Opening Up

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghyuck stepped into the marble-floored cafe announcing his entry with the little ding of the bell hanging by the entrance. The place was almost empty except for a few customers one of whom was working on their laptop in one far corner near the floor length window while the other was a couple holding hands over the table while they talked in a hushed tone. Donghyuck took a seat a few tables that wasn’t much far from the door, so that he could be easily recognized. Not that it would be an issue since there were exactly six people in the 90s themed cafe including the servers.

Donghyuck ordered a simple Iced Americano for himself as he waited calmly in the booth with shiny new leather seats that looked completely out of place with the rest of the blue decor. Donghyuck tapped his fingers on the table, his other hand scrolling through his phone when he heard the chime of the bell by the door. He slipped his phone in his front pocket as Jeno slipped into the booth across from him giving him a small smile.

“What’s up” Jeno asks making himself comfortable in the somewhat cramped booth with just enough leg space.

“Everything okay?” He adds putting his hands on the table when no response comes from Donghyuck who was currently massaging his fingers.

“I just felt like we haven’t really spent a lot of time together this year” Donghyuck says sitting upright to look less nervous.

“Yeah, me too. I feel like we haven’t gotten a break since school started” Jeno chirps out giving Donghyuck his trademark eye smile that accentuated all his best features.

“I just also needed someone to talk to” Donghyuck lets out heaving out a sigh as he tries to wear a somewhat sincere smile on his face. Jeno simply nods putting all of his attention on the boy in front of him who was visibly sweating as he started to speak.

-

Three cups of coffee each and practically a whole meal later Donghyuck and Jeno sat at the same booth head in their hands as Donghyuck kept narrating his complicated love life that Jeno wonders why he didn’t have the slightest clue of until this very day. The cafe was now filled with a few more people that had come in during their conversation while the ones who were here before them were long gone.

“Am I a horrible person?” Donghyuck asked ending his recital.

“Yes, yes you are” Jeno replied unabashed as he saw Donghyuck hang his head even lower into the palm of his hands.

“What the hyuck”

“I know” Donghyuck utters running his hands through his hair partly in frustration and partly out of sheer guilt.

“Who else have you told about this?” Jeno asks leaning back into the somewhat uncomfortable booth.

“No one” Donghyuck said breathing out a sigh.

“So Jaemin has absolutely no clue?” Jeno questions to which Donghyuck simply shakes his head in response.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter