Forever

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The place felt quiet, too quiet compared to the erratic beating of his heart and the loud pounding in his head that made it impossible for him to form a single rational thought. Setting foot on the untrimmed grass he bent down slightly, hands on his knees as he drew in quick breaths hoping it insatiate his lungs. Mark looked up to see the familiar glass panes that still held scratches from the last time he was there taking in another deep breath to stabilize himself.

-

The days seemed to go by excruciating slow and extremely fast at the same time as Donghyuck tried his best not to think about anything or anyone, which was harder than he had expected as his mind wandered off to a certain brunette who was the last person he wanted to think about at that moment. He’s pretty sure he’s been on his bed for so long soon enough its going to him in. His parents had no idea why his mood had suddenly hit rock bottom and why the only thing he wanted to do was stay curled up in his bed but they were too afraid to ask and so was Dae hee who had tried to go into her brothers’ room to comfort him and come out needing to be comforted herself. It was most probably the first time she had been yelled at by him with that much seriousness, safe to say she didn’t dare go back in there. Donghyuck felt awful for getting mad at his sister when she only wanted the best for him but he couldn’t find it in himself to apologize or even leave his room for longer than 2 minutes before retreating to the comfort of his bed.

He spent the last hour and half looking at his ceiling, his mind wandering to the most meaningless of things, his phone was somewhere in his room but he hadn’t bothered to look at it for the last few days. He didn’t want to see the countless texts from his friends asking him how he was or worse the ones Mark and Jaemin had sent. Donghyuck rubbed his eyes with the palm of his hands when a faint sound of something hitting glass echoed through his room barely audible over the loud talking of the rest of his family who were still downstairs. He looked towards his left one hand still on his face as he watched a small rock or maybe a pebble, he couldn’t quite tell fly towards the glass panes in his balcony. Watching the familiar site made something in his stomach churn hoping with half a heart it wasn’t the person he thought it was.

Donghyuck got up from his bed cursing slightly at the contact between his bare feet and the cold floor. He rushed towards the glass doors sliding it open just in time for another one of the small stones to make its way just above his head going into his room and landing just a few feet away from his bed. He could hear the small stones falling on the ground as he made his way to the edge of the balcony looking down to see a very disheveled looking Mark downstairs, his hands covered with dirt which he tried to get rid of by wiping his hands on his lower torso.

“Hey” Mark called out his voice softer than either of them had anticipated his eyes found Mark’s and even though his still sleepy brain had alarms blaring in it he couldn’t quite get himself to loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter