Wrong Place, Wrong Time.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Wrong Place, Wrong Time.

 

 

“Where has Baek been disappearing off to these days?” Jongin yawned, shuffling out of his bedroom, his hair still messy from having just woken up.

 

Looking up from the book she was reading, Hayoon stretched out her legs across the sofa, reaching for her cup of tea.

 

“Wendy.”

 

“Huh,” Jongin let out an unsurprised huff.

 

Lifting Hayoon’s legs, the tan male plopped himself on the sofa, dropping her legs over his.

 

“How long do you think before they become official?”

 

Hayoon took a sip of her tea, careful not to burn her tongue. Letting out a satisfied hum, she leaned her head against the back of the sofa, giving Jongin a lazy stare.

 

“Who knows, Wendy is still paranoid that she is reading too much into it.”

 

“Seriously?” Jongin raised an eyebrow in disbelief, taking Hayoon’s mug from her hands and stealing a big gulp of her tea.

 

“Yah make your own,” the girl protested but otherwise did nothing to stop him.

 

Both of them were two tired to do anything. With the flat so quiet and peaceful, it was the perfect Sunday to be lazying around all day long and do nothing.

 

Tapping his fingers rhythmically along Hayoon’s leg, Jongin stared at the girl, his expression unreadable, eyes hidden by his hair.

 

“Your hair has grown a lot,” Hayoon mused, the tips of her fingers grazing Jongin’s fringe that draped over his eyes.

 

Jongin closed his eyes and instinctively snuggled into the palm of her hand, yearning for her tender touch and the warmth of her body.

 

“You think so?” He whispered into her palm, his lips barely touching her skin, a low purr emitting from his chest.

 

Hayoon froze, her shoulders tensing as she sensed an unfamiliar shift in the male’s behaviour. Jongin had always been a hopeless puppy that loved to cuddle yes, but there was something invasively intimate in his actions just now. Too intimate for Hayoon to ignore. Noticing the girl’s tension, Jongin’s eyes fluttered open, his eyelashes tickling Hayoon's fingers. Hayoon attempted to retract her hand but Jongin prevented her from doing so, laying his cheek against the back of the sofa, trapping her hand in the middle.

 

The male kept his eyes on Hayoon, unwilling to release her from his gaze. Hayoon let out a haggard breath, a layer of cold sweat forming on the palms of her hands. Jongin’s gaze fell on her lips and by instinct, he his own lips. Hayoon immediately turned her face away, biting her lips and lowering her head to hide behind her hair.

 

The sound of fumbling keys against the door lock jolted the two, distracting Jongin and giving Hayoon the chance to reclaim her hand. Retracting her legs as well, Hayoon shrunk herself into the furthest corner of the sofa just as Sehun had swung the door open using the spare key he had, announcing his arrival.

 

“Sup people?”

 

The smug male sauntered into the room, coming to an immediate halt when he sensed the friction in the room. Hayoon had consciously reduced herself to a tiny ball, distancing herself from Jongin.

 

Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed for a millisecond before a forcing a lop-sided grin on his face, casually squeezing himself in the middle, pushing Jongin to the side. With Sehun’s presence shutting out Jongin’s, Hayoon visibly relaxed, her limbs loosening as her knees dropped sideways, leaning against Sehun’s arm.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter