One step forward Two steps back

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The pavement heated up as noon approached, the scorching sun a stark contrast to the cool weather inside Donghyuck’s house which was cold enough for him to wear a sweatshirt in mid July. Saturdays were usually a relaxing time for him because none of his family were home during the day time. But today was definitely much more stressful than he had anticipated it to be. Donghyuck had promised Mark that he would end things with Jaemin but even as he waited with bated breath with a half prepared speech in his head he felt a pit at the bottom of his stomach grow. He knew he had to do it, he just didn’t know how to.

Donghyuck kept pacing around the living room as he waited for a knock on the front door. While he was fidgeting with his fingers he realized how it had almost become a ritual for them to meet every week at his house cuddled in front of the sofa watching a new movie or binging a show and it was the one day of the week he always looked forward to. Donghyuck took in a deep breath and shook his head trying to calm his nerves.

His attention was quickly diverted when he heard steps on the other side of the door. He rushed over to the entrance and opened the door to reveal Jaemin with his hand in a fist suspended in front of him. He smiled his usual bright smile as he stepped closer to Donghyuck and placed a small peck on his lip. Jaemin smelled like cherries and coke and everything about him screamed comfort.

Every inch of Donghyuck wanted to go in for another kiss but he stopped himself and instead shut the door as he watched Jaemin walk over to the couch in the middle of the room. Donghyuck didn’t know why but he could already feel a smile creeping up his face when he saw Jaemin excitedly talk about his day. He watched as Jaemin ped his hoodie and pulled out a pack of chips from within showing it off to Donghyuck as if it was a prize and then hugging it closer.

“I thought we could be nostalgic today” Jaemin said pulling a pack of pocky sticks from his back pocket the smile on his face never once faltering.

“How is this nostalgic I eat it every day” Donghyuck said settling down on the couch in front of him with both of his feet up.

“First of all that’s super unhealthy and second of all... Sleepovers” Jaemin uttered reaching in his front pocket to pull out another snack and throwing all of it on Donghyuck’s lap.

“How many did you bring?” Donghyuck asked trying to sound annoyed but the smile on his face only grew bigger.

“I have more in the car” Jaemin bluntly stated pointing towards where his car was parked right outside the house.

“Do you want me to go get it?” he asked taking of his hoodie completely.

“Are you really asking me that question?” Is all Donghyuck says giving him an uninterested look.

“I’ll be right back”

Donghyuck followed Jaemin with his eyes thinking back to their pre adolescent times when they used to have sleepovers almost all the time. It was an unsaid rule among them that no matter whose house it took place in, the other would be r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter