Flickering Emotions.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Flickering Emotions.

 

 

Hayoon massaged her eyes, finally able to look away from the multiple screens in the production control room. Exiting the said room, she approached the stage where Soojung was practicing her lines, preparing for her duty as the new Music Bank MC.

 

With the number of people from her undergraduate days popping back in her life, Hayoon could not help but wonder if she should ready herself for the sudden appearance of a certain Park Chanyeol knocking at her door in the middle of the night, begging for her to not let him go.

 

Pinching her arm, Hayoon snapped herself back to reality. After all, she was already busy enough without the need to worry about matters of the past. Looking around, she failed to find Sehun but instead noticed Soojung approaching her, her usual dazzling smile hanging on her face.

 

“Hey Hayoon.” The star widened her grin. “Grab a coffee with me? My treat.”

 

Nodding, Hayoon followed Soojung out into the hallways where a vending machine was located. Throwing a few coins in the machine, Soojung ordered the drinks while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

 

“Am I making you feel awkward?” Soojung hummed under her breath, giving Hayoon a shy glance.

 

“Nothing of the sort,” Hayoon mumbled though she was not confident of her answer. “It’s just been a while. I didn’t know if you would want to talk to me.”

 

“I’ve had time to reflect on what happened,” Soojung mused. “And really, I may have regrets but, having you as one of my closest friends was never one of them.”

 

Hayoon lowered her gaze, staring at the drink in her hand, a nostalgic but bitter smile threatened to overtake her face. Blinking rapidly, she cleared before looking at the girl in front of her.

 

“We’ve had some good times.” Seeing Soojung’s equally nostalgic smile, Hayoon added. “I think I saw you a few weeks ago, during your company’s party. I didn’t manage to catch you though.”

 

“Oh my god so it was you!” Soojung exclaimed, a look of recognition flickering in her eyes. “I totally thought that I had imagined it, I mean, I swear I saw you and someone who looked like Yixing, so I thought my brain was playing tricks on me or something.”

 

“Actually that was Yixing. He’s working as music producer at SM.”

 

“You’re kidding.” Soojung’s eyes widened in disbelief. “Unbelievable, and he said nothing to me, didn't even get in touch!”

 

Scratching her jaw awkwardly, Hayoon bit her lip while her eyes drifted around.

 

“I think I was the only one he contacted. By default that extended to Baek, and then Sehun and Jongin met him too. Wendy as well actually.”

 

“Aw man, so I was the only one left out,” Soojung whined cutely. “Wait, Wendy? As in the Wendy who had a major crush on Baek Wendy?”

 

“The one and only.” Hayoon nodded. “She joined the same theatre company as Baek and they’ve been spending a lot of time together. Sehun is not letting Baek live it down.”

 

Soojung let out a hearty chuckle, her body relaxing and letting go of the usual composed actress aura that she always wore. This allowed Hayoon to finally catch a glimpse of the haughty but silly girl that she had befriended back in their undergraduate days. Gazing softly at the girl, Hayoon felt a sense of motherly pride swoon through her.

 

“You look happy.”

 

The star stopped chuckling. Tilting her head and looking at Hayoon, she allowed her eyes to unravel her, trying to read the girl in front of her.

 

“You do too. You seem much more at ease with life.” After a slight pause however, she continued. “I do sense just a hint of conflict in you though. Dare I say boy problem?”

 

“You’ve talked Sehun haven’t you,” Hayoon replied without missing a beat, a look of horror in her eyes at the thought of Sehun and Soojung plotting together.

 

“I overheard a phone call he was having. From the whiny sounds emitted from the phone, he was probably talking to Baek.” Throwing Hayoon a knowing smirk, Soojung leaned against the wall behind her. “So, our dear Hayoon is finally growing up.”

 

“It’s nothing,” Hayoon grumbled. “It’ll die down soon.”

 

Hearing this Soojung frowned. Placing her hands on Hayoon’s shoulders and she shook her slightly.

 

“You better not be running away from you feelings again,” Soojung chided. “Goddammit Hayoon, be selfish. Face your emotions. Don’t lose your chance at happiness.”


“What if there is no place for romance in my search for happiness?”

 

“Stop speaking nonsense. It is up to you to grab it and make it your happiness.”

 

The two girls remained frozen in position, staring at each other, neither willing or daring to break the contact.

 

A sudden squeal of excitement and familiar blond head however, unwittingly intruded in the moment.

 

“OMG, Jung Soojung? I’m such a fan!” Jackson exclaimed, biting his fist to hold back a scream of excitement. “Goddammit Hayoon, how are you friends with all these cool people?”

 

・・・

 

By the time Hayoon left KBS to head back home, the moon was already high up in the sky. Sehun had gone clubbing with some colleagues, leaving her to walk home by herself. He tried to invite Hayoon along but the girl cringed uncomfortably at the mere thought of loud music and sweaty bodies.

 

Exhaling loudly, Hayoon wrapped her coat around her tightly, scolding herself for forgetting her scarf when she left the house in the morning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter