The course of true love never did run smooth

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Edit: Okay so I didnt even realize I didnt post the story and just the note cause I usually just write them together in a word document so sorry to those who read it thats why im posting it in a different chapter so you dont miss the chapter

The day seemed gloomier than usual, the gray clouds gathered above them covering the sun from view. A bolt of lightning flashed in the sky followed by a loud rumble signalling the onset of a rainstorm. Donghyuck felt like the world was complementing his mood as he looked out the window at the puddles of rainwater from last night’s shower. He pulled his hoodie on top of his head as they neared the school entrance worried it may get drenched even before he enters first period. Donghyuck sat up in alert when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he immediately took it out with a little bit of discomfort since he was still wearing the seatbelt and he always kept his phone in his back pocket. He flipped it around to see a notification for a text message sent by Renjun which simply read

 

Renjun:
You two better be coming
I’ll kill you if you make me go through 2 hours of PE alone

 

Donghyuck closed his phone putting it in his jacket pocket instead. He had tried calling and texting Mark but received radio silence in return. He did feel guilty about what he did, he hadn’t expected Mark to ever find out about it and what he doesn’t know can’t hurt him. Donghyuck looked out the window once again, a single droplet trickling down the side of it. His attention was only brought back to reality when Jeno switched off the radio, stepping out of the car. Donghyuck followed behind closely still deep in thought about what he was supposed to do next.

“You okay?” Jeno asked coming closer to Donghyuck, wrapping an arm over his shoulder as he peeked under his hood to get a look at his face.

“Uhm” Donghyuck muttered nodding his head, his eyes still fixed on the ground. There were a hundred things clouding his mind and a part of him didn’t even want to see Mark. He never wanted to hurt Mark’s feelings and now that he had he didn’t know if he would be able to take it if Mark just stopped being his usual self around him.

 

-

 

The hall was practically full as a few more students poured in wearing their sports uniforms which was blue and white with the school logo on one corner of it. While everyone was either busy complaining about the weather and how they can’t play outside or just chatting with their friends Donghyuck found himself looking at the entrance waiting for a certain someone to enter.

“Hellooo” Chenle called out waving his hand in front of his friends face.

Donghyuck blinked a few times focusing his attention on Chenle, who kept snapping his fingers in front of the older’s face. Donghyuck held Chenle’s wrist in his hands pushing him away and pretending to be annoyed. The signature dolphin like laugh entered his ears bringing an instant smile onto his face as Renjun informed them about some random gossip he had heard recently which Donghyuck couldn’t care less about as his eyes drifted to the door again. Mark had his eyes fixed on his phone screen as he walked right past him towards Lucas who was talking to Jeno with his one arm holding onto a basketball while the other kept moving to insinuate his words.

Donghyuck kept unmindfully nodding his head at Renjun’s words, tapping his feet impatiently on the hardwood floors. Donghyuck looked back at his friends realizing they had switched to talking in Chinese and were paying him as much attention as he was paying them. He took this opportunity to slip off towards where Mark was still staring down at his phone which you weren’t even supposed to have on you during PE. Donghyuck looked at the two doorways leading inside the hall before holding Mark by the arm and waving at the other two.

“Can I borrow him for a minute?” Donghyuck asked already pulling Mark away from them towards the corridor. Jeno simply nodded while Lucas looked from Mark to Donghyuck before giving them a small nod and going back to focusing on Jeno.

“What?” Mark asked g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter