She had to.

"Fine! Yeojin Yerim other friends listen the up! Vivi I like you! I do have a secret and it's that I like you! Now let me the out of here!" 

The door clicked open and Haseul burst out of the room, racing down the path to the bathroom. Vivi stared out the door, shell shocked for a moment before standing up and walking out the door to find all of the girls looking on in shock too.

"I didn't think it would take that long," Yeojin mumbled. 

"You all owe us one," Vivi answered softly before running down the path to the bathroom. 

As soon as she got inside it was quiet, save for the sound of Haseul's breathing. She saw her feet poking out of the bottom of one of the stalls. 

"Are you done peeing?" Vivi asked softly. 

"Yeah," Haseul answered quietly before sighing. "Look, I'm sorry-" 

"Haseul, let me talk, please." Haseul finally fell silent. "I like you." Vivi heard Haseul's breaths pause momentarily before the sound of flushing and the stall lock clicking open. 

Haseul stared at Vivi, her jaw dropped. "What?" 

Vivi giggled. "I do! I was trying to tell you as soon as we got the note but you wouldn't let me." 

Haseul laughed softly back, the smile etched permanently onto her lips. "You...you like me." Vivi nodded slowly. "I can't believe it." 

Vivi laughed loudly now. "I've been so obvious!" 

Haseul reached out to touch Vivi before stopping herself. "Wait, let me wash my hands." As soon as she finished she ran back over to Vivi, reaching for her hands to hold shakily. Vivi grasped them back without a second thought. "You really do?" 

"Yes!" Vivi cried, out of frustrated affection. "I can't believe you can't believe it." 

"I'm-" Haseul stopped to laugh softly. "I'm so happy." 

"Me too," Vivi answered, and without thinking, Haseul pulled her into a tight hug. The two girls held each other in that dirty girl's bathroom, Vivi's heart filling with relief that Haseul finally knows, and Haseul feeling a little like an idiot. 

"Yeojin and Yerim told me you like me, but I didn't believe them..." Haseul mumbled into Vivi's ear, still hugging her tight. 

"You told Yerim and Yeojin you liked me?" 

"Well...they confronted me and made me admit it," Haseul said. 

Vivi laughed. "Actually, that's what happened with me and Hyunjin and Heejin. They said I was being so obvious, and they were right." 

Haseul hummed. "So they're the culprits... we'll have to get our revenge." 

"Absolutely," Vivi answered. The two girls hadn't stopped holding each other; they couldn't bear to be parted. They were so close their could hear each other's hearts beating rapidly in their chests. 

"Um..." Haseul mumbled, a little quieter than before. 

"Yeah?" 

"Do...do you wanna be my girlfriend?" Haseul asked, her voice high pitched. 

"I kind of assumed I was as soon as you told me you liked me," Vivi admitted. 

Haseul grinned at her. "Good. That's good." 

They finally turned to look at each other, both growing shy at the eye contact, so much energy between them. Haseul was about to ask but Vivi knew they didn't have to, reaching up a little to press their lips together, so much better than last night because everything was finally out in the open and revealed. Haseul was still a little shaky with nerves but Vivi loved the way she kissed. She could get used to it, in the best way. 

Haseul suddenly pulled away from the kiss and laughed loudly. 

"What?" Vivi asked. 

"You know this is where Jungeun and Jinsoul got together, right?" Haseul asked. 

Vivi laughed back. "I guess this girl's bathroom has romantic powers." 

Haseul wrapped her arms around Vivi and held her tight again. "I guess it does."