One step forward

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghyuck sometimes really wished he was a single child as he was repeatedly being hit by a dolphin plushie while Donghyuck was doing the dishes or at least trying to do the dishes. He stopped what he was doing momentarily to glare at her as a warning which only made matters worse as she continued hitting him with it with the aggression of a small dog; after all she was his sister. He was almost used to it by now but that didn’t stop him from wanting to suffocate her or himself once in a while.

The little devil of a human being had way too much energy for such an ungodly hour. He was sure his parents had already gone to bed expecting Dae Hee to have slept already. He finishes up in the kitchen and heads up towards his bedroom closing the kitchen and living room lights in the process. He heard a slightly muffled ‘Hey’ from his sister who was still stuffing her face with cereal in the kitchen as he entered his room.

Donghyuck wasn’t really tired yet, but he knew he would regret it if he didn’t get at least a few hours of sleep in before the early morning torment starts. He took his phone off charge from his night stand and slipped into his bed. His daily routine or more like his daily unhealthy habit usually just consisted of him getting in bed and scrolling through instagram until he fell asleep.

Donghyuck switches off his bedroom lights and switched on his phone to find his friends group alight with new messages that he knew he wouldn’t check until the next morning. He felt tired even before he opened his phone. There were several dm’s from his friends and notifications for new posts. He chose to clear them away for now, because he knew if he went on that horrid app he wouldn’t be able to sleep at all. He chose to just listen to music and try sleeping when his phone buzzed indicating that someone was calling him.

He picked up the call without even looking at the caller ID. He expected it to be one of his friends who were either calling to vent or scream at him either of which he wasn’t going to pay much attention to. The moment he put the phone to his ears he was met with a

“Hey, are you still up?”

“I don’t think I would have been able to pick up the call if I wasn’t.” Donghyuck retorts settling into his bed.

“I just hope I didn’t wake you up?” came a delicate voice from the other side.

He had never heard any of his friends talk this way which made him check the name of the person calling. What he did not expect was the word Nana to be displayed on his phone as he fumbled to say anything at all.

“You there?” Jaemin asked as the conversation went silent.

“Yeah, um...... Hi” Donghyuck said getting a little nervous even though Jaemin couldn’t even see him.

“Hi, I couldn’t sleep so I thought I’d call you. Unless you want to go to sleep and....”

“No, I couldn’t sleep either.” Donghyuck says interrupting Jaemin’s rant mid sentence.

“Great, I don’t think my excitement is going to let me sleep anyways.”

                     

                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

They ended up talking until almost four in the morning when Donghyuck just couldn’t focus on Jaemin’s words anymore no matter how sweet they sounded in his ears. Turns out talking to Jaemin on the phone all night is one of the best and worst decisions he has ever made. He got to catch up with Jaemin about everything that took place in the three years they were apart; on the other hand it looked like he wouldn’t be getting that much needed rest today.

He got up with a tired grunt and decided he would just take a nap when he comes back home in the afternoon. Heading downstairs he hurriedly slips on his sneakers as he opens his front door to find Jeno sitting in the driver’s seat of his car scrolling through his phone waiting for Donghyuck. Ever since last year when Jeno received his driving licence as well as the privilege to drive his elder sisters car that had been sitting in their garage since she lef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter