#7 Mission (Kang Daniel - Wanna One)

Idol x You Drabble Game Masterlist
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: #7 – “Live, laugh, love. If that doesn’t work, then load, aim, fire.”

Pairing: Kang Daniel x reader

Genre: mafia/gang au / mildly suggestive

Warnings: talk of weapons

Word count: 949

“Live, laugh, love. If that doesn’t work, then load, aim, fire.”

This was the mantra you had been taught as a youngster by your Grandfather, and for some time the words had made little sense to you. Now as an adult, you understood them very well.

And that’s why you held the gun towards his head. You were calm and focused, and the man under your aim stared back at you, unmoving. Admittedly, that was the only annoyance you held in the moment; most of your prey would be shaking from head to toe by now, begging for mercy.

You had little to give, having lived this lifestyle for most of your life. All the same, you felt more at ease when there was routine to your missions, not having to try and decipher what was going through the victim’s head like you were now.

“Follow out your task,” he instructed, and you cocked back the hammer slowly, your hand still maintaining its perfect grip on the handpiece. Your finger ran along the trigger but didn’t press it yet.

You wanted to see how long he would remain unyielding for, to find out what his next reaction would be. And yet he gave you no satisfaction in offering you anything more than his resolute gaze, hard and unnerving. It was making you hesitate.

You wondered what your Grandfather would be thinking if he were still alive. He hadn’t trained you to be this pathetic.

As you mulled over your thoughts, it was a perfect opportunity for the victim to test his luck with you, expertly swinging the barrel and pulling the gun out of your grip, the muzzle now pointing square at your forehead. You couldn’t help but smirk; it had been a good move.

“You’ll never get to lead a mission if you hesitate this much, Y/N,” he told you sternly, dropping the gun away from your face with a heavy sigh. “You’re not ready.”

“It was only because it was you,” you muttered, giving him a sour look and moving away. He followed you, blocking your escape and pointing the gun at you again. You glanced at him

Please log in to read the full chapter