I need you

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekends were never particularly Mark’s favourite. It meant spending more time at home i.e. spending more time with his parents. Ever since he was really young he was used to his parents not being around, they were always working or out doing who knows what. Even though as a child he had begged them on so many occasions to spend more time with him as a teenager he would rather jump off a building than spend longer than 20 minutes with them in the same room. The only person he could depend on in the family was his older brother but he wasn’t always there to shield Mark, now that he was 600 miles away from home.

The one thing he didn’t need right now were two pairs of judgemental eyes on him. It was only 11 on a Sunday morning and his parents had already interrupted him thrice while he tried his very best to finish an assignment that was due in a few days. Even if they meant it in good spirit Mark couldn’t find it more annoying. He was distant and cut off, he liked keeping to himself and suddenly showering him with unwanted affection at the age of 18 wasn’t going to change a part of his personality.

Mark wanted out of the house but chose against it as he saw his dad leave the house from his room window that was right beside his desk. His mother was never as bothersome as his dad and actually gave him the only speck of parental affection he was aware of. He got up from his desk and locked his door before sitting on his bed with his phone in his hand. He held the phone in his hand wondering whom to call, Jisung was most probably talking to or with Chenle and he really didn’t feel like talking to Lucas after everything that happened during the school week.

He twirled his phone in his hands for a minute before unlocking his phone and going straight to facetime. He sat with his back to the headboard fixing his hair slightly as he waited for the reciprocator to pick up his call. He really hoped he would. After about 30 seconds of the phone ringing a voice finally spoke up from the other line. The loud voice screaming his name made him flinch as he looked at the huge smile that was displayed on his older brother’s face. His puffy eyes made it clear that he had woken up just moments ago.

“Did I wake you up?” Mark asked his mood getting instantly lifted when Johnny shook his head.

“I woke up like an hour ago, and then spent the last hour on my bed looking at random youtube videos.” Johnny said sitting up in his bed facing the bedstead.

“This is the result of stress.” Johnny said pointing to the red eye bags under his eyes having noticed what Mark was looking at.

“That too?” Mark asked gesturing towards the rest of the room which looked plenty disoriented from just how little he could see.

“Yes.” Johnny deadpanned nodding his head while attempting to cover the view of his room with his shoulders, which made Mark burst into a loud laugh. If anyone had the ability to lift his spirits up it would be Johnny, though momentarily.

“How are mom and dad?” Johnny asked after the laughter died down.

“They’re there usual selves, you know?” Mark said shrugging. Johnny could clearly tell Mark wasn’t into the conversation and tried to change it by bringing up a new one.

“How’s Haechan?” Johnny asked after a second of thinking, raising his brows mockingly.

“Umm... he’s fine.” Mark said looking even more morose than before.
“Is something wrong?” Johnny asked as the concerned brother in him jumped out.

“No, nothing’s wrong” Mark quickly answered shaking his head. He didn’t want to burden Johnny with his petty issues; he probably had enough of his own.

“Hey you know you can tell me anything right? I may be in a different city but I’ll still always be here for you.” Johnny said concern written all over his face.

“We just... we had a fight.” Mark said heaving out a sigh.

“About what?”

“It’s complicated” Mark said trying to avoid talking about Haechan any further.

“You’re okay right?” Johnny asked understanding the situation at hand.

“Mom and dad aren’t bothering you too much are they?” Johnny asked trying to lighten the atmosphere.

“Mom keeps interrupting my ‘me time’ a lot more often, now that she can’t yell at you anymore but otherwise its pretty okay. I only have about a whole year left until I get to leave for college.” Mark said rolling his eyes and leaning his head on the headboard.

“Well let me tell you this life gets a lot better in college.” Johnny said giving Mark a reassuring smile.

“Of course it does” Mark said wondering how life after High School would be like for him.

“Everyone’s a lot less judgemental. Probably cause half of us are either addicted to coffee or drugs.” Johnny said putting his weight on his other free hand.

“Which one are you?” Mark asked.

He could see Johnny’s face leave the frame as he went to grab something probably from his bedside table. He came into Mark’s line of vision again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter