Confrontation

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghyuck felt absolutely exhausted once he reached home. He lay on his bed not even bothering to take off his shoes. More than Mark’s, Donghyuck was more afraid of hurting Jaemin’s feelings. He closed his eyes as he thought over what Lucas had said. Donghyuck wondered if Mark had really confessed that he had feelings for him or if Lucas just made that up, which would truthfully be straight up cruel, if he did.

Even though he wanted to confront Lucas about it later, right now the only person that occupied his mind was Jaemin. He took his phone out of his jacket pocket scrolling down the contact list and calling Nana’s number. He waited for him to pick up and for a moment contemplated cutting the call and just taking a power nap or something to calm himself down.

“Hello” came a voice from the other side before Donghyuck could second guess his actions any further.

“Hey, are you busy?” Donghyuck asks putting one hand under his head for more comfort.

“No, um no I’m not. What’s up?” Jaemin asks shutting the book in front of him.

“Nothing much, I just kinda miss you.” Donghyuck says sighing.

“Miss me? You met me barely hours ago.” Jaemin said letting a small laugh leave his mouth.

“I know, but I still want to see you again.” Donghyuck said sitting up on his bed, pulling the covers onto his lap.

“School starts in about 14 hours, you think you could wait until then?” Jaemin asks swirling in his desk chair.

“I’ll try but I don’t think I’ll make it.” Donghyuck said dramatically, playing with the corners of his blanket. Jaemin almost jumped back in shock when he heard his mother call out his name from downstairs.

“Hey, I think I gotta go.” Jaemin said getting up from where he was sitting to go find his possibly angered mother.

“Oh, okay.” Donghyuck said adding “Bye” with a hint of sadness in his voice. He didn’t want to be alone with his thoughts right now.

“Bye, I’ll call you. Tonight.” Jaemin said ending the phone call. Donghyuck found himself nodding even though he knew Jaemin couldn’t see him.

Donghyuck’s thoughts were interrupted when he heard someone open his bedroom door.

“Was that Mark? Tell me that was Mark.” Donghyuck’s sister said peering in to his bedroom.

“Dae hee how many times do I have to tell you, Mark and I aren’t dating.” Donghyuck let out, slightly frustrated with his sister’s weird obsession with Mark.

“Well, you should. You’d look cute together.”

“Leave.” Donghyuck said pointing towards the hallway.

“Hear me out...” Dae hee started.

“Get out.” Donghyuck finally said throwing a pillow towards her which she barely caught, holding it with both her hands.

“And stop being so nosy.” Donghyuck added pushing his sister out of his room as he closed the door and went back to his bed, lying flat on his face as the exhaustion of the day started taking over him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mark hadn’t seen or met Haechan at all the last two days. If he didn’t know better he’d think Haechan was ignoring him, seeing that he hadn’t answered any of his texts and even refused to pick up his calls. Mark didn’t have any classes he shared with Haechan today, he acts distant and aloo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter