Sooyoung&Jiwoo

The Girls of Summer

A/N: first of all, I want to thank you all so much for 100+ subscribers! this is my first loona fic and to know ive been getting some love for it is really encouraging~ once this one is over I'll definitely write another loona fic! soon i'll let you guys vote on what that will be about. 

second of all, one of my lovely readers on ao3, pencapjim, made an amazing playlist for this story! i listened to it and it totally goes! you can find that here

third of all, thank you for all the comments! comments are what keep me going as a writer and i REALLY appreciate them. i read and respond to every one~ also you can send me feedback or just see me about bbc on my twt @dahnyeogayo

now let's get on with the story! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sooyoung," Jiwoo called in her cheery, sweet morning voice. She looked up to see Jiwoo standing over her and immediately smiled; what a perfect way to wake up. "The breakfast bell rang!" 

"It did?" Sooyoung asked groggily, rubbing her eyes and sitting up. Jiwoo giggled sweetly and Sooyoung felt her heart beating harder and harder. This was way too much for the morning. 

"Yeah! Come on, we're gonna be late!" 

Sooyoung suddenly frowned. Usually she woke up a little before Jiwoo, giving her enough time to put a little make up on before the day began. Now, Jiwoo was seeing her without make up for the first time. . 

She couldn't let anyone else see her without make up so she raced over to her luggage. 

"Wait, can I put on make up first?" 

"Why? You don't need it.." 

"You saw me without make up, that's bad enough. I can't let anyone see it." 

"Sooyoung!" Jiwoo whined, pouting and sitting on the bed next to Sooyoung. "You're always pretty." She leaned on Sooyoung's shoulder and looked up at her. 

Sooyoung turned to her with pink cheeks, looking over Jiwoo's pretty little face. Jiwoo meant what she said, and Sooyoung tried her best to keep herself under control. She shut her makeup mirror and stuffed all the make up back into her bag.

"If you really think so... then alright. I'm hungry anyways." 

Jiwoo squeaked excitedly and took her hand, and the two rushed off to the dining hall. 

As they ran down the path to try and catch up with the other girls, Sooyoung had a moment to think, her sleep fogged brain beginning to wake up. 

Every time she thought she couldn't like Jiwoo more, she just did. The ten days since they had first met had felt like a lifetime but a just a blip all at once, and each day she had grown to like Jiwoo more and more. She thought she had it bad even just when she first laid eyes on her, let alone after their kiss during truth or dare. Sooyoung knew absolutely how whipped she was. 

But her heart sunk when she thought about Jiwoo and their time together. A third of camp was over and her and Jiwoo were just friends, exactly what Sooyoung didn't want. Each day that passed was another chance at her and Jiwoo together passed. Honestly, she had made fun of Jungeun and Jinsoul when they first got together, but maybe they had the right idea. They had so much of camp to be a couple together before they had to go back home halfway across the country. 

Why was Sooyoung even thinking about confessing when she wasn't sure Jiwoo liked her back? Yes, Jiwoo was affectionate, but she was affectionate with everyone. She seemed extra close to Sooyoung, but did she make everybody feel that way? Sooyoung just couldn't tell. 

But...maybe a confession was the best idea. If Sooyoung got rejected she knew it would feel awkward. But the longer she waits, the higher chance she has of falling way too deep, and any rejection hurting more. 

She took a deep breath and smiled. She was going to do it, successful or not. 

During breakfast, everyone was deciding where to go, eventually coming up on the pool (except for Jungeun and Jinsoul who asked to have one of the cabins to themselves). Jiwoo seemed bored by the idea, and Sooyoung smiled. 

"After breakfast do you wanna just hang with me?" 

Jiwoo immediately beamed. "Yeah, that sounds great," she answered back as quietly as Jiwoo's voice could. 

So after breakfast the two snuck off from everyone else, still dressed in their pajamas. Sooyoung thought for a moment and decided on the best place to take Jiwoo: a little flower dotted meadow she'd discovered near the ten to twelves cabins. 

"Let's just sit here," Sooyoung said. 

"Yeah!" Jiwoo cheered, immediately flopping onto her back in the grass. Sooyoung slid down next to her as she pretended to make a snow angel in the grass. 

"It's so nice out today!" Jiwoo cheered. 

"Yeah," Sooyoung answered softly, and she was right. The sun was out and the sky was completely clear, except for the perfect little cloud that blew by once it a while. The breeze kept things comfortable and not cool, and here with the grass and the flowers surrounding them, Sooyoung couldn't think of a better place to confess. 

Jiwoo sighed. "I wish I could take a picture. I wanna save this moment forever." 

Sooyoung sighed back; she did not like thinking about the phone thing. Not only because her parents were going to be understandably pissed but because it reminded her that camp did have to end at some point. Plus, she agreed, she wanted to save this moment forever. And have some pics of Jiwoo on her phone. "Me too." 

They both stared at the clouds for long moments, Sooyoung wasn't sure how long. It wasn't like Jiwoo to be quiet but it was so comfortable that she couldn't mind. Maybe Jiwoo could feel the gravity of this moment too. 

Butterflies bubbled up in Sooyoung's stomach. It was time for her to confess, to go through with it. Unlike some girls at camp (Haseul) she knew she was capable of confessing, but it still made her incredibly nervous. Jiwoo was perfect. Perfect for her, she thought, but maybe Jiwoo wouldn't feel the same. 

"J-Jiwoo?" Sooyoung spoke softly, gently. 

"Yeah?" Jiwoo asked, surprisingly quietly. Sooyoung had been right; she clearly could sense Sooyoung's nervous mood. 

"I-I wanna tell you something."

"What is it?" Jiwoo practically whispered. 

"Jiwoo...I know we only met ten days ago. In the real world that's so short but here, it feels like years. And that's how long I feel like I've known you. And in those days that felt like years...I've started feeling something for you I've never really felt before. So Jiwoo..." Sooyoung trailed off, her body facing the sky but turning her head to look at Jiwoo. Jiwoo was looking back at her the same way; Sooyoung couldn't read the expression on her face. But there were emotions there Sooyoung had never seen. "I just want to say that I like you. I really, really like you." 

Jiwoo was quiet for a the longest moment of Sooyoung's life until her face bloomed into a smile, relief washing over Sooyoung. "I like you too!" Jiwoo said cheerfully before squealing. "Oh my gosh Sooyoung I like you too!" 

Sooyoung laughed, beyond relieved and happy that this had gone well, that she now had time to truly call Jiwoo hers. "Really? You really do?" 

"Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes!" There was the usual loud, cheery Jiwoo that Sooyoung liked so much and fallen so hard for. She couldn't stop smiling, all the way up to the corners of her eyes, and kicking her legs in the air. If Sooyoung had known Jiwoo would be so happy, Sooyoung would have confessed ages ago. 

Both of them rolled onto their sides in the grass and leaned in close to share a kiss. Even though it was only the second kiss of both of their short teenage lives it happened instinctually, naturally, no awkwardness whatsoever. It was perfect, just like they were perfect for each other. 

They pulled away to smile at each other for just a moment, and Sooyoung was taken aback by just how pretty a smiley Jiwoo was. What made it all the more exciting was knowing that it was her who made Jiwoo so joyous. 

"So you're my girlfriend now?" Sooyoung mumbled. 

"Yes!" Jiwoo screamed. "And you're mine?" 

"Of course," Sooyoung answered, and pressed their lips together once again. 

"Ew!" A voice suddenly cried. Jiwoo and Sooyoung looked up to see one of the ten year old campers making a face at them.

"You both have grass stains," another ten year old piped up. Sooyoung touched her back and grimaced when she realized it was wet with grass dew and mud. But, Jiwoo looked Sooyoung and herself over and just began to laugh. Despite ruining her clothes, Sooyoung couldn't help but laugh too. Jiwoo's smile was infectious.