Soteria

Star of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
          Jessica's Side of Truth 

 

Good morning to you and good morning to me. I stretch my arms and legs to activate my joints and to free my mind for a sec. Today is friday and tomorrow will be our relaunching day. Everything's set and we're just going to have our final rehearsal of everything, we're not going to stress our selves out today in preparation for tomorrow and in relation to that we don't have to go at the venue early and I'm pretty sure as well that we'll be going home before night time.

I pulled myself for a sit and check my phone -my emails to be exact for any updates from Jenny down to Betty and so far we're good. So after some scanning I throw the phone back to where they lately belongs, at the lower left side of my bed --in which I don't have to see it and in where I can't reach it because there's nothing pretty much going on with it anyway.

Yes, Yuri stopped sending me messages -no good mornings down to good nights, no updating of what's going on with her, no hi nor hello and I don't blame her. I deserved this regret, hurt and longing that I'm feeling right now. I don't understand myself too. I have no problem with gay people or even to gay couples or maybe even being gay for her but there's this something that is unsettling for me. Alright, I love Yuri and I don't know if this is just still an infatuation because she is really attractive, she is always been so attractive for me or this is really --really is LOVE. 

Okay, let me tell you my side of truth. I grew up in California,  I spent my childhood going to my early age of adulthood there. We had to go home in Korea because of a family fued that my father don't like us to think it that way but who are we fooling and I kinda hated him for that, why he didn't fight back instead of running away. I love California, I super love it there and I have no idea about Korea I mean the things I know about it is restraining and I feel suffocated about it so first thing I ask from my parents the moment we step in our mother land is for me to continue my studies in an international school. My parents don't like the idea as they wanted us to be on a regular school where regular Koreans go as they really want us to experience the korean way of teaching -that focuses on culture, history and literature that we obviously neeeded but since I'm salty about going back here they didn't argued and just agreed with me. Guess that's how we deal things in the family, it's either you'll run away or just agreed. And so there was this one night where I was just sitting on a park bench near our home in where I cried in response to my disappointment of about us being in here and the fact that I can't do anything about it but to just go with it, I felt like the world is being unfair on me then there's this young woman maybe same age as mine who sat beside me and handed me a handkerchief. I looked at her in surprised more of why she have a handkerchief on a winter night?? But she keep her hand extended to me with her handkerchief on it. She's looking at me with those eyes telling me to just cry this out because it will make me feel good but the thing is, because of her next to me I don't feel like crying anymore, not that I'm ashamed or what but it's more of a feeling of protected and I felt guilty for thinking that being in here is the most unwisely decision my parents ever did. We both have scarf on and the only visible to us is our eyes and I will never forget those eyes, never. The next night I come to the park again not to cry but in hope to see her again and return her handkerchief and to maybe ask for her name but I didn't see her again until I attended a baseball match of our school because of Tiffany, it's the last match of her brother before they migrate to America and as asupportive sister that she is she invited all of our class to watch as our ticket to the after party. I didn't  have to watch tho just for me to attend the party but because I have nothing to do at home anyway I did come to watch, besides it's my school vs. my sister's school and I'm really into this kind of match. Krystal my sister is a die hard fan of their school, like everything her school does is magic for her, it's annoying. It's her way of convincing me to transfer to there school but I didn't cared at all.

It was a fine Saturday morning, the weather was so perfect that I didn't felt irritated by the humidity right after I step out from the house. But just as I arrived at the stadium the weather becomes sultry and it affected my mood. I hiss while getting my mini handheld fan in my bag without looking at where I was walking and then somebody bumped into me. I was already at the verge of gripping the holder of my handheld fan but I lost it because of this young lady -well an athlete in front of me. I was very sure that an irriation is painted all over my face that time and by irriation I meant this resting face I have that I myself is intimidated with.

"Ohh I'm so sorry." she said and then bowed properly that made me uncomfortable and again it shows on my face. I mean, I'm not a fan of bowing to people just to show respect or something thus I feel like I'm not worthy to be bowed at. But it's a culture thing. Anyway I think she was already at her 5th time of bowing when somebody come up to us, sprinting not just running but sprinting and judging by her outfit she is an athlete too. I watched her hold the hand of the woman infront of me and then they looked at each other, they're having a conversation thru sight which made me think they're more than just teammates and then they both poured there attention on me and that very moment when we locked eyes with each other I immediately recognized those eyes, I've never seen quite like those eyes before after that night until today. I was so certain that the young woman who come to rescue her friend from me is the same person at the park whom I named Soteria.

"Jessi you're cheering for the wrong team! Focus." Tiffany whinned while I'm busy cheering for Neunggok High School, I was really screaming at the top of my lungs specially when Soteria is doing her thing there at the field looking like a pro player.

"Unnie, that's Kwon Yuri." my sister whispered at me. Yes, she is seating beside me. We're the only ones who's cheering fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter