Decoy

Star of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 
"Yul please, just take me home."

"But Sica. .. we need to talk about this."

The woman who's intensely holding the stirring wheel is clenching her teeth out of shame, disappointment and confusion. She keep on looking at the woman on the passenger seat but she can't figure her out --she's like a fading canvas and it breaks her heart. 

She wants an assurance that what happened in the lake was not just her imaginations but Jessica is not even looking at her in the eyes. She glued her eyes to her not even realizing that she's already tearing up, she blinks at the taste of her tears that made her realized that Jessica is shivering. She was too focused to look deep into her that she failed to read what is obvious.   --Yuri stretch her arms to grab her hoodie at the back seat. She handed it Jessica. 

"At least wear that first." 

"But ---how about you?"

"I'm fine."

***

"Hey, have you already check the website? It's cool right? I think you should thank me for I found Yuri for you." Tiffany proudly put her hands on her hips with eyebrows up in front of Jessica waiting for an appreciation from her  but she received a hard look instead. 

 

"Excuse me? She found me. I don't owe you a thank you for that."

 

Tiffany chuckled in the middle of Jessica's statement in her great disapproval. 

 

"I found her for you. I mean for us. For the company. Remember?"

 

"Oh yes, the only thing you did right. Thank you." Jessica said in maximum sarcasm as she turned her attention back to her laptop. 

 

Tiffany walks to her table wearing the blown of sarcasm Jessica thrown at her.

 

"Hey, what's wrong Jess?  You seemed like you woke up at the wrong side of the bed. You've been like that for days now."

 

Staring blankly at her laptop Jessica choose to ignore  the world. She's still in this something that her mind and heart are battling about. 


'Who are you to confuse me huh?!

You know what?! I hate it when you suddenly cry whenever we're talking about Hara! That sad smile you made that accompanied a vacant stare when remembering memories of her, it pains my heart but lately I'm annoyed of it. I know I made a promise but I can't do it if you're not cooperating. Can you imagine how messy you are in front of me? I mean, you're thinking of Hara when you're with me. Don't you have manners?

It irritates me when you're acting so feminine when their's a handsome guy near you. You're such a---- aiyyyyyysh

And you're good at anything. Anything! Reason why everything reminds me of you. And you're using it to make people fall for you isn't it? Such a player. 

Everyone likes you without you even knowing it. Seeing how they looked at you makes me wanna ripped their eyes off. And you? As a player that you are, you entertain them. 

You sticks your tongue out when you're sleeping. Tsssh and you're talking to yourself for Pete's sake! No, its not cute not even adorable. Just nope. 

Your smile? Your hugs? ---and the way you hold my hand?  That's normal that I feel flattered, that's how they works. It should be like happy viruses. They should flatters one's heart.. smile should make you feel loved, hug should make you feel comfort and holding one's hand should make you feel secured so there's nothing special about yours.. Tsssh! You gave different unexplainable feelings and I think, that's normal. 

And will you stop looking at me like I can't figure out what to say. My heart beats like crazy. I'm sweating like I'm in hell. Do you really want me to die?

I'm not afraid to do anything when I'm with you. And I think you might use me to do crimes someday. Remember when you let me hold a dog, you said it won't bite ---you hold my hands telling me we'll hold it together but when I'm finally holding the dog you let go so you can clap and took pictures while laughing at how funny my expressions of discomfort are?? If only I can throw the dog and if only I can kill you that time I would!

Time. I don't have sense of time when I'm with you. I'm not thinking of anything when I'm with you. I'm literally free of anything but you. And when I'm not with you I can't do stuff cuz I'm thinking about you. I'm thinking of being with you -on how to be with you --again. And that's really crucial Yuri-ah, I could lose my job. 

And I don't know why that when I'm reading your messages I'm smiling like a ert or something and I hate how paranoid I am when you're taking your time to reply. You're driving me crazy. Don't you know that?

And about the kiss? That was just nothing. Nothing.

So yes! I'm not in love with you!!

Yuri ... please I'm not in love with you.'

 

Those decoy words of love that she's dealing inside made her dropped her head on the table. She shook her body like she wants to shove those thoughts away that she's clearly denying for Yuri . From the moment she made friends again with her after highschool she already prepared her heart and mind to do not fall in love with her. But everytime she's reminding her self with that the more she is being betrayed by her heart. She was forced to control her self the previous time during thier  highschool days as because time is not a friend of them and now that they've gotten closer than before and definitely time is making up with them, she can't do anything but to let that love softly eat her alive. 

"Oh jess! I'm sorry. But I really need your help."

Tiffany move over to her friend and brushed her hand on Jessica's back thinking she stressed her friend with her problem.


"I know you're tired of hearing my nonsense problems but this is different Jess, dad is really serious. I don't want to be tied up into a stranger." She said with a clarity of desperation in her tone.

"Dad is coming home next week. ---I know our up coming relaunching is stressing you but I need your help with dad Jess" she holds Jessica's hands attempting for a positive response

"Tiff. Let's have a drink.."  Jessica plead, ignoring what her friend is whinning about, she no longer knows what to do anymore. She don't want Yuri out of her life but it will be a hard battle at the same time. 

This two are dealing different issues with their lives now but they're both blinded of each others problem. Tho Tiffany is very vocal of hers, Jessica on the other hand is silently too focused of her own problem to ignore everything that's happening now in her life, even with the up coming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter