Long Shot

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The cafeteria was bustling with students as usual. Some were sitting on top of the tables while some made their way outside towards the ground. Jaemin wanted to confront Donghyuck, he wanted to give Donghyuck the benefit of the doubt. A part of him didn’t want to believe what he saw was true. Jaemin was lost in his own thoughts as he took a seat beside Jeno who gave him a small smile. Jaemin put up a smile on his face trying to be his usual cheery self when he saw Renjun and Chenle take a seat across him.

 

“Where’s Donghyuck?” Renjun asked looking at the empty seat beside Jaemin.

 

“I don’t know” Jeno said dismissing the question as he took a bite of his sandwich.

 

Jaemin looked towards the entrance wondering why Donghyuck wasn’t there yet when he saw him entering the cafeteria. Donghyuck walked towards them with a smile on his face as he placed a peck on Jaemin’s cheeks before sitting down next to him. Jaemin subconsciously smiled when Donghyuck scooted closer to him putting his hand over his. His smile turned into a frown when he looked back again to see Mark entering barely seconds after Donghyuck had. He looked at Donghyuck once again noticing the creases on the t-shirt and the puffiness of his lips which would go unnoticed by him if he didn’t look   closely. He could feel the anger burning inside him as he pulled his hand away from Donghyuck’s touch.

 

He tried to play it off by taking a long sip of his water. Donghyuck looked visibly taken aback by Jaemin’s sudden movement but didn’t say anything about it. Donghyuck looked towards his right to where Mark was sitting alone, Mark smiled back at him when their eyes met for a brief second. He raised his hand and patted a part of his head. Donghyuck raised his own hand and touched his hair in the exact place Mark touched his own. He looked back and received a small nod in return from Mark who looked away when Lucas arrived at their table.

 

“Hey guys” Chenle said gaining their attention before continuing “You don’t mind if Jisung comes and sits with us right?”

 

“Are his friends coming too?” Renjun asks with a frown on his face.

 

“Yeah” Chenle said with a duh tone of voice.

 

“Of course” Jeno spoke up before Renjun had the chance to say anything

 

“We have to meet them some day” Jeno said looking at Renjun whose frown only got bigger.

 

“Great” Chenle exclaimed sending a text message to Jisung before hugging Renjun’s arm to lighten up his mood which by the look on his face he was not enjoying.

 

Ever since him and Mark sorted things out he was a lot less anxious now. Mark had agreed to never talk about Jaemin when they were together and to keep their relationship a secret, yet he could feel his palms getting sweaty just at the thought of the both of them being in close proximity. Jaemin was only being able to keep his calm by not thinking about Mark and Donghyuck which would be much harder now that he would be sitting in front of him. He made circles on his knees trying to calm himself down when he saw Jisung approaching them with his two other friends right behind him.

 

Jisung sat down beside Chenle while Mark and Lucas pulled a chair from a nearby table to sit at the circular table. The table felt a lot smaller now that it was accommodating eight people instead of five. Mark was sitting to the right of Donghyuck while Lucas, the biggest amongst all of them was squished in between Jisung and Mark.

 

Jaemin could see Jeno talking out of the corner of his eyes but the only thing he could focus on was Mark. Seeing him this close now he had to agree even if he didn’t want to the guy was in actuality quite attractive, his sharp features and doe eyes complimented his face perfectly. Looking at him and thinking back to the day before made Jaemin feel incredibly insecure. He looked away from him and looked towards Jisung who had an arm on Chenle’s shoulder, whispering something into his ears. He wished he could focus on the two adorable love birds in front of him but the only thing running though his mind was the events of yesterday.

 

“And this is Jaemin”

 

Jaemin was brought out of his thoughts when he heard his name being called by Jeno who was introducing everyone. Jaemin could feel Donghyuck’s eyes prying on him, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that he wasn’t being hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter