Ambush

Star of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yuri's Side of Truth
 

I've been squeezed out from work today. I'm exhausted. I need to recharged.

Now I'm home. Alone. This is the moment I thank God and appreciate life, my home is my haven. With just two body movements I kicked my pants off somewhere in my apartment. I immediately lay down on my bed which is, by the way is just in my living room since I'm in a studio type apartment. I lazily grabbed the remote of the stereo, I'm drained and music --music is the answer. Once I heard the music play. I just dive into a new world. I mean into my world. I've been high now for God knows how long when I heard my phone rings. This is what I don't like having a good ringtone cuz I jam to it first before answering the call so important or not the call will be aswered in it's 7th ring and I let that be anyway. Silly, but when I looked up whose calling I swipe to answer in a blink of an eye as it's my mom calling, as answered I turned off the stereo as well.

"Hello ma?" I answered with a husky voice. To make my mom feel guilty of thinking she woke me up. Well, technically she did. She brought me back to reality.

My mom then answered "nak! What took you so long to answer?! You're with your boyfriend!? Where are you?? Nak diba sabi ko sayo wag mag boyfriend muna. Career. Yan muna diba? You just graduated and you just got a job. I'm not ready to have another grandchild --yet."
 
I was actually ready to defend myself, this is the complete opposite of what I'm thinking will happen but I didn't bother cutting her out. She is really something. I was caressing my forehead with my right hand as I listened. This is what I get for having a Filipino mom, they are always extra. I want to spear myself from hearing further so I lay my phone beside me enough for me to hear her talking and not understanding a single word she is saying. This is not her before I decided to live independently. Tho I understand that she is just being paranoid or being protective we can say that and I know I must find it adorable that 'hey your mom loves you that's why she's too protective' and I know I should answer her in a cute way and reassure her that I'm doing what they wanted me to do- what I want to do it's still kinda suffocating. I mean (okay fine) in a good way as it keeps me grounded but she's really acting like a jealous with a tamang hinala palaging girlfriend to me instead of a Mom. This has been going on for a month to be exact since I moved out from home.
 

When I heard my mom stop talking I grabbed my phone back and ask her "hmm you're done? with a lazy tone.
 
"Gosh mama you caught me sleeping that's why it took me for a while to answer your call." *Fhew! sorry, I lied
 
"Mom I'm working at night till morning. This is my time of sleeping just to remind you. And no, I don't have a boyfriend and yes I'm so in a relationship with myself. Mom when are you going to end this?"

"What do you mean?"
 
She asks with her high pitch voice. Trust me, she's raising an eyebrow too. I should know. I mentally curse myself for it. *Facepalm ---I let out a sigh
 
"Mom you know what I mean". I said in calmer and cute tone this time.
 
"Okay here, trust me on this. I need this mom. This is for my own good, okay? I want to be independent Mom. I'm not asking you to stop calling me or to stop being my mom, what I'm asking is for you to know when to call, I gave you my working schedule right? and please enough of that boyfriend thingy --please stop accusing me on something we both don't want."
 
 
I'm not ready to be in a relationship either. Mind you I'm doing puppy eyes as if my mom will see it. Haha idiot. But I know it reflected on my voice.

 

"I'm sorry" My mom said in low tone. "But That's why I'm calling you. I miss you so I'm thinking we should go out. I mean anak, Will you date me? I know you're tired but you can't say NO to me, right? You have no work naman tomorrow para tuloy-tuloy na pagud mo labas muna tayo then you can sleep na for the rest of your rest days. Sounds like a plan right? I so love myself." She finishes it with a chuckle --I can tell, she's smirking by now.
 
"Mom! Are you kidding me?" I know this is only a joke. It must be a joke.. she has class today.
 
And with a proud tone she said "No, I'm not kidding." like as if she's not talking to her daughter who clearly said to her that she just got home from work and she woke her up from sleeping by calling her. Oh my gosh, mama.
 
So I tried to make her remember again "Mom! I love you. But I'm tired. I can't even imagine leaving my bed right now--can we do this tomorrow instead?? Besides, you have class today right?" I said begging.
 
"I don't, that's why I'm inviting you to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter