The Game

The Girls of Summer

After an uneventful day of hanging out by the pool (which Jinsoul finally got to enjoy now that her hair was dark), the girls all sat in cabin E2, wondering what they should do. 

"We should play truth or dare again!" Jiwoo suggested. "It was so fun last time." 

The girls all agreed (some more excitedly than others) and sat around the cabin. 

"You go first," Haseul said affectionately, resting her head on Vivi's shoulder. 

"Me?" Vivi answered with a laugh. "Alright. Sooyoung, truth or dare?" 

"Hm, let's start this game out right. I'll say dare." 

Haseul whispered something in Vivi's ear and she giggled loudly. "Hm... I dare you to twerk for us." 

"What?" Sooyoung cried as everyone laughed loudly, Jiwoo loudest of all. "But I have no !" 

"It's okay baby," Jiwoo said, rubbing her girlfriend's arm. Sooyoung groaned but stood up anyways, bending her knees and attempting to twerk. 

Everyone burst out laughing and Sooyoung ran to her seat, covering her face in embarrassment as Jiwoo hugged her tightly. "It wasn't so bad," she cheered. 

"No, it was," Sooyoung answered, clearing and sitting up. "Jinsoul, truth or dare?" she asked, her face still a bit red. 

"Truth," Jinsoul said firmly. 

Sooyoung thought for a moment. "What's the farthest you've ever gone?" 

Jinsoul smiled and blushed. "Um, second base." 

"Wait, okay, what exactly are the bases again? I've heard so many different opinions that I'm not sure," Haseul piped up. 

"Second base is definitely touching right?" Hyejoo spoke up. 

"Y-yeah," Jinsoul stuttered. 

"When was that?" Sooyoung asked. 

"U-um," Jinsoul started, sparing a quick glance at Jungeun. "During the movie." 

"Ooh!" Everyone teased and both Jinsoul and Jungeun turned bright red. 

"Moving on, moving on," Jinsoul said. "Haseul, truth or dare?" 

"Let's go with dare," Haseul said. 

"Hmm..." Jinsoul began to smile. "Go straddle Vivi for the rest of the game." 

"Why?" Haseul whined, pouting and crawling onto Vivi's lap. Vivi quickly smiled and wrapped her arms around her new girlfriend. 

"Okay but why is this game getting so ?" Yeojin said. 

"How do you even know that word?" Haseul cried from Vivi's lap, scandalized. 

"I've been through eighth grade, I know some things," Yeojin answered. "Anyways, ask someone." 

"Jungeun, truth or dare?" Haseul asked. 

"Hm, I'll do truth," Jungeun answered. 

Haseul thought for a moment. "Who do you think has the best s at camp?" 

"No question, Jinsoul," Jungeun answered, completely unphased. "But I may be a bit biased." 

"I mean we all know how well you know..." Yeojin mumbled. 

Jungeun cleared . "Anyways, Jiwoo, truth or dare?" 

"Truth!" Jiwoo cheered with a little giggle. 

"Let's make this game a little bit cleaner, alright everyone? What are you favorite things about Sooyoung?" Jungeun asked. 

"Well, um, there's so much! I really like how she's..." Jiwoo paused to give Sooyoung a loving glance, and Sooyoung wrapped her arm around her waist. "I like how she has duality. She can tease but she's also so nice. She's funny but serious when she should be, she's cute and y..." Sooyoung and Jiwoo shared a loving glance and Yeojin made wretching noises. "You're mean!" Jiwoo whined to Yeojin. 

"She's just jealous," Sooyoung mumbled. 

"Am not!" Yeojin cried. 

"Hm...oh! Heejin, truth or dare?" 

"I'll play it safe and say truth," she answered. 

Jiwoo smiled slowly. "So Heejin...we all may have looked distracted but you know we all saw you and Hyunjin during the movie night...have your thoughts on girls changed?" 

Heejin immediately stared at the floor and would not look at anyone, espeically Hyunjin. She really would have shared anything but that; hat was the one thing she did feel uncomfortable with. Why? Because...she couldn't really answer the question. She didn't know. 

"I-I'm not sure..." she eventually ended up stuttering out. Looking up she could see the other girls, especially Jiwoo glancing at her worriedly. It was clear they knew they shouldn't have pried into that. 

"I'm sorry," Jiwoo said, quietly, almost a whisper. 

"It's fine," Heejin said hurriedly, sitting up. "It's fine." 

Things had been off with Hyunjin lately. She could tell by the way Hyunjin kissed that things were off; and yesterday everyone had been so distracted by Vivi and Haseul that she didn't have a moment to think about it but now it was all she could think about. She knew things were off with herself too; she knew it by the way she had kissed Hyunjin back. 

She wanted to see something. "Hyunjin, truth or dare?" 

"Dare, of course," Hyunjin answered, looking at her with concern. 

"Give the prettiest girl in the room a hug." 

"Just a hug? I thought we were-" Yeojin complained until she saw the way Hyunjin leapt up to hold Heejin in her arms, tightly so. 

This had been more than just a dare for Heejin, it had been a test. And Hyunjin's decision had confirmed her suspicions. Did...did Hyunjin like her? 

"Chaewon truth or dare," Hyunjin asked gruffly, pulling away from Heejin as quickly as possible. 

"D-dare," Chaewon stuttered. 

"Go french kiss Hyejoo for fifteen seconds," Hyunjin said, and Heejin knew she was trying to get the attention off of them. 

"I don't even know how," Chaewon mumbled. 

"Come on, don't think we didn't see you two at movie night either," Yeojin teased. 

"It's kissing with tongue," Jungeun gently explained. Chaewon and Hyejoo shared a hesitant look before leaning in closer. 

"Good practice, right?" Hyejoo whispered. 

"Right," Chaewon answered, and the two girls pressed their lips together. 

It was good until Chaewon remembered the stupid thing about the tongue and with a grimace, slipped it in. Hyejoo followed, and both sighed with relief when a couple of seconds later Hyunjin called time. 

They pulled away and wiped the spit off of their mouths. "That was gross," Chaewon mumbled. 

"Agreed," Hyejoo said. "I will not be doing that again." 

"That was gross to watch, I can't imagine being a part of it," Yeojin added. 

"It just takes practice," Jinsoul said. 

"And lots of restraint with the tongue," Hyunjin added, Heejin shuddering at past memories. 

"Uh," Chaewon said with an awkward chuckle, eager to keep the game moving, "Yerim, truth or dare?" 

"I'll pick dare. I'm not afraid." 

Chaewon thought for a moment. "Do the splits." 

"Okay!" Yerim cheered, easily sliding into the splits. 

"How did you do that?" Haseul cried, still straddling Vivi. 

"I've been doing gymnastics since the third grade," Yerim answered. 

"A future cheerleader!" Jinsoul cried lovingly. 

"Easy," she slid out of it and rubbed her thighs. 

"That was boring," Yeojin mumbled. 

"I didn't think it would be!" Chaewon whined. 

"It was fun!" Anyways, Hyejoo, truth or dare?" Yerim asked. 

"Truth," Hyejoo firmly answered. 

Yerim hummed. "What's your ultimate weakness?" 

Hyejoo squinted for a moment, thinking. Her eyes flitted to Chaewon for half a second for staring down at the floor, her cheeks clearly red. 

"U-um....cute girls...." she admitted. 

The girls all smiled and Yeojin even snorted, while Chaewon stared pointedly at her fingernails. 

"Guys!" Hyejoo said firmly, then sighed. "Yeojin, truth or dare?" 

"Here's the thing, I don't really wanna make out with any of you, so I'm gonna go with truth." 

"And you were the one who made fun of us all for choosing truth!" Haseul cried. "Who's lame now?" 

"It's only lame if you go first and pick truth!" Yeojin cried back. "Hyejoo, what's my question?" 

"Who do you think is the hottest counselor at camp?" 

"Easy. Head counselor Jihyo. Or wait....lifeguard Momo is super cute too..." 

"You've gotta pick," Hyejoo said. 

"What? Fine. Jihyo. Wait...maybe Momo...no, Jihyo. She's definitely the cutest." 

"Really? I think Chaeyoung's much cuter..." Sooyoung started before receiving a glare from Jiwoo and immediately falling silent. 

"My turn? Okay. Who hasn't gone yet...Vivi! Truth or dare?" 

"Has everyone else gone?" Vivi asked, and they all nodded. "I'll pick dare then. Let's end on something crazy." 

"Hm...I dare you to...give Haseul a hickey." 

"What?" They both cried simoultaneously. 

"How do you even know what that is?" Haseul added. 

"I'm not as innocent as I may seem..." Yeojin said with a glint in her eye. "Anyways, just do it." 

Haseul and Vivi turned to each other and grimaced; they had only been dating for about thirty six hours at that point so things were still a bit awkward. 

"U-um..." Haseul started. "Well, thank god you got the dare. I don't even know how to give a hickey." 

"That might have been better," Vivi mumbled back. "I'll try to make it light. We've still got two weeks of camp so it'll be gone by then." 

"Alright then. Let me bare my neck for you, vampire mistress," Haseul teased and tilted her neck. Vivi laughed loudly, unable to complete her dare for a few seconds before rolling her eyes, giving Yeojin a pointed glare, and doing as she was asked. 

Less than a minute later Vivi pulled away to reveal the small mark on Haseul's neck. 

"Did it hurt?" Vivi asked. 

Haseul shook her head. "It wasn't so bad. Although Yeojin will need some revenge."

"Yesterday, and now today..." Vivi answered, and the two glared at Yeojin. 

"Alright guys! Let's go to bed!" Yeojin said loudly. "Go back to your cabins!" 

Vivi and Haseul laughed and finally got off each other, everyone starting to head out. "We'll have our revenge later. We promise."