Out of the closet

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He blinked a few times when he was engulfed into a tight, wet hug. The water from Mark’s drenched clothes dripped down to the floor as he clutched onto the back of Donghyuck’s collar, his face fixed at the nape of his neck. The rain was now beating harder against the house as a wave of light flashed across the sky followed by a loud rumbling sound.

“Ma-ark what happened?” Donghyuck asked a little taken aback as he felt the tears fall at the crook of his neck. Mark only held on tighter when he felt Donghyuck’s arms wrap around him burying his face further into the side of his neck.

“Is everything okay?” Donghyuck asked the older boys back as he shook his head in response.

“I hate my parents” Mark quietly mumbled into Donghyuck’s shoulder before lightly pushing him away. He could clearly see the worry and confusion etched on Donghyuck’s face when he moved away from him, taking a seat on the couch.

“What happened?”

“I came out to them” Mark says after clearing his throat

“I think you can tell how it went” He added motioning towards himself.

Mark ran a hand through his slightly wet hair before leaning back on the sofa. His shirt was sticking to his torso while the leather jacket he was sporting did little to shield him from the cold weather. Donghyuck breathed out a sigh as he looked down to see his own crinkled shirt with multiple splotches on them. He closed the front door lightly before moving closer to where Mark was.

“How’d you get so wet?” Donghyuck asked putting his hand on Mark’s puffy face covered in rainwater and now slightly dried tears.

“I parked a little far cause there was no empty spot nearby” Mark croaked out relaxing into Donghyuck’s touch. The feeling of absolute panic and hurt that seemed to dominate his mind just moments ago started to subside just a little when Donghyuck sat down beside him, holding Mark close to his chest without asking any further questions, giving him the choice to either continue talking or simply seek comfort in his touch.

“I don’t know what I expected to be honest, why did I even tell them? I knew they wouldn’t be accepting...” Mark uttered resting his head on Donghyuck’s shoulder feeling the wet patch formed by his tears stick to the side of his face.

“But you wanted them to be” Donghyuck completed the sentence looking down at the boy clinging onto him.

“Of course I wanted them to be” Mark quietly voiced out fidgeting with the bottom hem of Donghyuck’s t-shirt.

“What did they say?” Donghyuck asked focusing on Mark’s expression hoping he hadn’t crossed a line.

“You know the usual” Mark said sitting up straight with his hands joined in front of him before adding

“You’re too young to know....

You can’t like both men and women....”

“And the worst of all.... It’s not right” Mark finished hanging his head in his hands.

“I’m sorry” Donghyuck said in a soft voice consoling him by rubbing his back lightly.

“It’s fine. At least I know Johnny doesn’t hate me” Mark said taking off his jacket, revealing the back of his white t-shirt that was completely untouched by water.

“I’m sure they don’t hate you”

“I wouldn’t be here if they didn’t” Mark spit out with clenched teeth.

“They didn’t kick me out or anything it’s just I couldn’t stay there while they debated my existence” Mark answered running a hand through his messy hair.

“If you knew they were going to react

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter