The Some Girls

Star of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
             FLASHBACK       (HIGHSCHOOL DAYS)

 
"Psst! Guess who's calling. Haha! Of course, it's me! Pick up the phone! Pick up the phone!"

 

The phone keeps on ringing with the personalized ringtone and woke up the person who's sleeping in the room.

 

 "Hey! Yuri-ah!!! Answer your phone. It's annoying." 

 

Shouted by a lad who's now burying his head under his pillow saving his ears from the ringtone.

 

And the door of the room open with a big bang.

 

"Aiyssh! I've been looking for my phone for hours now you babo! That's what you get for being a klepto !"

Said the girl who's obviously pissed of his brother, she kicked his bed and walk away without closing the door.

 

"That's what you get for changing the wifi password."

The lad then throws his pillow attempting to hit his sister but he failed.

"Aiyyysssh!"

 

"Weaklings!" She shouted purely to annoy his brother.

And the owner of the ringtone again then called and it was answered by Yuri right a way for her not to hear the ringtone again.

 

"Ahhhh you're avoiding me... " hearing the tone of the owner of the voice, Yuri can tell that she is pouting.

Yuri looks down and rubbed the back of her neck while walking towards her room. She already has an idea of why her best friend keeps on calling her.

 

"Yuri please.. please .. please... please ? C'mon if you think about it, this can be an escape sometimes from school. I mean athletes have special treatment than ordinary students."

Said by the girl on the other line, begging for Yuri.

 

"But Hara....." Yuri was interrupted with a rebut from the other line.

*she was shaking off her body on her bed silently while listening.*

 

"PLUS! we'll be meeting lots of people or should I say hot students from other schools and we'll go places. Yuri pretty please??" sounds like the girl will never take "No" as an answer.

 

"okay fine! But this is just one shot, okay? If we'll or I'll not pass the tryout then sorry."

She heard a loud squeal causing her to take away her phone from her ear for a moment.

 

"Yey! Tomorrow. Tomorrow is the tryout for baseball. I'll pick you up at 8 okay?? Thanks Yuri" said Hara in her most joyous tone.
 


She then laughed at how her best friend is so excited about being in the baseball team. She knows how adventure seeker her friend but joining the baseball team is really out of the usual.

 

"Yuri-ah! Please do your best tomorrow okay? Mwah mwah mwah! I looooove you! Bye."

***********************

The two showed up in the field with a perfectly clean pair of baseball pants, a nice light athletic shirt, and a good hat that's on forwards. Thanks to the always prepared best friend of Yuri that made their baseball rookie looks possible. They were amazed at the sight of the busy players in front of them practicing for the try-out. They looked at each other as if asking -are you ready?- then they nod and put their things on the side and joined the others for practice.

.

.
The obviously exhausted bodies dropped on the ground where the two spread their bodies like their souls want to get out from it.

"Hayyyst! I can't feel my arms anymore. This is not tryout Hara! They're not rejecting any as they really need members for the girl's team." Her voice is fading towards the end of her statement. She gulped when she realized something.

 

"Don't tell me you knew about this?" She said tilting her head towards Hara's direction with furrowed eyebrows.

 

She examined how would Hara reacts on her question and she didn't fail to know the truth. She saw how Hara curved her lips up and release a giggle after hearing the question.

 

"Yah!! How could you!? This is why I have trust issues!"

 

Yuri did her best to throw punches to her best friend despite how her arms are killing her. She was assigned as the pitcher because of her body structure and her strength. Besides Yuri volunteered to pick that position and focused on it as she doesn't want to run around the diamond-like field most of the time.

 

"Yuri baby," Hara said in the tone of Yuri's mom to get her attention.

 

Yuri's eyes just bored into her...

 

"I did this because I want you to do something that will keep you busy. That will keep US! busy"

 

Hara then cupped Yuri's cheeks with her hands and not letting Yuri escape from it. "This is gonna be fun."

 

"You have no idea what you get into Hara! This could mean the end of our free time. Now, our world will revolve around home-school -practice - home. We'll be just too tired to have things in between" She said after escaping from Hara's touch.


Hara flashed a face of excitement. "See? We added something to our world. At least now we don't only revolve between home-school-home." Then her sight traveled from yuri up to the sky.

 

"You're rooting for in-betweens, right? Now we have baseball. We have now more time outside of our home, more friends." Said Hara while enjoying the open field.


When Yuri sees how Hara is eyeing the clouds above them she then turned her attention to where Hara's eyes are.

 

"Still, you tricked me Hara!" She said while slowly closing her eyes.

 

Hara didn't answer as she knows Yuri already submitted herself in defeat over her reasonings. They shared comfortable silence, both of them are now closing their eyes feeling the cozy air that relaxes every muscle they've used on the try-out.

 

*********

"Jun where's Yuri? Call her up we'll be having our dinner."


Mara just finished preparing for dinner when she commanded her 2nd born child who's seemed very busy with his phone.

 

The lad felt a quick heart attack as his face catches the flying slipper of her Mom and then hit his hands as it drops causing him to stumble and tried his best to hold on his phone preventing it from joining the slipper in kissing the floor.

 

"Maaaaa!" He pouted while gently the side of his face that got kissed by the magic flying slipper. 

 

Seeing how his Mom is being serious with arms crossed, he then walks towards Yuri's room.

 

As he enter his sister's room he immediately pulled off Yuri's blanket revealing Yuri's dog-tired body cau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter