Rooftop Getaway

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was glowing softly, the crisp autumn air blew by ruffling some tree leaves along the way. Donghyuck was currently sitting on his desk chair in front of his bedroom window with his morning coffee, enjoying the calmness that was brought along with the wind. Though there was all kinds of noises coming from the kitchen where the rest of his family was, in that moment it was just him in the world. He inclined back in his chair momentarily closing his eyes as he enjoyed the cool breeze on his face.

 

Donghyuck brought the coffee up to his face taking a sip from it when a foreign sound distracted him. It was small and almost inaudible. Donghyuck got up from his seat once it sounded again; it was as if someone was knocking on his window. He set his cup of coffee on his desk as he saw a small stone out of the corner of his eyes hit the glass panes that open up to the balcony. Donghyuck slid the glass doors open to be faced with another small stone that came right towards his face. He luckily dodged it as well as catching the next one that came his way.

 

“What the hell Toronto” Donghyuck said looking down to see Mark with a bunch of little stones in one hand while the other threw them upwards.

 

“What? I was trying to be romantic. Romeo-Juliet style.” Mark said dropping all of the pebbles and dusting his hands.

 

“First of all that’s not what happened” Donghyuck said gesturing towards Mark and the glass doors. “Second of all you do realize Romeo died at the end of the play though right?” Donghyuck adjoined leaning on the edge of the balcony.

 

“He died for true love” Mark said putting his closed fists on over his heart.

 

“He knew her for 3 days”

 

“That’s besides the point” Mark said dismissing Donghyuck’s words as he placed himself right under the balcony.

 

“What are you doing here?” Donghyuck asks not once breaking the eye contact between them.

 

“Well.....” Mark pulled out a single stemmed rose from his back pocket raising it above his head as he started to kneel on one knee.

 

“MARK” Donghyuck yelled covering his face with his hands.

 

Mark got back up on his feet laughing loudly. Donghyuck hated clichés and he loved annoying Donghyuck.

 

“Okay, I was bored.” Mark said after a while

 

“Would you do me the honour of eating junk food with me?” Mark said slightly bowing before throwing the flower towards Donghyuck.

 

“Why can’t ask one of your other friends?” Donghyuck asked catching the rose with one hand.

 

“I could it’s just that I prefer you”

 

“Fine” Donghyuck said shaking his head.

 

“Just don’t do stuff like this again” Donghyuck added motioning to the current situation by waving the rose around.

 

“No promises” Mark said crossing his fingers while making kissy faces at Donghyuck.

 

Donghyuck rolls his eyes putting the rose on the desk beside his coffee as he grabs a jacket from his wardrobe, heading downstairs. Donghyuck waved a simple goodbye to his parents hurrying to wear his shoes and making his way outside, double checking to make sure he doesn’t forget his phone. Mark was still standing under his balcony when Donghyuck came outside making his way towards where Mark was.

 

“Hey” Donghyuck said slipping on the jacket in his hand.

 

“Hey” Mark repeated adjusting the collars of the black jacket with pins attached to it that Donghyuck had hastily worn.

 

Donghyuck eyed Mark his eyes travelling down his face, he leaned forward taking Mark’s lips into his briefly before biting his own lip.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter