Oasis

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time seemed to be going both fast and slow at the same time and even though weekends could be a burden sometimes because of all the homework assigned to them. Donghyuck couldn’t wait to spend time relaxing with his friends. He was already ready and waiting in his living room the moment Jaemin texted him letting him know that he had left his house. Donghyuck would have been happy just staying at home watching movies staying cuddled under the sheets but since Jaemin seemed excited to take him out he couldn’t help but agree.

 

“Why are you up so early?” Dae hee asked sitting at the table beside Donghyuck rubbing her eyes.

 

“It’s 9 am” Donghyuck answered bluntly looking up from his phone.

 

“On a Saturday”

 

“I..I’m going on a date” Donghyuck said looking through his dm’s from his friends.

 

“With Mark?” Donghyuck’s sister asked her eyes lighting up even though drowsiness was still evident on her face.

 

Donghyuck was going to say ‘No’ when he looked back up again at his sister deciding she didn’t deserve to be in the middle of all of this. He simply nodded watching her getting up from the chair to grab her breakfast from the counter.

 

“Tell him I say Hi or whatever teenagers say nowadays.” Dae hee said making her way to her room while taking a bite of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

 

“What are you forty?” Donghyuck said watching Dae hee close her room door ignoring him.

 

Donghyuck looked down at his phone seeing a text message pop up on his lockscreen alerting him that Jaemin was waiting outside.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Donghyuck looked out of the window following the trees that passed by with his eyes, Jaemin refused to tell him where they were going and honestly he was a little restless to know. They were definitely outside of the city now seeing that the number of buildings had reduced to almost none. They had been in the car for almost an hour now; Jaemin still had his eyes fixed on the curvy road the sides of the which were filled with shrubs and creepers. Just sitting in the moving car holding Jaemin’s hand, feeling the autumn breeze on his face was more than anything he could ask for. Every second spent with Jaemin just seemed to be wonderful no matter what they were doing. Jaemin brought Donghyuck’s hand up to his face to plant a kiss on it making Donghyuck’s heart skip a beat, his face turning red from such a simple action which usually never happened.

 

“I did not sign up for any sort of physical activity” Donghyuck said getting out of the car seeing the trail that lead inside the woods.

 

“It’s just a five minute walk” Jaemin said getting out of the parked car followed by Donghyuck.

 

“On an inclined plane” Donghyuck said gesticulation with his hands.

 

“Just trust me. If I know you at all, you’ll love it” Jaemin said pulling Donghyuck by the hand.

 

Donghyuck smiled his usual happy smile holding onto Jaemin’s arm as he leads them towards the destination. Donghyuck moved closer towards Jaemin hiding behind him when he spotted a beehive on a tree. Moving away right after to save what was left of his self esteem. The path was barely big enough to hold two people and if it wasn’t broad daylight he would never willingly come here.

 

“This place is really creepy” Donghyuck said bending slightly to avoid being hit in the face by a branch.

 

“How?” Jaemin asked moving his hand to hold Donghyuck closer by the waist.

 

“This is like the perfect place to kill someone and bury their corpse” Donghyuck said looking around at the foliage.

 

“Oh my god. Are you about to murder me?” Donghyuck asked stopping in his track, placing a hand over his chest for dramatic effect.

 

“No” Jaemin deadpanned giving him an unamused look.

 

“You’re no fun” Donghyuck said walking ahead leaving Jaemin to follow behind.

 

The place seemed to clear up the further they walked, it was quiet and calm, it reminded him of his time spent playing in his grandparents back yard. Donghyuck looked to his right to see a blanket spread out near a tree with two baskets in each corner probably to ensure the blanket didn’t move. He never thought Jaemin was the sappy romantic types but he’d be lying if he said he didn’t absolutely love it.

 

“HEY” a voice yelled from behind him making Donghyuck jump back in surprise. He turned back to see Chenle hand in hand with Jisung who was smiling while looking at the joy on Chenle’s face. Jaemin chuckled quietly as Chenle pulled Donghyuck into a hug before making his way towards the tree under which the picnic baskets were kept.

 

“I thought this would be kind of perfect for a double date. I hope you don’t mind I called them too.” Jaemin said walking closer to Donghyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter