New Girl (cont. flashback)

Star of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whistles --clapping, some are waving and giving there welcoming smiles to the newcomers who exceptionally contributed to the recent victory of the team.

"Hi Yuri"/ "Hi Hara" the owner of the voices giggled after sending their "hi". They're obviously fangirling the two.

As a courtesy, the two are bowing and smiling to all in the room. As they walk towards the empty table, Yuri is holding Hara's hand like a kid to her mother afraid to be lost in the middle of a busy street.

"Can we go home?" An obviously overwhelmed Yuri ask her bestfriend.

"Yul." Hara widens her eyes at Yuri and gives her an are-you-kidding-me slapped on her side-arm.

"We just arrived. I'm gonna get something for us. I'm starving." and she motioned her best friend to go and have a sit.

Neunggok HS baseball team held a house party in their dorm in celebration of their victory. It's a late celebration tho, coaches want every athletes to be there thus they waited everyone to be available from their acads activities.

 

Everyone was busy talking mostly of the things they've done on the game, the lesson they've learned from each games and the new people they've met and the eye catcher players from other schools, some are busy checking the profile of the players that interests them. Some are enjoying the food the music and how fulfilling it is that the pain and stress their mind and body gone through paid off especially that most of the members are newbies. (You can't imagine how hard they've trained that leads them of winning the first game.) And their's this one girl who obviously playing the game of being a wallflower. Just sitting and observing. Looking how her teammates are enjoying the party plus the fact that they're out celebrating with the consent of their parents, (that: no worries its legal feels) is enough for her.

 


Then a girl sat beside her, lazily slammed her red with white dots sling bag on the table, she looked at the girl figuring who she is, she knows she's part of the girl's team because of the id holder she is wearing but she doesn't remember her. Yuri is so observant of people who is in her life. By her judgment base on how the girl looks, she is kinda happy go lucky teenager wearing a ripped jeans, maroon Nike sneakers and a white shirt with a large number nine(9) print on it and her hair is neatly tied. She can't take away her eyes off the stranger and the fact that she's wearing a simple outfit yet she looked so stunning interests her, she observed how the girl sipped her drink- and how sipping digg her cheek for a dimple and how she let her body rest on the chair, she seemed tired after having a few dance, she thinks.


Then moment after, the girl extended her hand proposing for a hand shake. Yuri submitted to the proposal still looking amazed at the situation she is into.

 

"I'm Taeyeon" the girl introduces herself while enjoying her drink and eyes on the dancefloor.

 

"Yuuuu-Yuri" she said hesitantly --checking the stranger if she really is talking to her or the girl is just having a daydream or something. 

 

The girl look at Yuri for the first time in that moment with a smile, shaking Yuri's hand, giving it a good grip  "I know" she said.


Then the two slowly let go of each other's hand.

 

'Uh-huh?' Yuri inaudible responded to avoid it from getting a wrong impression from the "new girl".

 

Yuri thought to herself, questioning why this "Taeyeon" invited her self to seat beside her. It's not surprising that members know her but in the way Yuri thinks, it's a big deal. It's not that she lack of self confidence or self trust because if their's a need for her to show off she is doing it well. She is so competitive that she doesn't want to look like a helpless mammal. It's just that she doesn't want too much attention because she knows how boring she can become to people she doesn't want to be with and even to those she wants. She is very reserve. Despite the "fame" now, she still chooses to think and feels she doesn't exist- a defensive mechanism that both parties will benefit. At least in this kind of field of proving to anyone what she can do is she's like a tiger who's always ready to work and chase her prospect meal but not in socializing and making herself available to anyone, to just anyone.


Tho Yuri is interested with the girl beside her she cannot just take the risk of making the girl feel uncomfortable as time goes by and leave out a bad impression for her, thankfully the only person in this room Yuri only wants to be with is already at her sight.

 

"I told you, she's boring right?" Hara asks with a hint of a teasing grin in her face to the person who's so alien to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter