Kisses and Counselor Confessions

The Girls of Summer

"Guys, we shouldn't waste our time being lazy around the cabin," Jiwoo whined. "We have barely any ti-" 

"Shh!" Hyejoo sternly answered. It was nighttime in cabin E2 and everyone was crowded around. Nobody was tired enough to sleep but nobody knew what to do either. 

"She has a point though," Jungeun spoke dejectedly. 

"Truth or dare?" Vivi piped up. Immediately everyone cheered; they didn't want to overdo all of the games but at the same time, it was their favorite nighttime activity. It had been over a week since they'd last played too, so it seemed like the perfect time. 

They all sat in a circle on the ground and looked to Vivi. 

"Since it was your idea, you should ask first," Yerim said. 

Vivi chuckled. "Okay. Yeojin, truth or dare?" 

"Who do you think I am? Dare of course," Yeojin answered. 

Vivi hummed and thought. "We all know about your little crush on counselor Jihyo, right?" 

Yeojin laughed. "Just a little itty bitty one." 

"I think you ought to tell her." 

"Right now?" 

"Right now." 

"Alright," Yeojin said, standing up. "I have no problem doing that. I'm confident." She left the cabin and the girls listened to her run along the woodchip path until her footsteps faded away. A few moments later, they all heard her yell, "Counselor Jihyo you're y!" 

"Yeojin, go to bed!" Jihyo's voice carried all the way back to their cabin, and the girls laughed. A few moments later the light footsteps on gravel returned and Yeojin pushed her way back inside. 

"Done and done. No problem," she spoke as she took her place back in the circle. "Sooyoung, truth or dare?" 

"I'm gonna go with truth." 

"Bo-ring," Yeojin teased. "Um, what's your kink?" 

"Okay first of all how do you know that word?" Haseul cried angrily. 

"I'm in eighth grade dummy! All eighth graders know these things." 

"I don't know what kink means..." Yerim mumbled. 

"Yerim, it's-" 

"My kink is bottoms, alright?" Sooyoung interrupted Yeojin. "Let's move on." 

Jiwoo squeaked, her ears bright red but everyone ignored it (to her joy). 

"Hyejoo, truth or dare?" Sooyoung spoke up after rubbing her very embarrassed girlfriend's shoulder. 

"Truth. But don't ask me anything like that." 

"Do you like someone here at camp?" 

Now it was Hyejoo's turn to go red all over. "Y-yeah," she stuttered. 

Immediately everyone began to pester and , everyone except for Chaewon. She just sat back, shocked. Hyejoo liked someone? Who could it be? 

She was hurt, that's for sure. She was hurt that Hyejoo hadn't told her who it was, and even more hurt that it wasn't her. She sighed deeply, trying to will her tears away. 

"Who is it?" Sooyoung asked. 

"That wasn't part of the question," Hyejoo answered firmly. 

"Come on!" Yeojin whined. 

"I don't have to answer. Now, Jinsoul, truth or dare?" she said, trying to change the subject. 

"Uh, dare? We haven't had a dare in a minute." 

"Um....grab Jungeun's ." It was the craziest thing she could think of, anything to get the attention off of herself. 

"Wait what?" Jungeun said, the couple laughing loudly. 

"And the dirty truth or dare continues..." Yeojin mumbled. 

"Alright let's do it. Jungeunie, get into position," Jinsoul spoke teasingly. Jungeun rolled her eyes but the two were smiling, sticking out her . Giggling loudly, Jinsoul gave it a squeeze before they both sat back, laughing. 

"How was it?" Yeojin asked with a wink. 

"Fine," Jinsoul answered. 

"I know there's nothing much to grab," Jungeun answered, and the girls fell into peals of laughter. When they recovered, Jungeun tapped her girlfriend on the shoulder. 

"Oh yeah! Yerim, truth or dare?" 

"I want a dare too." 

"You know the coffee in the dining hall? I want you to chug five cups of that," Jinsoul said with a smirk. 

"She's gonna be even more hyper!" Heejin cried, and Yerim just giggled. 

"Can I add sugar?" 

"Of course." 

"I'll be off!" Yerim said excitedly. She left the cabin and returned a few minutes later, running in at breakneck speed. "Hi guys? How's it going? I've never had coffee before and it's kinda gross but with sugar I like it!" 

"Oh no..." Sooyoung mumbled. 

"Hm hm hm hm hm, who should I ask...um...Haseul! Haseul, truth or dare?" 

"I do not wanna drink coffee or squeeze my girlfriend's in front of all of you, so I'm gonna say truth." 

"What was your most embarrassing moment at camp so far?" Yerim asked. 

Haseul flushed a little just at the thought. "Well, I don't remember it exactly...but based on what Vivi's told me, definitely when I got drunk." Everyone definitely laughed at that. 

"She's right. It was pretty bad," Vivi added. 

Haseul cleared . "Anyways...Chaewon, truth or dare?" 

"Dare," Chaewon firmly answered. She didn't really want anyone to ask her who she liked, let alone ask her to admit who it was. 

Haseul smirked. "How about you and Hyejoo kiss again?" 

"Why?" Chaewon whined. 

"Because clearly, you need it," Haseul answered. 

Chaewon should have been excited, but she wasn't. Her and Hyejoo looked up at each other and all Chaewon could think about was that Hyejoo liked someone else, that she wished it was another person who she was dared to kiss. Really, she just felt bad for Hyejoo, who despite the many times they had kissed now she was still trembling a little. 

Usually Hyejoo was the one that leaned in closer but Chaewon just really, really wanted to get this over with. So she pressed her lips to Hyejoo's, trying her best to not let her heart break at the feeling of fireworks burgeoning inside of her. She knew now that she was the only one who could feel those fireworks. Hyejoo didn't like her back. Hyejoo felt nothing. And all those times they had practiced kissing had been just that for her: practice. 

So Chaewon was the first to pull away too and as usual, Hyejoo and Chaewon couldn't look each other in the eye. But unusually, Chaewon did not have a secret smile on her lips. 

"Jungeun, truth or dare?" she asked, just wanting all of this to be over. 

"Let's say truth," Jungeun answered. 

"What's your favorite nickname that Jinsoul's given you?" 

Jungeun smiled sweetly at that and Jinsoul looked at her with gentle curiosity. "Um...maybe honey? I-I mean it's really common but it's just so...domestic, I dunno." 

"Aww!" Jiwoo said, and everybody in the cabin cooed at the couple. 

Jungeun and Jinsoul shared a smile, and Jungeun shook her head and looked around the circle. "Anyways...Hyunjin, truth or dare?" 

"I'll say truth too, I don't feel like getting up." 

"What's your favorite thing about Heejin? In terms of appearance." 

Hyunjin hummed and turned to her girlfriend, looking her up and down. Heejin watched Hyunjin and blushed. Finally, Hyunjin turned back to Jungeun. "Her eyes," she answered firmly. 

"Aww!" Everyone cooed again and Heejin blushed even harder, shaking her head and trying to curl into a ball. 

"Stop," she whined, smile etched onto her face. 

"You're cute," Hyunjin mumbled, pecking her forehead and looking around the group to see who hasn't gone yet. "Jiwoo, truth or dare?" 

"I'll pick dare." 

"Okay." Hyunjin snorted to herself just thinking about the dare. "I dare you to make out with your girlfriend and at some point, grab her nose." 

Haseul gave her a look. "Wait, what?" 

"You're a weirdo," Sooyoung said, shaking her head and turning to Jiwoo. The two of them shared a brief chuckle before leaning in. Of course it was nice at first; even though they had never kissed anyone before each other the couple had a lot of practice during their time at camp. It was easy now, but not too easy to the point where it became boring. 

But the dare did have to happen. So suddenly, Jiwoo grabbed Sooyoung's nose. 

Sooyoung squeaked, quickly pulling away from the kiss to rub her nose. "That was...odd." Everyone else began to giggle at the pair, including Jiwoo, and Sooyoung just rolled her eyes. 

"Hyunjin, that was actually pretty funny! Anyways...Heejin, truth or dare?" 

"Truth." 

"Hm...what made you realize that you actually do like girls?" Jiwoo asked. 

"Hyunjin," Heejin firmly answered. "Without a doubt, Hyunjin." 

"Ooh!" Everyone else said as Hyunjin smirked with pride. 

"Damn. The power I hold," Hyunjin mumbled. Heejin proudly nuzzled herself into Hyunjin's shoulder and looked around the cabin. 

"Vivi, you haven't been asked yet, right?" Vivi shook her head. "Then, truth or dare?" 

"Let's say dare." 

Heejin hummed and Hyunjin whispered something in her ear. Heejin giggled and when she turned back to Vivi she was wearing a smirk. "I dare you to make Haseul blush." 

"That shouldn't be too hard," Yeojin commented. 

"Oh god," Haseul mumbled.

Vivi chuckled and leaned in closer to whisper in Haseul's ear. "Do you remember the teen movie night last week? God you were so ing hot when you kissed me, so pretty, so -" 

"Oh my god she's blushing already!" Yeojin cried, and all the girls burst out laughing when they saw Haseul had turned beet red. 

"Alright guys isn't it late?" Haseul said loudly, standing up and pulling away from her girlfriend who was laughing too. "It's late, we should all go to bed." 

Sooyoung snorted. "Alright, if you insist."