The Party Boat

The Girls of Summer

During lunch the sixteen to eighteens counselor, Nayeon, approached the girls. 

"Today's the party boat! Wanna come?" she asked the girls. 

Sooyoung eyed her suspiciously. "What's that?" 

"So basically me and the lifeguard Momo are gonna get a couple of the motorboats together and take you and the older teens out on them in the middle of the lake! We'll swim around and bring snacks. It'll be great!" 

The girls all looked at each other and Haseul finally gave an affirming nod at the girls. 

"Sounds fun! We'll be there." 

A couple of hours after lunch and they were off, everyone standing around on the boats until they got to the middle of the lake. Then Momo and Nayeon stopped the boats, open up the snack boxes, and let the girls loose. 

Almost all of the older girls that even came jumped into the water and swam far out into the lake, leaving the thirteen to fifteens all around the motorboats. 

"What should we do?" Vivi asked her girlfriend after they grabbed chips and sodas for each of them. 

"Hm...how about we sit and eat our snacks on the edge of the boat? Like put our feet in and stuff." 

Vivi slowly grinned. "That sounds great." 

Her and Haseul made their way to the edge of the boat, sitting in their swimsuits underneath the hot sun and putting their feet in the cool water. Quietly they opened their chip bags, and despite the fact that Haseul got cheetos, Vivi held her cheetos hand anyways. 

"I like your swimsuit. You look pretty in it," Vivi said quietly. 

Haseul blushed and looked down at her emerald swimsuit then down at her lap, chuckling awkwardly. "You're so sweet..." 

"Haseul, I'm your girlfriend, this is my job. Anyways, it's true. Green is definitely your color." 

Haseul looked over Vivi's pastel bikini. "And pink is yours." 

Vivi grinned at that. "Actually, I was thinking about dying my hair pink..." 

Haseul gasped. "Oh my god you would look so pretty!" 

Vivi giggled. "Should I do it?" 

"Yes! Yes you should!" Haseul cheered, and Vivi smiled at her. 

"Alright. I'll do it right before school starts." 

"Ew don't mention school!" Haseul whined. 

Vivi ran her fingers over Haseul's palm. "You're right, you're right. Don't wanna waste our time being sad." 

Just then, Yerim and Yeojin swam in front of the girls with sly smiles on the faces. Vivi and Haseul shared a look and smiled down at them. 

"What's up?" Haseul asked. 

"Isn't the water so nice Yerim?" Yeojin asked. 

"Yes, yes it is. Nice and cold against the too hot sun," Yerim answered. Vivi and Haseul shared another suspicious look. Just then, the empty can of Vivi's soda started to blow away in the slight breeze. 

Vivi squeaked and grabbed it, gathering all of their empty chip bags and cans. 

"I'm gonna go take this to counselor Nayeon. She probably has a trash and I don't want this going into the water." 

"Okay love," Haseul answered, turning back to the thirteen year olds. They were still giving her the kind of look that made Haseul really scared. "Come on guys, what is it?" 

Yeojin and Yerim shared another giggle before pulling Haseul into the water. She screeched before plunging in, bobbing up and glaring at the two girls who had fallen into peals of laughter. 

"Guys!" Haseul whined. 

Just then, Vivi came back and her eyes widened seeing Haseul in the water. "What happened here?" she asked. 

Yerim and Yeojin began to giggle again and now Haseul joined in. Suddenly, Yerim and Yeojin reached out to grab her. 

"Sorry love!" Haseul cried, just as Yerim and Yeojin pulled Vivi into the water too. 

Meanwhile Heejin and Hyunjin were also sitting on the edge of the boat, kicking their feet in the water, their hands intertwined. Heejin looked up at Hyunjin and smiled, and watched Hyunjin's eyes dash to her lips before coming up to look back at her. 

"Do you know how much I like kissing you?" Heejin mumbled so only Hyunjin would hear. 

"How much?" Hyunjin almost whispered back. 

Heejin giggled. "A lot. You know...it's different. It's different from the other people I've kissed. Not just because you're a girl...because you're the person I've liked the most out of anyone I've kissed. It just...feels nice." 

"Not to mention I'm a good kisser. I know it." 

Heejin giggled and pink dusted her cheeks. "You are," she shyly admitted. 

"Are you saying this in a sort of roundabout way to get me to kiss you?" 

Heejin blushed a little deeper. "Maybe," she shyly admitted. 

Hyunjin smiled back at her and tucked Heejin's hair behind her ears, cupping her chin and cheeks and rubbing circles. Without the hesitation of before Heejin placed her hand on Hyunjin's feminine waist, the discomfort and worriedness from before gone. 

And without another moment's pause they leaned in to kiss and even after two days of being a couple Heejin still melted. It hadn't been that long but at camp, every day felt like weeks. 

Back on the boat, Jiwoo and Sooyoung were standing around, dancing and laughing in their swimsuits. 

"So I was thinking about our tiktoks and I had this idea," Sooyoung started. 

"Yeah?" Jiwoo responded. 

"Well, maybe if our following goes down a little but not that much we can make up a new viral dance. That might bring our followings back up." 

Jiwoo gasped. "That's a great idea!" 

Sooyoung laughed. "I'm lucky I brought this old ipod so I could practice dances," she admitted, putting on a random rap song nobody else had ever heard. Sooyoung performed her little snippet of choreography, incorporating most of the viral moves. When she was finished Jiwoo clapped and hugged her girlfriend. 

"It's perfect! It'll go so viral for sure." But when the two girls turned to look at the others and found Momo and Nayeon laughing at them. 

"What?" Jiwoo whined. 

"You guys use tiktok?" Nayeon teased. 

"Um, yeah. We're tiktok famous," Sooyoung explained. 

"Yeah. There's Charli D'Amelio, Loren Gray, then us as the top girls on the app," Jiwoo said firmly. Momo and Nayeon made faces at them. 

"You know that if we calculate the revenue from ads and sponsorships that I make about thirty dollars an hour, right?" Sooyoung said, her expression deadpan. 

"Me too!" Jiwoo added with a giggle. 

"Wait...really?" Nayeon said, their expressions changing quickly. 

"We make like a third of that at this camp..." Momo mumbled. 

"And you guys are only fourteen and fifteen..." Nayeon added. 

"Yeah, you probably shouldn't make fun of us," Sooyoung answered, and her and Jiwoo gave the counselors smug smiles. 

On the other end of the motorboat deck Hyejoo and Chaewon were ignoring all of this. They sat in the hot sun in their big t-shirts (Chaewon's MCR top borrowed from Hyejoo), talking quietly and covering up their swimsuits. 

"You know...don't you think it would be fun to go into the water?" Hyejoo said quietly. 

"Really?" Chaewon answered in surprise. Usually they didn't go into the water. "Wouldn't our shirts get all wet?" 

Hyejoo shrugged. "We could take them off. Just go in our swimsuits." 

Chaewon was really surprised, usually the two of them were too insecure for that, especially Hyejoo (she didn't even change her clothes in front of the others). But she honestly didn't mind; she was much more comfortable with the girls now than at the beginning of camp. "I wouldn't mind," she admitted.

"Me too," Hyejoo answered with a tiny smile. "You...you make me feel brave. And less insecure," Hyejoo very quietly admitted. 

"Hyejoo, you're so beautiful. You shouldn't ever feel that way," Chaewon answered breathlessly. Hyejoo fell silent for a moment, and Chaewon was shocked to see a little pink dusting her cheeks. 

"Thank you," she mumbled. "Now...are you ready?" 

Chaewon grinned. "Yeah!" They tossed over the oversized shirts and left them on the boat, counting to three and jumping into the water. They both giggled loudly, swimming around. 

"This is so nice!" Chaewon cheered. 

"Let's never avoid the water again, okay?" Hyejoo said. 

"Okay." 

Only a little further away Jungeun and Jinsoul laughed when Hyejoo and Chaewon's splashes hit them. They were hugging each other and swimming, in the water since they arrived. 

Jinsoul nuzzled into Jungeun's shoulder, thinking about camp. They had been together for over two weeks but now it felt like a lifetime, and that lifetime was the best part of Jinsoul's life thus far. She had something she wanted, no, needed to say before camp was over. But how would Jungeun feel about it? 

"Jinsoul, can I tell you a secret?" Jungeun mumbled into her skin. Jinsoul smiled softly and nodded, knowing that phrase wasn't a scary thing any more. 

"Of course." 

Jungeun hummed and shyly looked away. "I...I love you," she very quietly admitted. 

Immediately, Jinsoul squealed and hugged her girlfriend even tighter, pecking her lips over and over again. "What?" Jungeun whined. 

"I was just gonna tell you the same thing! I love you too!" Jinsoul cheered. 

"Really?" Jungeun asked, grinning from ear to ear. 

"Really!" Jinsoul cheered back, and they pulled each other somehow even closer for even more kisses.